• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelley knew he would be sitting on the bench for a couple years. had nothing to do with Adams or Prukop.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelley knew he would be sitting on the bench for a couple years. had nothing to do with Adams or Prukop.
Who said it had anything to do with them? :noidea:

I said Oregon doesn't need QB commits. They have their minor league system of grad students from shit schools.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said it had anything to do with them? :noidea:

I said Oregon doesn't need QB commits. They have their minor league system of grad students from shit schools.
did I quote you as having said it?
no i was saying what everyone is thinking. coaching change at the position from the coach who recruited him and seeing guys ahead of him who will have the advantage as far as more time on campus in the system and for Jonsen likely in game experience.
and if you are talking about Adams, a QB who almost beat Washington while at one of those shit schools and then did beat UW at Oregon and Prukop who has yet to win the starting position its not a system. they just happened to do it 2 years in a row. never had before, may never do it again.
Oregon has recruits Jonsen was a recruit. Wilson was a recruit. Wallace was a recruit. Herbert was a recruit. Oregon doesn't need a recruit in this class.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah but after Jonsen, who has been my pick since he committed but he was hurt last season, looked solid in the spring game and Wilson behind him being a small factor in the QB comp as a true frosh as well as Frost leaving who kelley commited to and Yost coming in who he may not like were the likely factors.

So you like the one QB who hasn't left. Shocking.
I think Mambas return just got pushed back even farther with this.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did I quote you as having said it?
no i was saying what everyone is thinking. coaching change at the position from the coach who recruited him and seeing guys ahead of him who will have the advantage as far as more time on campus in the system and for Jonsen likely in game experience.
and if you are talking about Adams, a QB who almost beat Washington while at one of those shit schools and then did beat UW at Oregon and Prukop who has yet to win the starting position its not a system. they just happened to do it 2 years in a row. never had before, may never do it again.
Oregon has recruits Jonsen was a recruit. Wilson was a recruit. Wallace was a recruit. Herbert was a recruit. Oregon doesn't need a recruit in this class.

That's crap logic. Somethings wrong there and some of the recruits have noticed. Second year in a row the Ducks bring in a hired gun from a lower program. One time you can probably give some sort of reason that might sound ok to some people. Not to us here who would see the posts every other month from duck fans about their great new QB recruit. But others might buy the explanation. But two years in a row? come on now. That's a serious warning sign. To me it says that oregon feels they can't afford to drop a little farther and develop a QB for fear of losing the national spotlight they have had recently. They see they aren't the hot new thing anymore and they think if they don't stay near the top they will lose that spotlight that daddy and Nike want. So they go for the seasoned QB from the lower division . You're blind if you don't think the lack of development at that spot after mariota and the lack of commitment to any of their QB recruits isn't making players think twice about going and staying there.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you like the one QB who hasn't left. Shocking.
I think Mambas return just got pushed back even farther with this.
If you've been around you would know I have been on him since he was still Travis Waller.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's crap logic. Somethings wrong there and some of the recruits have noticed. Second year in a row the Ducks bring in a hired gun from a lower program. One time you can probably give some sort of reason that might sound ok to some people. Not to us here who would see the posts every other month from duck fans about their great new QB recruit. But others might buy the explanation. But two years in a row? come on now. That's a serious warning sign. To me it says that oregon feels they can't afford to drop a little farther and develop a QB for fear of losing the national spotlight they have had recently. They see they aren't the hot new thing anymore and they think if they don't stay near the top they will lose that spotlight that daddy and Nike want. So they go for the seasoned QB from the lower division . You're blind if you don't think the lack of development at that spot after mariota and the lack of commitment to any of their QB recruits isn't making players think twice about going and staying there.

