• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw him play on TV against Montana and the announcers kept making him sound like he was Johnny football with his magic but he looked at best a backup at a Pac12 school.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even a mention of the major he's been wanting that his school doesn't offer and he can't find anywhere but Oregon. I guess they can make one up later.I remember the days (not too long ago) when Oregon fans would give us a list of all the QBs on the roster that were the next .... no , even better than Marcus.

The entire FCS is the Ducks farm clubs. Beats putting your money or one or two who may or may not develop. I can see other well off teams using this strategy. Who knows, the next MM may be playing right now at Last Chance A&M.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guise are so smart and witty

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be fair Jonsen never got a chance since he was hurt. he could be the one that wins the job.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oregons schedule opens with UC Davis, Virginia and then @ Nebraska giving whoever it is 2 games that Oregon should have no trouble with time to warm up. @ Nebraska with Riley is the slightly trickier one.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon looking to bring in another 5 year senior ringer. Shocking. I'm sure his class credits will be comical.

Come on guys....

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon looking to bring in another 5 year senior ringer. Shocking. I'm sure his class credits will be comical.

Come on guys....

Montana State is the Harvard of Montana though

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
husky fans....... :sark:

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even a mention of the major he's been wanting that his school doesn't offer and he can't find anywhere but Oregon. I guess they can make one up later.I remember the days (not too long ago) when Oregon fans would give us a list of all the QBs on the roster that were the next .... no , even better than Marcus.
Technically I think the rule is that it just has to be a masters degree his current uni doesn't provide. Of which Oregon by has a plethora of the most likely one for any athlete doing this would probably be "Interdisciplinary Studies: Individualized Program" can justify just about anything by showing one class that the current school doesn't have with that one.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oregons schedule opens with UC Davis, Virginia and then @ Nebraska giving whoever it is 2 games that Oregon should have no trouble with time to warm up. @ Nebraska with Riley is the slightly trickier one.
um, the Ducks destroyed Riley and Co. for 7 straight years when he was less than an hour away.

Now he is a few thousand miles away and Oregon is just as good, while Nebraska is a dumpster fire.

None of our OOC games scare me the least bit.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come on guys....
Na this one is actually set to graduate and be available for spring practice. no questionable credits as far as ive heard.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montana State is the Harvard of Montana though

So slightly better chance he'll pass the 2+2 exam to qualify to attend Nike U than Adams? Sounds like the Ducks have their next free agent. Skkoooooo Prukop!!!!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Na this one is actually set to graduate and be available for spring practice. no questionable credits as far as ive heard.

Appears he'll be your QB next year for sure. No credit issues and he likes playing from the shotgun which is why he's saying the Ducks are his #1 choice. The Prokop era at Eugene commences.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of that high profile publicity that team has seen over the last decade and for the second straight year they are forced to go to the graduate transfer route to find a competent QB. All those high ranked classes and zilch. So that's at least 4 years they failed to find a decent QB? Most teams would have their heir apparent already in place behind high profile players.

Might want to ask Helf why they are entirely failsauce at identifying QB talent at the high school level.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of that high profile publicity that team has seen over the last decade and for the second straight year they are forced to go to the graduate transfer route to find a competent QB. All those high ranked classes and zilch. So that's at least 4 years they failed to find a decent QB? Most teams would have their heir apparent already in place behind high profile players.

Might want to ask Helf why they are entirely failsauce at identifying QB talent at the high school level.
I dont think thats it either. the talent is there but not all talented players pan out. not all talented players can handle the next level. Lockie has been a bust. We dont actually know what Mahalak or Jonsen can really do. people assume they cant because they weren't given the chance. Jonsen was hurt but still we don't know. Mariota was third behind Thomas and Bennett. Thomas left and then MM beat out Bennett. And there are 3 on the next class already a 4 and a couple 3 star recruits. Anyone could be the next guy

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think thats it either. the talent is there but not all talented players pan out. not all talented players can handle the next level. Lockie has been a bust. We dont actually know what Mahalak or Jonsen can really do. people assume they cant because they weren't given the chance. Jonsen was hurt but still we don't know. Mariota was third behind Thomas and Bennett. Thomas left and then MM beat out Bennett. And there are 3 on the next class already a 4 and a couple 3 star recruits. Anyone could be the next guy

Well, your coaches must not think too much of them. If they did, I seriously doubt that they'd be considering bringing in a graduate transfer again. It doesn't send the best message to future QB recruits.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Four years ago they would not have gotten a QB with 4 years college experience and proven success. Eastern Washington, Montana State...where is the next years QB playing today?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JC transfers and 5th year graduate QB's are only sought after as fill in guys when there are holes at the position. Every school has done both. High value kids transfer because they want to start somewhere instead of sitting on a bench and then injuries happen. Some high prospect QB's don't work out. In fact many don't. That's why you recruit at least one or two every year no matter what's already in your system.

The best teams get their kids and sit them a year to learn their system. Most don't have their top players start until their 3rd year on the team unless they didn't have a strong Jr/Sr with a stellar player coming off their red shirt year. Those are the strongest kids to have. They sit in YOUR schemes learning YOUR language and plays with YOUR players for one or two full years before even sniffing the field.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically I think the rule is that it just has to be a masters degree his current uni doesn't provide. Of which Oregon by has a plethora of the most likely one for any athlete doing this would probably be "Interdisciplinary Studies: Individualized Program" can justify just about anything by showing one class that the current school doesn't have with that one.

Yes, you mean like V. Adams class Introduction to a calculator 101

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RegentDenali Thank you for defending Mr. McCaffery on that idiotic thread. It is clear that clarkson has drunk for the SeC kool aid. I would go in there, but I might leave there being reduced to a LSU degree. The stupid hurts there.

So here is the true question, if the Husky D continues to grow, who wins the north next year UW (great/good D and developing QB), Oregon (Developing D, and another QB for hire with tons of offensive weapons (I would take Freeman over Henry)) or Stanford (9 D returners, but an unknown at QB, LT, LG and slot WR).

My money is on a WSU regression, OSU progression, CAL implodes like a sorostitute who wasn't told she was pretty, and then Oregon, UW and Stanford beating the ever living crap out of each other. Could 2016 be the year the south rises, if only due to the North being top heavy?

Oh and fuck that guy boardref.

Status
Not open for further replies.