• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: The Red Sox are streaking, Yankees clobbered & other baseball happenings.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bullpen didnt suck last night

or kelly

i thought i was dreaming.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I see a Victorino home run? I must have been high and or drunk

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hu, bring us some Queens based wisdom!

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my long-distance dedication to the Mets:

You always won, every time you placed your bets
You're still damn good, no one's gotten to you yet
Every time, they were sure they had you caught,
you were quicker than they thought,
you'd just turn your back and walk

You always said, the cards would never do you wrong
The trick you said was never piay the game too long
A gambler's share, the only risk that you would take
The only loss you could forsake
The only bluff you couldn't fake

And you're STILL THE SAME,
I caught up with you yesterday
Move from game to game,
no one's standing in your way
Turning on the charm,
long enough to get you by
YOU'RE STILL THE SAME
you still aim...hiiiiiiighhhhh....

There you stood, everybody watched you play
I just turned and walked away
I had nothing left to say

'Cause you're STILL THE SAME
(baby babe you're still the same)
You're STILL THE SAME
Moving game to game
Some thlngs never change
Ahhhhh, you're STILL THE SAME

[fade, like the Met's division chances]

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the dog teeth cleaning treats?? now thats rock bottom.....cheer up the brewers are coming to town.

What, you're holding some? Don't hold out on me, man! Anything to bust this slump...

I'm going to have to take drastic measures: going to select the Brewers in my pickems, plus put some v-cash on 'em.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What, you're holding some? Don't hold out on me, man! Anything to bust this slump...

I'm going to have to take drastic measures: going to select the Brewers in my pickems, plus put some v-cash on 'em.
only one way to break a slump hu and it isnt going costanza with the vcash....
slumpbuster_astros.jpg

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you have room on your fantasy bench, grab carlos correa, astros SS. he just got promoted to the PCL but will not be there long.

.325 in A ball
.385 in AA

Carlos Correa Minor League Statistics & History | Baseball-Reference.com

Looks very promising...I question the decision to only promote him to a "better" A team after doing so well in the Midwest League when he was 18, but it looks like he must have been hurt for most of that season, anyway. He's a big guy for a SS, almost as tall as Ripken.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they lose the first two of the Brew Crew series...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks very promising...I question the decision to only promote him to a "better" A team after doing so well in the Midwest League when he was 18, but it looks like he must have been hurt for most of that season, anyway. He's a big guy for a SS, almost as tall as Ripken.
yup, about the same build as xander...but that BA and OBP is beefy.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they lose the first two of the Brew Crew series...
i will send you a sox fan starter kit. it contains a photo of john henrys yacht, the new james taylor CD with 'angels of fenway', and an autographed lars anderson portland jersey.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will send you a sox fan starter kit. it contains a photo of john henrys yacht, the new james taylor CD with 'angels of fenway', and an autographed lars anderson portland jersey.

Don't forget a map of the T with the arbitrary last train times (Bosox game tonight, let's close it down at 9:30!!!), a lyric sheet to the song "Yankees Suck", and the official pronunciation guide (Jeetahh, NOMAHHHHH, Yoooooooooke, wicked pissah, Awhteez, etc).

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the uniqueness of Wade Miley.

On one hand, the lefthander did something extraordinary on Wednesday. It seemed as if in virtually every inning he spotted the A’s a runner in scoring position yet still managed to keep Oakland off the board. In 6 2/3 innings, he worked around nine baserunners by holding the A’s to a startling 0-for-13 with runners in scoring position (the A’s finished 0-for-14 in such situations for the game).

The idea of keeping the A’s from crossing the plate under such circumstances seems almost impossible to fathom – until one realizes that it’s a standard part of the Miley oeuvre. Miley has made 109 career starts. In six of those, he’s a) given up no runs; b) allowed nine or more baserunners; and c) lasted fewer than seven innings.

How strange is that combination? Strange enough that Miley, according to the Baseball-Reference.com Play Index, has more such starts than any other pitcher in available records – despite the fact that he’s made hundreds of starts fewer than the two pitchers immediately behind him on that list, Jamie Moyer (638 career starts) and Al Leiter (382 career starts).

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget a map of the T with the arbitrary last train times (Bosox game tonight, let's close it down at 9:30!!!), a lyric sheet to the song "Yankees Suck", and the official pronunciation guide (Jeetahh, NOMAHHHHH, Yoooooooooke, wicked pissah, Awhteez, etc).

SOLD!

FTR: I've never taken the T to Fenway, but I have taken it from Beverly to the Gahden/Old North.

It smelled funny. And not "hahah" funny

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOLD!

FTR: I've never taken the T to Fenway, but I have taken it from Beverly to the Gahden/Old North.

It smelled funny. And not "hahah" funny

It is truly something else when you catch one of the first trains out of Kenmore after the game on a hot, humid night. Buncha sweaty, tired, smelly sardines just dying to get out of there.
Actually even worse if you have to wait at the station for a while, still hot and smelly with the added threat of being pushed onto the tracks by the surging crowd.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is truly something else when you catch one of the first trains out of Kenmore after the game on a hot, humid night. Buncha sweaty, tired, smelly sardines just dying to get out of there.
Actually even worse if you have to wait at the station for a while, still hot and smelly with the added threat of being pushed onto the tracks by the surging crowd.

Have experienced similar at the 4 train station near Yankee Stadium. Vile.

However, the 7 train experience at Mets Willets Point is heavenly. Very orderly, no pushing or shoving, a pleasant aroma permeates the air. Families with strollers/small children are given seats next to the Seniors and pregnant women, while young men stand aside and wait for the next arriving train, which is ALWAYS right behind this one.

Plus, the MTA employees come by with the free gelatos to refresh the parched crowd.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have experienced similar at the 4 train station near Yankee Stadium. Vile.

However, the 7 train experience at Mets Willets Point is heavenly. Very orderly, no pushing or shoving, a pleasant aroma permeates the air. Families with strollers/small children are given seats next to the Seniors and pregnant women, while young men stand aside and wait for the next arriving train, which is ALWAYS right behind this one.

Plus, the MTA employees come by with the free gelatos to refresh the parched crowd.

I call BS on this...they hand out egg creams, not gelato.