• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The official unofficial GM's Free Agency forecast.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so with the increase in the cap, the Rams had approximately 10.5 million over the cap to spend.
Now add to that Finnegan being released, and we are now at 14.5 million over.

I propose that the Rams release Dahl and Langford, thus adding 8.15 million in cap space with nearly ZERO dead money. Add to that the fact that Finnegan will inevitably get 2-3 million from someone and we have some serious space to work with.

There are a TON of ways you can go, but this is just one mans opinion on how to break that down to help the team: (and please note, my contracts might be off dollar wise, but if we can make these work, I think it will benefit the Rams)

First, bring back Saffold at approximately 7 million per (maybe a 2 year deal)
Second, I think it is pretty obvious Fisher wants Alturron Verner. I think 8 millon per might do it.
Next, make the Seahags pay for letting Red Bryant go.. 4 million per for 2 years, maybe 3
Then we bring in O line depth by signing Michael Oher to a one year deal for approx 1.5 million and the same for Jon Asamoah. That gives us an extra OT and an extra OG

I thought for a while about taking a shot at Hakeem Nicks on a one year deal, and they might still do that if there are other cuts made (Wells?? Pead??)

So with those deals, imagine a D line for week 1 of Long,Bryant,Brockers,Quinn??

or imagine an O line of Long,Saffold,Jones/Barnes/Wells,Asamoah,Oher??

or imagine moving Trumaine Johnson to safety and starting Jenkins,Johnson,McDonald,Verner???

Granted I am not sure if Snead will be THIS agressive, but cutting Finnegan shows me that they are working to really improve this team.

:10:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This question gets asked a lot; where do the rookie contracts figure in to the cap limits?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this on B/r but agree with it regarding Saffold.

The Rams need to stick to their guns when it comes to retaining in-house free agent Rodger Saffold.

The team needs to come out and state what it's willing to pay him. If his camp feels the offer is below market value, then so be it. Let him walk. Do not make a counter-offer or overpay.

The Rams were able to recover from letting Steven Jackson and Danny Amendola walk a year ago, so surely they can overcome the loss of an injury-prone lineman who struggles to stay on the field.

No offense to Saffold, but that's just the reality of the situation.

Of all the young, talented players the Rams must retain on a second contract (Michael Brockers, Robert Quinn, Janoris Jenkins, Sam Bradford, etc.), Saffold is far down the list.

So if he is asking for the moon, let him walk. Save that contract for other players...whom the Rams actually have to retain.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This question gets asked a lot; where do the rookie contracts figure in to the cap limits?

Essentially the rookie contracts figure in based on the people who are cut to make room for them, so in most cases it becomes a wash. Like for example, although Fisher states he wants to keep him, Wells may be the guy let go to cover the first rounders salaries..