• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mamba, thanks for my new AVI and thanks for always supporting our great nation's military.

The military deserves the support of citizens as fewer can qualify for service and veterans are a dwindling percentage of the population. They are generally giving more than ever now when they serve.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The military deserves the support of citizens as fewer can qualify for service and veterans are a dwindling percentage of the population. They are generally giving more than ever now when they serve.

Agreed. And with further cuts to the military and our force spread WAY too thin, things may only get worse. Thanks for your comments:suds::agree:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have 12 returning starters next year, losing 3/5 of their o-line and 3/5 of their secondary, both of which were very good this year.

But they do have very good skill position players coming back on offense. The south could come down to the Territorial Cup again next year.

ASU returns 16, including 9 on defense. Depending on whether or not Kelly is still considered the starting QB that number could be 17, but Jaelen Strong is almost certainly going to the NFL.

Our entire offense is basically coming back and Rich Rod did a nice job of finding replacements for both lines and added one of the best hitting juco transfers in the country. I don't think we'll skip a beat, and same goes for ASU.

I think the South comes down to USC & the Arizona schools next year. If the T-Cup decides it again then that would be awesome. I like it better when we play each other with more than the Cup at stake.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must have missed the last couple of USC vs. Biebers games?:noidea:

You know what happens on Thurs nites when your ranked Trojans come to town TF. As for me Beavs in the Mosoleum, we haven't won anything there in 30 years.

All common knowledge son, don't play "hide-n-seek" with me now. :bullshit:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another busy day with PAC12 recruiting before the dead period.

3-star DT Dillon Faamatau (Norwalk, CA) committed to WSU. He had offers from ASU and Utah.

4-star RB Cameron Scarlett (Central Catholic H.S., Portland, Oregon) committed to Stanford. Many consider him the best RB recruit on the west coast this year. His offers included: UCLA, ND, BYU, Cal, Washington, Oregon, and both Arizona schools. Big critical get for Stanford this year.

3-star DL Ricky McCoy flipped his commit from Arizona to Washington today. Nice get for our Dline as he can play inside and outside.

And Gary Andersen is starting to build up his coaching crew at OSU. It was announced he will retain WR coach Brent Brennan whose a solid recruiter and did good work for the Beavs passing game.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And classy move is classy.

Before heading back to Oregon to begin practices, Marcus Mariota visited the WTC memorial and left a lei for the fallen.

B46vuaPIMAAaO-6.jpg

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still rather pissed rumors weren't true of Leach interviewing for the Houston job.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still rather pissed rumors weren't true of Leach interviewing for the Houston job.

If they get a decent DC they will make strides this year. That young QB looks legit and I'd expect to see their scoring not skip a beat in the post Halliday era. If they can stop a few teams they can reach a bowl.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they get a decent DC they will make strides this year. That young QB looks legit and I'd expect to see their scoring not skip a beat in the post Halliday era. If they can stop a few teams they can reach a bowl.

Yes, they needed a new DC but its rather hypocrital that Breske was let go when the only reason Leach got an extension was because of Breske. Breske did a fine job this year given that Leach gives him zero defensive recruits, the turnovers and lack of TOP for Leach's shitty offense will keep them from ever getting a balanced team which is the only way you can win at Washington State.

And special teams and turnovers are what cost us a bowl game and with Leach there will always be turnover as well as horrible special teams since he has a different player quit every week so they can't field ST units.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have 12 returning starters next year, losing 3/5 of their o-line and 3/5 of their secondary, both of which were very good this year.

But they do have very good skill position players coming back on offense. The south could come down to the Territorial Cup again next year.

ASU returns 16, including 9 on defense. Depending on whether or not Kelly is still considered the starting QB that number could be 17, but Jaelen Strong is almost certainly going to the NFL.

ASU probably returns 17. Damarious Randall and Graham seem to think his eligibility petition (something to do with baseball) is close to a sure thing. They should have 10 back on defense, only losing Hardison. On offense, they lose Kelly, who (sadly) was outperformed by his backup, presumably Strong for the same reasons as the other likely 1st or 2nd rounders, and 2 offensive linemen, one of whom was very good and one of whom was not so good. Outside chance D.J. Foster leaves, but I doubt he'll get a high enough grade to jump. So, likely 17 with an asterisk for Berco. 17.5 with very little loss on the 2nd string.

Long story short, I think ASU is coming back loaded and if they can run the ball consistently, I think it'll be Graham's best team. Special teams should get a shot in the arm with DeChavon Hayes eligible who is, apparently, astonishingly fast. Like Black Mamba fast. He's just been cleared to practice and a recent article quoted one of the defensive coaches muttering "That's not fair" while watching one of his long score

I believe it because his hudl highlights were ridiculous.

As for predictions, I'd say Oregon wins the North almost by default. Maybe Furd is back if Hogan plays better. In the South, I think the ASU/USC game decides it.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regent Wiz TF

Can one of you post the bowl game betting lines?

PAC games double value.

I am workin a grip lately and on top of that I am under the weather.

Thanks

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever runs it, feel free to run as you see fit.

Extra points for CFP games or whatever.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU probably returns 17. Damarious Randall and Graham seem to think his eligibility petition (something to do with baseball) is close to a sure thing. They should have 10 back on defense, only losing Hardison. On offense, they lose Kelly, who (sadly) was outperformed by his backup, presumably Strong for the same reasons as the other likely 1st or 2nd rounders, and 2 offensive linemen, one of whom was very good and one of whom was not so good. Outside chance D.J. Foster leaves, but I doubt he'll get a high enough grade to jump. So, likely 17 with an asterisk for Berco. 17.5 with very little loss on the 2nd string.

Long story short, I think ASU is coming back loaded and if they can run the ball consistently, I think it'll be Graham's best team. Special teams should get a shot in the arm with DeChavon Hayes eligible who is, apparently, astonishingly fast. Like Black Mamba fast. He's just been cleared to practice and a recent article quoted one of the defensive coaches muttering "That's not fair" while watching one of his long score

I believe it because his hudl highlights were ridiculous.

As for predictions, I'd say Oregon wins the North almost by default. Maybe Furd is back if Hogan plays better. In the South, I think the ASU/USC game decides it.

Kelly was outperformed by his backup because he never recovered from his injury and likely should not have been playing in the first place. ASU owes Kelly for stepping up when we needed him and making a champ out of a perennial under achiever. The end of the season melt in on Graham, not Kelly.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regent Wiz TF

Can one of you post the bowl game betting lines?

PAC games double value.

I am workin a grip lately and on top of that I am under the weather.

Thanks
I'm on it. I'll make a thread for it.

In before the "why didn't you just use ESPN and have everyone join it to keep score?"

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The beginning of the revolt. AZCentral reports that ASU is changing from Nike to Adidas apparel.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly was outperformed by his backup because he never recovered from his injury and likely should not have been playing in the first place. ASU owes Kelly for stepping up when we needed him and making a champ out of a perennial under achiever. The end of the season melt in on Graham, not Kelly.

Kelly didn't look like himself even before the injury. He's always struggled on the deep throws but his short and medium range throws didn't look as accurate as they were the previous 2 seasons, and the injury certainly didn't help that. He also locked in on Strong and Foster while Berco was able to spread the ball around much better.

I feel bad for saying this because he did a lot for ASU in his first 2 years as a starter but I'm glad this is his last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.