• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your pick

68758553_03363467d0_1.jpg

I'll have one of each please!!:suds:

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect ASU will be soft to start next year, but will probably be the sort that finishes stronger. They're going to have to figure out where the defensive line depth comes from and who they've got that could play corner. I wouldn't be shocked to see a safety or two moved to corner and a truckload of bump and run on the outside.

The offense, I suspect, will be as good or better. I don't see losing Finkenberg as being particularly huge- His 1st Team All Pac 12 felt like more of a career achievement nod than anything else. Kind of a "Here you go" for being an above average starter at LT for 4 seasons. Westerman becoming eligible will probably make up for it, and Koebensky wasn't so good at center he can't be replaced. Frankly, I wouldn't mind if they wind up replacing 3 starters because Tyler Sulka had some really ugly moments in pass pro at RT. He's not big enough to be that slow on his feet. The skill positions should be outstanding though, even losing Grice and Coyle.

Realistically, ASU probably drops back to 8-4, 9-3 range. Maybe better, but 7-5 or worse is hard to imagine with as solid as I expect the offense to be. The teams that got rolled will probably still get rolled- I just don't think they'll do that well in the closer ones, but who knows? Maybe Kelly makes the leap to elite status in year 3. ASU won 10 games against the #1 SOS in the country. A step back is to be expected, but I doubt they'll fall too far.

Last edited by a moderator:

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect ASU will be soft to start next year, but will probably be the sort that finishes stronger. They're going to have to figure out where the defensive line depth comes from and who they've got that could play corner. I wouldn't be shocked to see a safety or two moved to corner and a truckload of bump and run on the outside.

The offense, I suspect, will be as good or better. I don't see losing Finkenberg as being particularly huge- His 1st Team All Pac 12 felt like more of a career achievement nod than anything else. Kind of a "Here you go" for being an above average starter at LT for 4 seasons. Westerman becoming eligible will probably make up for it, and Koebensky wasn't so good at center he can't be replaced. Frankly, I wouldn't mind if they wind up replacing 3 starters because Tyler Sulka had some really ugly moments in pass pro at RT. He's not big enough to be that slow on his feet. The skill positions should be outstanding though, even losing Grice and Coyle.

Realistically, ASU probably drops back to 8-4, 9-3 range. Maybe better, but 7-5 or worse is hard to imagine with as solid as I expect the offense to be. The teams that got rolled will probably still get rolled- I just don't think they'll do that well in the closer ones, but who knows? Maybe Kelly makes the leap to elite status in year 3.

I posted my thoughts on who starts on defense next year on the ASU team forum. At corner I see Randall being moved to replace Irabor and Carrington replacing Nelson. James Johnson will take over for Darby most likely and Ball will either play free safety or spur LB. If he plays spur one of the 8 freshman DBs coming in will probably have to step up at free safety.

On the defensive line Hood is probably the only shoe in and obviously Bradford at devilbacker if he decides to stay. Jagne is the most talented d-lineman on the team except maybe Sutton and will start if he gets his act together but I'm not counting on it. A freshman will probably have to step up. Either Connor Humphreys or Tashon Smallwood. Smallwood hasn't commited yet but all signs point to it being a done deal :hope:

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted my thoughts on who starts on defense next year on the ASU team forum. At corner I see Randall being moved to replace Irabor and Carrington replacing Nelson. James Johnson will take over for Darby most likely and Ball will either play free safety or spur LB. If he plays spur one of the 8 freshman DBs coming in will probably have to step up at free safety.

