• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a strange one NN. No one is perfect at picking college ball. If I was I'd be rich betting the lines. No one ever claimed to be any such thing.

Nice try to deflect though. The simple fact is this team under performed again. And that's not from 'husky' fans, that's based on every credible preseason poll. They had more talent than their record bore out. That's a fact.

I agree, no one is perfect at picking college football. Why not just admit that rather than wonder how you could be so wrong regarding another team not your own? I would say if your expectations don't pan out, it is you that is wrong in your expectations.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@OregonDucks, here's your avi when you're ready to accept reality. I know that's probably still a week out, so just bookmark this page. :thumb:
ux14c.jpg

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SBNation has
Rose Stanford
Alamo Oregon
Holiday Utah
Foster Farms USC
Sun WSU
Vegas Cal
Cactus UCLA
Poinsettia Arizona
Heart of Dallas Washington
Armed Forces ASU

I would be happy with any of those 3 at-large bowl bids, but the poinsettia is nice because you can easy invite your Cali recruits to visit the game. Dallas also works because Petersen does have a pipeline in Texas from his Boise days and he's always looking for talent from that deep pool. Armed forces could have us playing a service academy and that's always fun.

Just give us a bid to get those extra practices in and go get another piece of hardware for the trophy case. Go Dawgs!!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're another, T12, that is far from the expert football fan you want to be. USC sucks up all the talent it needs to underachieve and has depended on luck to let a three loss team win the South, all the while whining that sanctions have destroyed the program, but is quick to agree to ASU's short comings. But then, if we want to know about under achievement, who else to ask but a Trojan fan.

Really?!? Underachieving. How many NC's do you? How many BCS bowl games has ASU won? How many have they been to? How many PAC titles do you have?

Now, how many times have you been predicted to win the PAC?
How many times was ASU supposed to be the team to unseat USC and how many times did it happen?

Underachieving? Your Sun Devils have the market cornered. You were considered on of the favorites to win the PAC South. What's your record?

I did notice, however, that you said nothing to actually refute anything in my post.

Also, haven't seen any USC fans whining about sanctions. So, not only did you do nothing to refute what was said about ASU, you had to make shit up on top of it.

As for what's actually wrong with your program. It's probably best that you ask a Trojan or Husky. After all, based on your replies, you have no clue.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SBNation has
Rose Stanford
Alamo Oregon
Holiday Utah
Foster Farms USC
Sun WSU
Vegas Cal
Cactus UCLA
Poinsettia Arizona
Heart of Dallas Washington
Armed Forces ASU

Hope they're wrong. If USC doesn't get the Rose Bowl, I'm hoping for the Holiday Bowl. Want to go to the game.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford has moved up to 7 in polls released today. They would need help with a lot of chaos to occur in the other champ games, even if they win in statement style next week, to have a shot at a playoff spot. Oklahoma pretty much punched their ticket yesterday, so 3 slots are in play although whoever in wins the Big10 game will get in, Iowa or MSU.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be happy with any of those 3 at-large bowl bids, but the poinsettia is nice because you can easy invite your Cali recruits to visit the game. Dallas also works because Petersen does have a pipeline in Texas from his Boise days and he's always looking for talent from that deep pool. Armed forces could have us playing a service academy and that's always fun.

Just give us a bid to get those extra practices in and go get another piece of hardware for the trophy case. Go Dawgs!!!
Oh they will get a bid no matter what. 6-6 is a bid when only as many as 78 teams can be bowl eligible. anywhere from 2 to 5 5-7 teams will get a bid so all 6-6 teams will get one first.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford has moved up to 7 in polls released today. They would need help with a lot of chaos to occur in the other champ games, even if they win in statement style next week, to have a shot at a playoff spot. Oklahoma pretty much punched their ticket yesterday, so 3 slots are in play although whoever in wins the Big10 game will get in, Iowa or MSU.

Not to be a stick in the mud, but I'm kinda hoping my Trojans will make sure that it doesn't matter what kind of chaos happens.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope they're wrong. If USC doesn't get the Rose Bowl, I'm hoping for the Holiday Bowl. Want to go to the game.
I get it. If USC loses they fall to 8-5 so utah at 9-4 would be the more appealing but I think in state southern california local would bump them up.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not worried about all that, Stanford lost out when they let the Ducks push them all over the field. I am hoping they beat USC so I can take my pops to his third Rose Bowl. He couldn't go to the ones in the seventies due to having a young family and he missed the 99/00 one because my mom had surgery.

I look forward to that look on his face every time. He looks like a kid on christmas win or lose just being there. He walked on to the team in '61 and then my mom got pregnant his So. year and he never played again.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. If USC loses they fall to 8-5 so utah at 9-4 would be the more appealing but I think in state southern california local would bump them up.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for. The bowls want butts in seats and USC should show well in that regard.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will respect TF's superstition, even I have those. Any other Trojan fans up for an AVI bet? @963BUSC @socaljim242 ?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not worried about all that, Stanford lost out when they let the Ducks push them all over the field. I am hoping they beat USC so I can take my pops to his third Rose Bowl. He couldn't go to the ones in the seventies due to having a young family and he missed the 99/00 one because my mom had surgery.

I look forward to that look on his face every time. He looks like a kid on christmas win or lose just being there. He walked on to the team in '61 and then my mom got pregnant his So. year and he never played again.

Dammit Buddha. You tryin' to make me feel bad for wanting USC to win? :lol:

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear I buy into ASU every year. They always come into the season with firepower and a scary defense. And every year they seem to fizzle out before seasons end. Are they just unlucky? Cursed? Coaching? What is it? :noidea:

Will I buy into them going into next season? Or have I FINALLY learned my lesson. Will I assume they can't meet their talent level in wins and they end up winning the south?

I just don't get that team.
Assume all the above! I am not giving up (been a Sun Devil for a long time) Year after Year same story *sigh I am so humiliated that we have 6 wins. I predicted 8 plus a good bowl.
My two bits: Coach Todd Graham is a keeper and has a over 600 winning record as a head coach and over 700 in major bowls. He is the second best coach for the shortest amount of time. So keep him, change the course in other areas (special teams, defense(tackling) and play calling) ASU is one of the least penalized teams vs previous years. We are losing some of our mediocre CB's so that is good.
Next year I would rather not be ranked and come in like Utah did. Graham needs to get back on the grease board and watch the videos of all the mistakes, horrible blitzing calls, etc and start from scratch.
To that end don't give up on Sparky because when you do he will bite you in the end.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will respect TF's superstition, even I have those. Any other Trojan fans up for an AVI bet? @963BUSC @socaljim242 ?

I'm up for the challange.lol. But i've never done an Avi bet so win or lose you're gonna have to walk me through this.

I'm hoping USC plays well and makes it a game. Stanford is the better team but USC has some game breakers.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To that end don't give up on Sparky because when you do he will bite you in the end.

:lol: No doubt. Sure as everyone picks them to finish in the lower half of the conference, they'll end up in the playoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.