• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Price for Mariota...

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are gonna do it...you do it only for a QB. That QB has to be pretty close to a cant miss prospect in your system. Id say Chip thinks so of Mariota.

But you dont trade 3 or 4 #1s + good to great players. That would be crazy for any draft pick.

Fletcher Cox & (2) #1s is plenty. You are giving up a great player & the "chance" to draft 2 more good players (provided those picks are in the 20+ range). For Mariota w/Chip Kelly...yea, Id do it.

Another team? No, because he isnt as much a sure thing in a different O. So Im not sure there will be a ton of competition to trade up for him if the price is real steep.

Only chance we have is if the Jags or Raiders get the pick. Both are poor teams & seem to have their QBs already.
Take Fletcher Cox off our D-line we would have another HUGE hole to fill.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way am I giving up 2 or 3 1st rd picks for anyone, let alone for a guy who isnt a sure thing and with us having huge holes to fill.

If petty is there in the mid first, id go up with our 1st and a 4th, maybe a 4 next year. If we can pick up flowers, maybe a 1st and 3rd. But qbs can be had at the end of round one that can be just as successful as top 10 qbs.

We need contributions on day 1 in rounds 2-4.

We are really two cbs and a qb away from a legit super bowl run.

You figure

Hoyer, cutler and one of the non rg3 foreskin qbs would be available pretty cheap come april.

If we cant land petty late 1st, id give cleveland a call and dangle a 5th escalated to a 3rd for hoyer.

Or maybe wait to see if chicago cuts cutler. No way they eat his 30 million the next 2 years.

We have some options, but mostly we need a guy who will get the ball out quickly and not turn the ball over.

Priority via FA has to be corner help, and QB. Foles cannot run a quick paced offense. He holds the ball too damn long.

Mariotta could be a stud, but giving up multiple first rarely ends well for franchises shelling out the picks.

Herschel walker, ricky williams, rg3 etc...

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but NO.

WAY too many holes to fill now and in the near future. For one, it means that for the next 3 years there is no way we are going to fix the secondary, unless we want to spend much of our salary cap on mill-stone contracts, which might not pan out anyway (see DRC/NA, or Dallas' secondary). Our O-line needs to be replaced in the near future. We are extremely thin at LB...

I know Wings would be ecstatic to get rid of Shady, but again, I say no. Shady brings way too much.

For team chemistry reasons I do NOT want Winston either.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take Fletcher Cox off our D-line we would have another HUGE hole to fill.

Redskins fans are really hoping that the Eagles make a deal like that so that everyone will have another team to make fun of.

Seriously though, if you are going to give up that much, you better be getting Luck or Peyton Manning. Marriota is nowhere near as safe as those guys, and therefor trading up to get him would be a terrible gamble unlikely to pay off if the price is really that high.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it from a guy whose team traded that much for a stud.. It isnt worth it. Julio is fucking great but the cost of losing those picks has left us depleted at almost every other position. You guys have a good QB in Foles, he may not be the perfect fit for the system but there is no reason to mortgage the future on an unproven quantity.

This is my thoughts exactly NEVER Do this types of trades work out. Go as far back as the Hersall Walker deal. Use those picks to build around Foles, sure up the secondary and move on.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Chip will wind up trading for a vet QB available, and maybe drafting another, but not moving up and sacrificing a lot of picks. Build a deep team and fill holes. We were fortunate last year to go 10-6 with a weak schedule, and surprising a lot of teams with our hurry-up offense. We have improved the team over last year, but the competition is stronger than last year's. This is a work in progress, and will probably take 2 more years to be as strong as the elite teams. IMO.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good chance that Nick Foles is the starting QB next year and Barkley is the backup. Maybe if a QB slips into the later half of the top 10, like 8 or 9 they deal up from the 20th pick (which is where they will be when they miss the playoffs) That would most likely cost this years and next years number 1. That certainly would hamper the team too much going forward.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles will be your starter next year. You're getting Bradley Fletcher's replacement in the first.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm OK with Foles, but he needs someone to compete with him for the job. Motivation.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Barkley is not motivation?

Joking people, joking.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. We need to pick up another Vet. someone with better talent than Sanchez or Barkley, and then draft a QB of the future, like the kid from SE Louisiana.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe people are willing to trade Cox for a question mark. Ridiculous.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe people are willing to trade Cox for a question mark. Ridiculous.
Not just that, you don't wanna Create another HUGE hole in your lineup!!! Cox is our best d-linemen!

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget about Mariota we need a defense that isn't afraid to lay the smack down! Look at the WRs we have to face (Bryant, Beckham, etc.). WE HAVE NO SECONDARY!

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just that, you don't wanna Create another HUGE hole in your lineup!!! Cox is our best d-linemen!

Hes probably our best defender overall, he can change a game by himself, you don't trade that, you give it 90m to stay lol.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think for a minute that the Texans wouldnt have traded Watt + (2) #1s for the the right to draft Andrew Luck.

Mariota could be that guy for us. Its risky but its a calculated risk + playing it safe doesnt usually get you anywhere anyway.

We can forget going anywhere with what we have now at QB, at least imo.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Mariota, but he is not Luck!
Luck was NFL ready, and that includes reading defenses.
Mariota hasn't seen anything like a NFL defense yet. Don't get me wrong, I hope we get him without giving up Cox, Kendricks, or Johnson, but he is not as sure a thing as Luck was coming out. Hardly anyone is. They don't grow on trees.
As much as Reid has held us back years ago by not drafting Thomas, this would be worse if Mariota does not turn out to be a superstar. I am OK with several draft choices, but not giving up any stars in the process.
Besides, this is a moot point, as I expect some team in the top ten picks to trade up to get him anyway.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Mariota but no way I'm giving up 3 #1s and one of Cox/Kendricks/Johnson. Cox and Kendricks are stars, and Johnson is playing very solid and has a ton of upside.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think for a minute that the Texans wouldnt have traded Watt + (2) #1s for the the right to draft Andrew Luck.

Mariota could be that guy for us. Its risky but its a calculated risk + playing it safe doesnt usually get you anywhere anyway.

We can forget going anywhere with what we have now at QB, at least imo.
You are high if you think any player is worth an mvp candidate AND two high first round picks for luck.

Not even joe montana, tom brady or Peyton manning in his prime is worth that.

I think some of us are more concerned with having a Qb rather than winning football games. Truth be told, i like the texans long term prognosis more than I do the colts, and outside of aaron rogers I cant picture one other "lights out" QB in the league right now.

Brees, brady, manning, wilson, rivers, etc all have had up and down streaks this year.

We need a qb, and im all for moving a pick or two to get one, but im not sacrificing good toung players for another lateral move, let alone a ? Draft choice.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just cant be done unless they rip up this team and start over. First off the trade to get Mariota will have to be historical. If you are Tampa who needs a QB worse than we do why would you deal away the chance to build around him unless its historical. Then even if you pull off the deal to get Mariota by the time he is ready to win you wont have anyone around him. Most of the stars on this team will be ready for Social Security. Rookie QBs dont win Super Bowls. So maybe two years from now. Where is Shady going to be in two years, we are already seeing a decline this year, How about Jason Peters, Evan Mathis etc. You simply cant do that type of tear down.
Its much more probable that they continue to build around Nick Foles. Fix up the offensive line, that make both Foles and Shady Better and get some Cornerbacks and a safety and lets do this again next year. That can be done via free agency and the draft