• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Price for Mariota...

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly right Taz, plus they'll have to do the rebuild without all the picks they'd give up to get him. No way this would be a good move.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we dont trade up for Mariota...then we are going to have to build a dominant D.

Id let Ryans go & sign ILB Irving (Denv).
Let Williams & Fletcher go & sign CB B.Maxwell (Sea).
Draft S Holliman (Louisville) & Ekpre-Olomu. (Oregon)
Re-sign Graham & have a 3 man rotation with him, Barwin & M.Smith.
Re-sign Maclin of course. Probably wind up keeping Cooper & Herremans for 1 more year each.
Give extensions to Cox & KEndricks. Both deserve it.

On Offense, gotta get a G (almost a must move). Maybe Grasu from Oregon. Could play C or G. Plus draft another WR. Maybe A.Hill from Arizona.

Then later grab that QB Bennett that Chip used to have at Oregon (the guy Wings was talking about). I like Hundley but Im not convinced he'll be what we need/worth the pick that will be needed).

Would be basically the same O (Foles as starter) but the D would be younger & faster. Then in 2016 re-evaluate that damn QB pos.

I just hate prolonging the inevitable. WE NEED A GOOD/GREAT QB.

Last edited by a moderator:

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE NEED A GOOD/GREAT QB.

Everyone does. Chip's real genius is going to have to be figuring out a way to change this equation. I'm not yet convinced that Chip can't make it work with Foles.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone does. Chip's real genius is going to have to be figuring out a way to change this equation. I'm not yet convinced that Chip can't make it work with Foles.

I am convinced it wont work UNLESS we have a dominant D. Chips system/mind are off the charts but they are no match for a great D with just an average QB at the helm. Foles doesnt beat the Hawks either. Shit, they may not have even scored.

Bill Walsh couldnt have done the things he did without Montana. Jimmy Johnson doesnt win any Super Bowls with Steve Walsh. Etc...

You might get lucky & win 1 SB with an average QB & great D but long term greatness (with SB win(s)) isnt attainable without a damn good QB.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am convinced it wont work UNLESS we have a dominant D. Chips system/mind are off the charts but they are no match for a great D with just an average QB at the helm. Foles doesnt beat the Hawks either. Shit, they may not have even scored.

Bill Walsh couldnt have done the things he did without Montana. Jimmy Johnson doesnt win any Super Bowls with Steve Walsh. Etc...

You might get lucky & win 1 SB with an average QB & great D but long term greatness (with SB win(s)) isnt attainable without a damn good QB.

Seems like the only hope then is that Chip can identify a sleeper with the tools he can develop (e.g. someone like the guy Wings recently posted about). We'll never be bad enough with Chip to get a top 2-3 pick. Seems like you have to a top pick (e.g. Manning, Luck) or luck into one (Brady, Rodgers).

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still looks like Tampa will get the top pick, and probably take Mariota with it. I was hoping Jacksonville somehow would end up with it so we could have a shot at a trade.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still looks like Tampa will get the top pick, and probably take Mariota with it. I was hoping Jacksonville somehow would end up with it so we could have a shot at a trade.

Jacksonville has the Future NFL SuperStar....When Penn State played UCF last year I was raving about this kid Bortles....That kid is gonna be a star in the NFl.....so you folks that are in Keeper leagues....That is the cat ya want. :agree:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't look so hot right now. Did you see the game last night?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville has the Future NFL SuperStar....When Penn State played UCF last year I was raving about this kid Bortles....That kid is gonna be a star in the NFl.....so you folks that are in Keeper leagues....That is the cat ya want.

I will vouch for wings. He called Bortles last year after the PSU game. I thought he went overboard, but he was right. (for a change).
:lol:

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says you NEED a great qb to win a ring?

Both mannings played like shit and got rings, Russell wilson is good, but hardly "great".

Again, We are in need of a BETTER QB than what we have, but we dont need a "great" one to win.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say get Chip whatever QB he wants. I would have draw the line at 3 #1s, though. That's Fucking ridiculous.

But we have to get Chip his QB or there's no point in having Chip here.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but im not giving 3 1st round picks, that hiw you become a laughing stock.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but im not giving 3 1st round picks, that hiw you become a laughing stock.

Absolutely Correct.

I would not give up three #1 picks for any player currently playing let alone to draft one. Team that give up a lot make their teams laughing stocks.

The GM's that traded for Herschel Walker, Ricky Williams and RGIII all say hi.......

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville has the Future NFL SuperStar....When Penn State played UCF last year I was raving about this kid Bortles....That kid is gonna be a star in the NFl.....so you folks that are in Keeper leagues....That is the cat ya want. :agree:

I totally agree about Bortles. I wanted the Titans to get him sooo bad. I hate seeing him squandered in Jacksonville.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another trade that might be doable...

1 (2015) Should be around 17th.
1 (2016)
QB Nick Foles
DE Vinny Curry

To Tampa Bay for

1 (1) Marcus Mariota

I think that trade could be sold to both teams fan-bases.

I gotta believe Chip is gonna go as far as Howie will let him to go get Mariota.

Last edited by a moderator:

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1 (2016)
QB Nick Foles
DE Vinny Curry

To Tampa Bay for

1 (1) Marcus Mariota

I gotta believe Chip is gonna go as far as Howie will let him to go get Mariota.

Are you serious? This is a horrible trade for the Eagles to make.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1 (2016)
QB Nick Foles
DE Vinny Curry

To Tampa Bay for

1 (1) Marcus Mariota

After Tampa is done laughing, I would ask why would they want one year of Foles and Curry? They have a Foles clone already in Mike Glennon. Keep dreaming Swat but this is not where near enough.

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of mortgaging everything, what about trying to trade for a guy like Kaepernick or even RGIII. Guys who have fallen out of favor in their teams but could have a huge upside paired with Kelly.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only Chance I see for the Eagles would be this

We would trade Nick Foles, 3 #1 picks and Vinny Curry to Tampa and the ONLY reason I think Tampa would consider this is because Vinny Curry should be an Every down DE in a 4-3 and he could be a STUD...Nick Foles could be a stop gap to their New QB that they take in rd 2 then they take those 3 #1 picks and rebuild. I only see this as a slight possibility only because Tampa is so bad. But I highly, highly doubt it.