• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: The Red Sox are streaking, Yankees clobbered & other baseball happenings.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm allllll man

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread title pizzes me off! ARod's garbage time HR last night nearly put me in the money, but, alas, McCann's 0-4 was ever so slightly too much to overcome.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really need Polanco and Fowler to tear it up in the early game today. Baby needs new shoes!

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
051415_lincecum_falling_MED_edncljt2.gif

:gaah:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL DraftKings don't accept v-dollars and baby don't need new v-shoes!

For the first time ever, I crushed the blackjack tables last week in Vegas. There six full days and never once left a table down. The last night I left the table WAY up.

:hammer:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL DraftKings don't accept v-dollars and baby don't need new v-shoes!

Sheet...if I did draft kings or Fanduel, my babies would be needing way more than new shoes.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the first time ever, I crushed the blackjack tables last week in Vegas. There six full days and never once left a table down. The last night I left the table WAY up.

:hammer:

Add in the copious amounts of vodka and bourbon they served me gratis, I expect Aria to be folding any day now. . .

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THE RETURN OF KOJI: Koji Uehara is still throwing considerably more splitters than fastballs, yet the matter has become a relative nonissue as Uehara has resumed dominating, as Brian MacPherson of the Providence Journal writes.

Uehara worked a perfect, 12-pitch ninth on Thursday. He now has a 1.64 ERA with 13 strikeouts and two walks in 11 innings this year, and he hasn’t allowed a hit in his last seven games (6 2/3 innings).

BRADLEY A CENTRAL FIGURE … IN RIGHT: Nick Cafardo examines the Red Sox’ dilemma as to whether Jackie Bradley Jr. should be playing center or right field in his less-than-everyday role.

“Jackie Bradley Jr. is the best center fielder in the game of baseball,” said a National League scout. “It’s like playing Brooks Robinson at second base.”

Especially for Scott:

A HAIRPIN TURN TO PAWTUCKET: Julian Benbow attempts to trace the precipitous decline of Allen Craig in the prime of his career, a plummet that has seen him (and his turtle) go from the heart of a championship-caliber lineup to the hitter with the lowest average in Red Sox history (.130) in at least 100 plate appearances to Triple A Pawtucket in less than 24 months.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THE RETURN OF KOJI: Koji Uehara is still throwing considerably more splitters than fastballs, yet the matter has become a relative nonissue as Uehara has resumed dominating, as Brian MacPherson of the Providence Journal writes.

Uehara worked a perfect, 12-pitch ninth on Thursday. He now has a 1.64 ERA with 13 strikeouts and two walks in 11 innings this year, and he hasn’t allowed a hit in his last seven games (6 2/3 innings).

BRADLEY A CENTRAL FIGURE … IN RIGHT: Nick Cafardo examines the Red Sox’ dilemma as to whether Jackie Bradley Jr. should be playing center or right field in his less-than-everyday role.

“Jackie Bradley Jr. is the best center fielder in the game of baseball,” said a National League scout. “It’s like playing Brooks Robinson at second base.”

Especially for Scott:

A HAIRPIN TURN TO PAWTUCKET: Julian Benbow attempts to trace the precipitous decline of Allen Craig in the prime of his career, a plummet that has seen him (and his turtle) go from the heart of a championship-caliber lineup to the hitter with the lowest average in Red Sox history (.130) in at least 100 plate appearances to Triple A Pawtucket in less than 24 months.

Not sure if the numbers back it up or not, but I always think of Koji having been pretty much lights out his entire career, except the one year he pitched for TX, when he stunk.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Especially for Scott:

Are they trying to convert any of these guys to SPs?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if the numbers back it up or not, but I always think of Koji having been pretty much lights out his entire career, except the one year he pitched for TX, when he stunk.
koji relies on deception now more than ever before.

hes always been pretty good, sans texas as you pointed out.

allen craig baffles me.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they trying to convert any of these guys to SPs?
brian johnson in AAA gets the call soon, hes been lights out down there...and hes 24, its time.

eduardo rodriguez who we got from baltimore for andrew miller is next.

henry "dont call me spike" owens is much better of late but his control has been iffy this year to start..and hes labeled as a control guy.

31 IP
18 hits
14 ER
25 walks*
25 K's

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
koji relies on deception now more than ever before.

hes always been pretty good, sans texas as you pointed out.

allen craig baffles me.

You see he's off to a a good start at Pawtucket? He and Bradley (at least so far) - no problem hitting AAA pitching. Can't sniff MLB pitching.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brian johnson in AAA gets the call soon, hes been lights out down there...and hes 24, its time.

eduardo rodriguez who we got from baltimore for andrew miller is next.

henry "dont call me spike" owens is much better of late but his control has been iffy this year to start..and hes labeled as a control guy.

31 IP
18 hits
14 ER
25 walks*
25 K's

How many IP at AAA do they typically want these guys to have before the call up?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Padres have picked up two games in two days on the Dodgers and Giants.