Oregon signed 3 Qb recruits this year all 3*. 2 of them top 25 dual threat QBs. so no I dont think recruits are noticing something that is not there.
Bringing in Adams wasnt planned. He said he wanted to transfer oregon was just 1 option and it was the one that afforded him to play. UCLA and Texas were other options he considered. Lockie had obviously topped out. Allie was a walk on so I dont know if expectations were all that high. Mahalak was BMOC in high school and when he got to college got a cold dose of rality that it took more than talent and showing up. He didnt do the work and now he transfered. any lack of developement was on his lack of work. And no Im not making an excuse, he admitted as much. Waller was doing well in spring before missing the season to injury. Bringing in Adams was kind of a no brainer.
As for Prukop, Oregon saw what Lockie was capable of and have since moved his position. Jonsen is healthy now but still coming off any injury is going to give caution. Wilson is a true frosh so Oregon decided to get Prukop when he came available. If he didnt decided to transfer Jonsen and Wilson would be the competition. I dont think there is a lack of developement overall, I think there is a lack of developement for Allie and for Lockie. sometimes players top out. sometimes they are 2/3 star players or a walk on for a reason. Mariota evolved from that level. Lockie did not. Allie went from walk on to scholarship player so he developed. but what was his cieling? Jonsen has already been developing in his time off. thats why going into spring he was the leader for the QB job. Not Prukop.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon signed 3 Qb recruits this year all 3*. 2 of them top 25 dual threat QBs. so no I dont think recruits are noticing something that is not there.
Bringing in Adams wasnt planned. He said he wanted to transfer oregon was just 1 option and it was the one that afforded him to play. UCLA and Texas were other options he considered. Lockie had obviously topped out. Allie was a walk on so I dont know if expectations were all that high. Mahalak was BMOC in high school and when he got to college got a cold dose of rality that it took more than talent and showing up. He didnt do the work and now he transfered. any lack of developement was on his lack of work. And no Im not making an excuse, he admitted as much. Waller was doing well in spring before missing the season to injury. Bringing in Adams was kind of a no brainer.
As for Prukop, Oregon saw what Lockie was capable of and have since moved his position. Jonsen is healthy now but still coming off any injury is going to give caution. Wilson is a true frosh so Oregon decided to get Prukop when he came available. If he didnt decided to transfer Jonsen and Wilson would be the competition. I dont think there is a lack of developement overall, I think there is a lack of developement for Allie and for Lockie. sometimes players top out. sometimes they are 2/3 star players or a walk on for a reason. Mariota evolved from that level. Lockie did not. Allie went from walk on to scholarship player so he developed. but what was his cieling? Jonsen has already been developing in his time off. thats why going into spring he was the leader for the QB job. Not Prukop.
Oly, it's evident that there are many worried the you won't be a "sitting Duck" this season and subject to their revenge for your past dominance. If you are not, we need a reason to prove that your continued competiveness is due to shady practices or an abundance of cash and something that they would never,ever do. Your reply to these barbs should be an extended middle finger.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tate Martell opens up recruiting

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd big QB bombshell this week with major PAC implications. Looks like some dominos are dropping post spring practices as prospects re-evaluate the current and projected future of the teams they're considering when it comes to the positions they play and impacts from changes to coaching staffs since bowl season began.

Martell had offers from more than half the PAC, including Washington, USC, UCLA, and Cal. One of the guys who was heavily involved in his recruitment at A&M is now the OC at Cal, Jake Spavital.

While many of the big hitters that where heavily pursuing him, like Bama and Mich, have landed their high ranking commits, you bet your ass there will be plenty of schools who will immediately start after him for visits again. He's still the top rated dual threat QB in the nation.

Let the games begin. Martell committing to a PAC school is very much a possibility now. Cal could be in the drivers seat with this, especially with Dykes recommitment to the program adding stability factor and Spavital the OC.

This will also cause some other dominos to drop as well because this will effect other positions like WRs, TEs, and their decisions as well.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. The dominos are dropping. A 4-star WR just decommitted from A&M tonight as well, although he's a Texas kid so another tSEC program or state of Texas school will get him. But for Lindsey, if Martell commits to Cal, there could be impact there. Ohio State will probably still want to restart pursuit of Martell.

A&M fans be like this tonight. :poke:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You signed three 3* qbs ( is that supposed to impress? Oregon State has 3* too). You are ignoring the Ducks were pursuing some 4* and 5* and got none of them and you have some how lost many of those hot shot next Mariota kids. And before you tell me you personally weren't high on some of them ,they were recruited and signed by the duck staff so they obviously liked them. If the starter this year is your free agent from the lower division (again)thats like four years (two while Mariota was there and two since) of no QB development . You might think that's no big deal, but if you don't think other that schools are pointing out that not one QB recruit that's been at Oregon in four years was developed enough to step in after Mariota you're living in La la land.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You signed three 3* qbs ( is that supposed to impress? Oregon State has 3* too). You are ignoring the Ducks were pursuing some 4* and 5* and got none of them and you have some how lost many of those hot shot next Mariota kids. And before you tell me you personally weren't high on some of them ,they were recruited and signed by the duck staff so they obviously liked them. If the starter this year is your free agent from the lower division (again)thats like four years (two while Mariota was there and two since) of no QB development . You might think that's no big deal, but if you don't think other that schools are pointing out that not one QB recruit that's been at Oregon in four years was developed enough to step in after Mariota you're living in La la land.

Stating that Oregon signed three 3* QBs means that the recruits aren's scared off by what you think they should be. Missing out on 5 star players isn't as big a deal because Oregon never got those anyway. Oregon QBs have been more of a 3-4 star for years. Jonsen is a 4* and Mahalak was also. Lockie and Mariota were 3s. Hobbs was 3 Rodrigues was a 4. Not sure Oregon has ever had a 5 star.

