• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Patriots win Deflategate

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they have a right to their opinions. And I'll have the right to mock opinions that I think are stupid.
This is true and for the record I don't care enough to argue about it, but it does appear to me that NE fans get a little uptight when they find out that others still are calling their team "cheaters" Like @Lakers+USC=#1" , but that's not what this thread about. This thread was attempting to make the point about "doing the classy thing"
When you get a stick and stir the shit in the toilet, however it's going to stink more - Not less. Just saying

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons Fans Going Crazy Complaining That James White’s Knee Was Down Before Ball Crossed Goal Line - Daily Snark

Patriots probaly still score and the Falcons shouldn't blow a lead like that but replay shouldn't be this tough. Peace.

To me the Falcons lost the game on the fumble that led to the ball quickly going back to the Patriots which opened the door to another touch down and the 2 point play. I don't think that particular play was the out of bounds one which did not help their case either

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logic follows that if he partially jumps over the center, then he jumped from being partially lined up over the center. Back that film up a few millisecs.

upload_2017-2-7_13-23-55.png

That's at the snap. He has to be outside the shoulder pads of the snapper.

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-7_13-21-20.png
    upload_2017-2-7_13-21-20.png
    308.9 KB · Views: 1

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still haven't seen inconclusive evidence.

...and unless they have a view from the other side of the field of the point of the ball, there won't be, so the play stands as called, a touchdown.

Clinging to that supposed controversy is silly. The Falcons were getting pushed all over the field. Even if my some miracle they had found an angle the proved the runner short of the goal line, does anyone really believe the Falcons could hold them out for 3 more plays?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and in the refs' judgement, he wasn't.

The ref who was plugged in to the national broadcast told Troy Aikman and Joe Suck that it should not have been a penalty because it was executed properly.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and unless they have a view from the other side of the field of the point of the ball, there won't be, so the play stands as called, a touchdown.

Clinging to that supposed controversy is silly. The Falcons were getting pushed all over the field. Even if my some miracle they had found an angle the proved the runner short of the goal line, does anyone really believe the Falcons could hold them out for 3 more plays?

It was really close, but I just don't see how the Falcons were going to keep the Patriots out of the endzone. They were spent.............. badly.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if ole roger wanted to he could have gotten the officials to call an honest game . so when your dumb asses sit tom 4 games roger did you a favor . btw he want hold up to 18 or 19 game season . plus who was your first round pick last year and another pick in this years draft right ?

All the punishments were certainly intended to hurt the Patriots for their dastardly deeds. If the suspension helped keep Brady fresher than usual that's fairly ironic, don't you think?

I'm saying that they still won despite the punishments.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning the Superbowl proves nothing about deflategate. What it does prove is that the Patriots shouldn't need to cheat, yet seemingly can't help themselves. Belichick always looking for that additional edge, legal or not. Even in the game, he had Shea jumping the center from a slight angle on a kick attempt to try to skirt the rule about being on the line of scrimmage over the center; refs didn't buy it though. Pushing the rules to the limit (or beyond).

Can you list and example of supposed cheating?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't be at the line of scrimmage over the center at the snap of a kick try. They got it right. Doesn't have to be offsides to be a penalty.

He wasn't. He leaped over the left guard.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is possible, but the lack of evidence in court is not proof that they did that. It just means there wasn't enough evidence to make the case. People still have the right to their opinions and many still always hold their opinion that the Patriot's cheated. You can't change that opinion.

There was overwhelming evidence that is was caused by the IGL. You just don't like that fact that the NFL was wrong.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you list and example of supposed cheating?

To what end? As I said, winning the Superbowl doesn't prove they cheated or not; just that they shouldn't need to cheat.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ref who was plugged in to the national broadcast told Troy Aikman and Joe Suck that it should not have been a penalty because it was executed properly.

That guy had the benefit of replay, and penalties are not eligible for replay. In the ref's judgement, it was an illegal play.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not on the line of scrimmage, and he leaped over the left guard.

You are simply butt hurt and reaching.

No, I'm reiterating what the ref called. I have no horse in this race. The fact that Pats fans can't get over a penalty call in a Superbowl that they WON is pretty entertaining though.