On the defensive line Hood is probably the only shoe in and obviously Bradford at devilbacker if he decides to stay. Jagne is the most talented d-lineman on the team except maybe Sutton and will start if he gets his act together but I'm not counting on it. A freshman will probably have to step up. Either Connor Humphreys or Tashon Smallwood. Smallwood hasn't commited yet but all signs point to it being a done deal :hope:

I anticipate the starters next season on DL will wind up being Hardison, Hood and Demetrius Cherry off his redshirt. They're the most physically developed. Jagne or Corey Smith out of NOLA might be options instead of Cherry, but Cherry is older and just appears to be a massive human being for a guy that can play DE. We'll probably need all of them though from a depth standpoint. Presuming Smallwood and Humphreys sign, it would be nice if they could contribute, but freshman linemen, OL or DL, rarely make that much of an impact. Hood was an exception there. Onyeali may figure in as well in passing situations if he ever gets healthy.

At corner, Carrington seems likely due to his time at nickel this season and Wadood will probably figure in as well. Randall was who I thought of as well as a likely candidate to move if there are enough people behind him. He could thrive at corner, and that's probably what he'd have to play in the NFL at his size. It wouldn't shock me if Tyler Wiley wound up at CB too if he wants immediate PT. I haven't heard anything about Solomon Means and Will Earley this year, but they both bring size at CB, which would be really nice. I expect CB is going to be a "We'll see" situation right up until the end of the summer.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I anticipate the starters next season on DL will wind up being Hardison, Hood and Demetrius Cherry off his redshirt. They're the most physically developed. Jagne or Corey Smith out of NOLA might be options instead of Cherry, but Cherry is older and just appears to be a massive human being for a guy that can play DE. We'll probably need all of them though from a depth standpoint. Presuming Smallwood and Humphreys sign, it would be nice if they could contribute, but freshman linemen, OL or DL, rarely make that much of an impact. Hood was an exception there. Onyeali may figure in as well in passing situations if he ever gets healthy.

At corner, Carrington seems likely due to his time at nickel this season and Wadood will probably figure in as well. Randall was who I thought of as well as a likely candidate to move if there are enough people behind him. He could thrive at corner, and that's probably what he'd have to play in the NFL at his size. It wouldn't shock me if Tyler Wiley wound up at CB too if he wants immediate PT. I haven't heard anything about Solomon Means and Will Earley this year, but they both bring size at CB, which would be really nice. I expect CB is going to be a "We'll see" situation right up until the end of the summer.

I forgot about Hardison when writing that. I think you're right and he starts. Cherry certainly has ideal measurables and has talent but disappointed this year. A full offseason with the team should be good for him.

From what I read I think a big reason Humphreys chose ASU was because he saw what Hood did as a true freshman and was promised playing time. I'd also like to see Whiley at CB but it sounded like he really wants to play offense and ASU was the only one who offered him as a full time WR.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiley will probably start at WR and get a shot to play there. I just suspect that if he finds himself 3rd string at wideout, he might let it slip to the coaches that he'd be willing to play corner if that gets him on the field.

If he's good enough to step in and play right away at WR, it'doesn't matter, and he may well slide into the Foster role if DJ winds up as the primary tailback. Ideally some of the guys they recruited last year are ready to go anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of funny how I posted the Graham thing mostly as a joke and it lead to serious discussion.

Will be interesting to see who lands the University of Texas job though.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your pick

68758553_03363467d0_1.jpg

These your guys, "the one on the left" the "one on the right"

youngsters,

Mamba, when I win the pickems on the bowls, I will take all of them... This deal is subject to change of course if Oly's information about 8yrs ago this photo was shot, in which case you'll have to get todays coed's:suds:

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frick, I got shut out on RB tickets. Any of you big UW or Oregon donors have the ability to hook a brother up. I know both schools have small allotments for the RB but they are reserved for donors. I can PP funds for 2 tickets (depending on price). If you think you can swing it PM me.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frick, I got shut out on RB tickets. Any of you big UW or Oregon donors have the ability to hook a brother up. I know both schools have small allotments for the RB but they are reserved for donors. I can PP funds for 2 tickets (depending on price). If you think you can swing it PM me.

scalpers bro. What I did for tOSU RB. Got good seats in Oregon section.

Status
Not open for further replies.