• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The offseason stuff thread

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dreger said when tavares meets tge leafs, they will have a tavares leafs #91 jersey with a c on it as if that is gonna put them over the top lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dreger said when tavares meets tge leafs, they will have a tavares leafs #91 jersey with a c on it as if that is gonna put them over the top lol
From Friedman:

1. Of all the GMs stating their case, I’m most curious about Toronto’s Kyle Dubas. He’s definitely a different thinker. It was reported the Maple Leafs prepared an elaborate on-ice presentation. In The Cubs Way (a book about their 2016 World Series victory), author Tom Verducci reported that GM Theo Epstein, in wooing pitcher Jon Lester, hired special-effects Masters from Hollywood and producers from the gaming industry to make a lifelike movie of the team winning the World Series. “(Epstein) didn’t want Lester to just imagine what it would be like to win,” Verducci wrote. “He also wanted him to see what it looked like.” Tavares may get the same treatment.

Hey, they made dreams reality.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was definitely clutch for Boston in the playoffs with his *checks paper* three goals.

Oh, and this would have tied him with Matt Calvert for the team lead. And his five points would have tied him with Seth Jones for second!

From Friedman:

1. Of all the GMs stating their case, I’m most curious about Toronto’s Kyle Dubas. He’s definitely a different thinker. It was reported the Maple Leafs prepared an elaborate on-ice presentation. In The Cubs Way (a book about their 2016 World Series victory), author Tom Verducci reported that GM Theo Epstein, in wooing pitcher Jon Lester, hired special-effects Masters from Hollywood and producers from the gaming industry to make a lifelike movie of the team winning the World Series. “(Epstein) didn’t want Lester to just imagine what it would be like to win,” Verducci wrote. “He also wanted him to see what it looked like.” Tavares may get the same treatment.

And Vegas has the line of drumming Subbans. They have to be in the mix, right?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Friedman:

Ok if something like that goes down, it would be something ... but a jersey??? Lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and this would have tied him with Matt Calvert for the team lead. And his five points would have tied him with Seth Jones for second!
Not bad for one round, except that I could've sworn I saw Nash celebrating with his teammates as they knocked my team out and went to the second round.

Ok if something like that goes down, it would be something ... but a jersey??? Lol
Making him feel as though he'd be the top dog on the team might help allay any fears that he would be a second-fiddle to Matthews.

Of course they could just tell him that verbally but...I dunno. #TrustTheProcess? :noidea:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad for one round, except that I could've sworn I saw Nash celebrating with his teammates as they knocked my team out and went to the second round.

Right! If he was on the team we'd have made the second round!

Actually now some scuttlebutt that he's worried about the last concussion and may retire.

N
Making him feel as though he'd be the top dog on the team might help allay any fears that he would be a second-fiddle to Matthews.

Of course they could just tell him that verbally but...I dunno. #TrustTheProcess? :noidea:

It's Babcock's responsibility to tell him he's more important than that PUNK SNOT NOSED LITTLE SHIT!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If JT is headed out West, I'd rather he land in Dallas than San Jose.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliotte Friedman is reporting that the Kings will not qualify Tobias Rieder and he will be a free agent. Also, there is a lot of Western Canadian team interest in Jason Zucker.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Babcock's responsibility to tell him he's more important than that PUNK SNOT NOSED LITTLE SHIT!

bdec4649af4eed268f3de828e461d122.gif

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had one goal vs. the Leafs. Doubt he would've helped much against the eventual champs.

Would have been huge if it was in OT in game 3.

Re: Tavares List, why (fuck?) Dallas?

You have to think the possibility of centering Benn and Seguin is pretty attractive.

But the idea of playing for a college coach trying to make the jump to the NHL isn't.

Maybe he just likes BBQ. Real BBQ. Not that Carolina crap.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: Tavares List, why (fuck?) Dallas?

I think the idea of a Seguin/Tavares 1-2 punch is enticing but otherwise, maybe a strictly dollars issue (no state tax)? It's not like their pipeline is well-stocked and even if it were why leave the Isles then?

They have talent but adding JT alone isn't going to sustain that team. Definitely one of the stranger choices, especially if its over someone like Nashville.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tavares situation will be fun to follow this week. I think he's leaving the Islanders, myself.