Before I tell you? I have been saying Jonsen was the guy since he was still Waller.

2 years with Mariota didnt develope as far as you think they should have. Lockie, like I said did but hit his ceiling. then you have 3 QB's ( Two 4* and a 3*) trasnfer because Mariota beat them out and then decided to come back for another year. as for since he has been gone, due to the transfers Oregon was left with Lockie, a walk on a transfer from GT and 2 frosh. Griffin was moved to DB and as I have talked about already Mahalak was self admittedly lazy, didn't focus. I dont think you can put his limited or lack of developement only on the coaches. If a person wants to get better they have to not only take in what they tell him but also do the work.
Morgan Mahalak is out to sell Oregon Ducks coaches on his promise at quarterback

and Jonsen was hurt yet still put himself in position to be in the QB battle now.
Other schools are gonna say what other schools say. recruiting like that doesnt work on eveyone. some kids dont want to hear what they have to say about other schools but would rather a coach sell their own to them. If you dont think Oregon isnt aware of what others are saying against them and have a solid counter arguement then you must be my neighbor in La la land.
PS if you think Kelley's decommitt wasnt because of coaching changes and seeing the developement of Jonsen then your house is also bigger in La la land.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stating that Oregon signed three 3* QBs means that the recruits aren's scared off by what you think they should be. Missing out on 5 star players isn't as big a deal because Oregon never got those anyway. Oregon QBs have been more of a 3-4 star for years. Jonsen is a 4* and Mahalak was also. Lockie and Mariota were 3s. Hobbs was 3 Rodrigues was a 4. Not sure Oregon has ever had a 5 star.

Before I tell you? I have been saying Jonsen was the guy since he was still Waller.

2 years with Mariota didnt develope as far as you think they should have. Lockie, like I said did but hit his ceiling. then you have 3 QB's ( Two 4* and a 3*) trasnfer because Mariota beat them out and then decided to come back for another year. as for since he has been gone, due to the transfers Oregon was left with Lockie, a walk on a transfer from GT and 2 frosh. Griffin was moved to DB and as I have talked about already Mahalak was self admittedly lazy, didn't focus. I dont think you can put his limited or lack of developement only on the coaches. If a person wants to get better they have to not only take in what they tell him but also do the work.
Morgan Mahalak is out to sell Oregon Ducks coaches on his promise at quarterback

and Jonsen was hurt yet still put himself in position to be in the QB battle now.
Other schools are gonna say what other schools say. recruiting like that doesnt work on eveyone. some kids dont want to hear what they have to say about other schools but would rather a coach sell their own to them. If you dont think Oregon isnt aware of what others are saying against them and have a solid counter arguement then you must be my neighbor in La la land.
PS if you think Kelley's decommitt wasnt because of coaching changes and seeing the developement of Jonsen then your house is also bigger in La la land.

It's Oregon. Even Colorado gets 3* top 25 QB recruits. Did you really think I meant Oregon can't get any QBs to go there? I meant the ones the Ducks went after hard, the top dual threat guys didn't commit to Oregon. Before you got 3*s because you're system was kinda unique and the skill; set needed to run it wasn't rated that high. Now many teams run a similar system or at least look for dual threat QBs. So the better ones do get the higher ratings now. The fact that the Ducks are still getting 3* says something because they have been trying to get and keep the higher rated ones.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Jim, he told you Oregon has never been able to attract top shelf QB talent so it's alright. :L

I don't care how good Browning is/might be, I'd take that killer 4*/5* kid and hope he's so good he forces Jake to transfer. But that's me I guess. :noidea:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Oregon. Even Colorado gets 3* top 25 QB recruits. Did you really think I meant Oregon can't get any QBs to go there? I meant the ones the Ducks went after hard, the top dual threat guys didn't commit to Oregon. Before you got 3*s because you're system was kinda unique and the skill; set needed to run it wasn't rated that high. Now many teams run a similar system or at least look for dual threat QBs. So the better ones do get the higher ratings now. The fact that the Ducks are still getting 3* says something because they have been trying to get and keep the higher rated ones.
and they have also been going after and trying to get the 3* guys as you said early for a reason.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Jim, he told you Oregon has never been able to attract top shelf QB talent so it's alright. :L

I don't care how good Browning is/might be, I'd take that killer 4*/5* kid and hope he's so good he forces Jake to transfer. But that's me I guess. :noidea:
Best guy for the job is not always the 4 or 5* guy. Mariota, Manzel, Cousins, Foles, Wilson, Lindley Tannehill, Kaepernick, Rodgers, Ryan, Flacco, Bradford and on and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.