• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The official who are you rooting for Superbowl LIII thread

Who do you want to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well boyos (and gals), it's finally time for the 2018 season Superbowl. Some of us saw our teams suck horribly all around, some of us had a few nice things happen despite being awful before (the Browns), others of us got shafted by reality after lofty expectations going into the season (I can relate), and a few of us are dealing with ultimate heart-wrenchers (KC, NO).

With all that said, who are you rooting for in Superbowl LIII? Personally, I'm torn. On one hand, I've developed an appreciation for the insane level of salt that the Patriots successes have been causing for the past 15+ years despite being anoyed by it years ago - at this point, their total dominance of the AFC has become comical, and that rustled feathers are enough to make me enjoy them and Brady winning another title.

On the other hand, the Rams did just pull off an upset that triggered unheard of mountains of salt from Saints fans and others who blame their loss on 1 play of a 60-minute game+ OT and numerous Saints failures in said game. The amount off asss soreness we could see if the Rams win is simply off the charts, plus that smug fuk Sean Payton deserves every bit of karma he gets after all the crap he's he pulled over the years.

I'll narrowly decide to root for the Rams in this one. But I admit that my feelings are tilted due to disdain for Sean Payton and the Saints and hoping to see even more whining and crying from them and their asss hurt fans But I could still appreciate a Patritos win to rustle everyone in its own right.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ain't nobody rootin for the fake ass Rams.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ain't nobody rootin for the fake ass Rams.

giphy.gif

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I must say this year has a different feeling to it.

I'm not sure if it was the disdain for Peyton and the Saints, the Chiefs, or the Rams? But over the past couple of days there has been more support for the Pats:scratch: I'm not sure I like this? I enjoy when everybody hates NE.

Or maybe some of the rationale football fans here have finally subcummed to they are watching greatness. This year, compared to past years no one was really giving NE a chance. BB has done it once again. Over the past month or so (excluding the Miami last second blunder) the Pats are rolling.

What do others think?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the Pats.
Well I must say this year has a different feeling to it.

I'm not sure if it was the disdain for Peyton and the Saints, the Chiefs, or the Rams? But over the past couple of days there has been more support for the Pats:scratch: I'm not sure I like this? I enjoy when everybody hates NE.

Or maybe some of the rationale football fans here have finally subcummed to they are watching greatness. This year, compared to past years no one was really giving NE a chance. BB has done it once again. Over the past month or so (excluding the Miami last second blunder) the Pats are rolling.

What do others think?

This years Pats were on page 2 and it's not a knock against them. The Rams went crazy in FA and had a dynamic offense, Maholms putting up Madden type numbers his first full season and the Saints hot start were the toast of the NFL yet quietly the Pats kept doing their thing under the radar. Your seeing greatness from this franchise that I think can't be duplicated and fans this year are seeing it. Finally the whole who's better Rodgers/Brady debate for some should finally be dead.

Fred_Delosantos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thought maybe this was which official (referee) I am rooting for, for SB LIII.

I'm always hoping to see Sarah Thomas (DJ #53) on the field.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would rooting for a meteor strike be inappropriate?

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Potato Salad and I hate Potato Salad

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care who wins. I just want one team to lose on a call worse than the Saints. I'm rooting for these guys:

peter-morelli_9xirb9yuhab414ihzhobs2b97.jpg

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they both lose

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone but Bill O’Brien.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a wild guess who I voted for.
Yup, I'm a proud homer

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this years SB will feature the most pass interference calls in the history of the game. That's the way the NFL will "fix" last weeks game.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough call.

On the one hand we have the Pats who have a rich tradition of cheating. Illegally listening in on play calls, deflating footballs.... and it's so hard to support that shit. At least 1 SB win was directly from this crap. On the other hand, I love watching veteran QB's produce last minute dries and Brady did it twice last Sunday. How does one root against that? Also, they are an aged veteran team limping along into the SB on smarts and execution. I have to say they are inspiring right now.

On the other hand we have the young, upstart Rams. Classic underdogs with guts. Maybe it's just me, but I like seeing teams this 'new' learn to appreciate the moment more with a loss and then climb that mountain again for a win just so you know how special this really is. Then again, one has to love their enthusiasm. Like watching kids having fun. Another strike against them is that they, legitimately, lost to New Orleans. To be sure, it was the refs who gave them the game and they haven't gloated about it, but they still lost and don't deserve this opportunity.

I will do something I never thought I would do and take the Pats.