• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The official WVU 2014 recruiting thread

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured Id start one heading to signing day. Bad news today as we lose an OL commit to Kentucky, big loss, like 6'8 300# worth of loss :jaw:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured Id start one heading to signing day. Bad news today as we lose an OL commit to Kentucky, big loss, like 6'8 300# worth of loss :jaw:

From what I read, he had his offer pulled when he took his visit to UK? He was the lowest ranked OL WVU had offered.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read it was only Scout that had him the lowest ranked OL in the class.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a big loss due to the fact this kid played pretty agressive, something we have lacked on the oline for a while I think. Still trying to figure out A. how Kentucky has 26 commits B. Why the heck would you pick Kentucky over WVU for football. I was really hoping we would get this guy in here, but onto the next signee.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, just got word that Krok did not flip, his offer was pulled when he visited UK. He told the staff he would not visit anyone else so when he did they pulled the offer.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
247 had him as our highest rated OL but said the same thing about his visit to UK sealing his fate but... At the end of the day they got him and we didn't, not good this late in the game IMO but we'll see if the staff can pull a rabbit out of the hat here and fill that spot with similar quality.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
247 had him as our highest rated OL but said the same thing about his visit to UK sealing his fate but... At the end of the day they got him and we didn't, not good this late in the game IMO but we'll see if the staff can pull a rabbit out of the hat here and fill that spot with similar quality.

Word I have heard is we have two more Juco linemen coming in and now that his scholly is available we will be offering another DL or DE. Two more weeks of this.....

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that he was promised playing time at Kentucky before he took the visit. That was the draw for him there.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenderius Whitehead, a very talented DE out of JUCO is reportedly committing to WVU. He was a JUCO All-American, and a 4 star recruit out of high school. He has 3 years of eligibility.

Pretty big get!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of recruiting and Bill Stewart whatever happened to the Hawaiian pipeline the program was building?????....:laugh3:....has big foot ever been found BTW?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenderius Whitehead, a very talented DE out of JUCO is reportedly committing to WVU. He was a JUCO All-American, and a 4 star recruit out of high school. He has 3 years of eligibility.

Pretty big get!

Personally I'd trade an OL loss for a Good DL gain any day. Not saying I don't love the big uglies but that DLine makes the entire defense better an God knows we need that.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but we need our QBs to survive... Something they didn't do last year...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive line is the most important position in these new style offenses, even moreso than in the past. I hate to see a WVU commit at any position flip, especially an O lineman. IF Holgorsen pulled the scholly offer because the kid visited another school he is even more immature than any of us thought.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive line is the most important position in these new style offenses, even moreso than in the past. I hate to see a WVU commit at any position flip, especially an O lineman. IF Holgorsen pulled the scholly offer because the kid visited another school he is even more immature than any of us thought.

From what I read, WVU's coaching staff had a rule in place, this kid knew and understood the rule. So, the staff acted appropriately in their response to his actions. For the staff to not pull his offer, would be inappropriate.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I read, WVU's coaching staff had a rule in place, this kid knew and understood the rule. So, the staff acted appropriately in their response to his actions. For the staff to not pull his offer, would be inappropriate.
Same story I seen too, I don't like losing an OLinemen for the same reasons stated but the kid looks to be a tackle and we have one already enrolled for this class from JUCO and another coming plus at least one more projected tackle. Not trying to sugar coat it, losing our commit hurts but....not sure what else the staff could have done, the kid had a HS team mate there and from what I gather Stoops being from the same area helped as well :noidea:.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on where this kid will play? Looks like a pro DE.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what Ive read looks like he will try out for both and let the coaches make the call (that's kinda exciting imo knowing he is THAT talented even tho he hasn't played organized football very long) with his HS coach looking to be doing DLine on staff I would guess his best shot will be there :noidea:.

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have any of you guys heard of a freak athlete who only played 2 years of HS football, recruited and played for South Florida, and went on to be a 1st round pick? Yep, he is known as JPP (Jason Pierre-Paul). Now, I know it's WAY too early to compare but athletic kids with raw talent could develop into studs with some good coaching. Or crazy thought...The kid can obviously block and from what I've read is a pretty good b-baller. What about moving him to TE? Antonio Gates (6'4, 255), Julius Thomas (6'5 250) were former baller's who made the jump to football as TE's. Didn't I read somewhere that Holgy wanted an athletic TE like Jace Amaro (6'5 260)? This could be his chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have any of you guys heard of a freak athlete who only played 2 years of HS football, recruited and played for South Florida, and went on to be a 1st round pick? Yep, he is known as JPP (Jason Pierre-Paul). Now, I know it's WAY too early to compare but athletic kids with raw talent could develop into studs with some good coaching. Or crazy thought...The kid can obviously block and from what I've read is a pretty good b-baller. What about moving him to TE? Antonio Gates, Julius Thomas were former baller's who made the jump to football as TE's.

Sure have, and I don't think the TE idea is totally out of the question since he is that athletic and so green. We lost a TE prospect to Miss State recently, that thought might be in the back of the coaches mind, never know.