• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Coots and Gee actually throwing checks last night and Coots in a couple of shoving matches. Hack must've put steroids in there water bottles.

Well, I hope this team is coming to the realization that you can't just take nights off in the Nhl anymore and expect to just win on talent or skill alone. Every team is just too damn good for that. If you don't put in the effort (second and third too), you get eaten alive on a nightly basis. I think that's why we've seen such a huge swing in the success of teams after they fire a head coach that the players had given up on. Suddenly, they have to put the effort in or they will take 100% of the blame. So, almost magically, they start winning games.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay here's a trade I'd be on board for. Gee to St.Louis for Shattenkirk and a second round pick.

That's great and all, but then who is our top line center? It's easy to kick G while he's down, but I like what I saw out of him last night. And also, if we trade him and don't have some kind of legit replacement, that's a giant hole in our roster.

Quite frankly, if I am St. Louis, I would take that deal.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furthermore, that's a bit of an imaginary deal anyway because the cap numbers don't match and St. Louis would need to shed more salary, but Shattenkirk is also a soon to be UFA, so it would have to be a sign and trade deal.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great and all, but then who is our top line center? It's easy to kick G while he's down, but I like what I saw out of him last night. And also, if we trade him and don't have some kind of legit replacement, that's a giant hole in our roster.

Quite frankly, if I am St. Louis, I would take that deal.

I'm not kicking him while he's down. I love Gee but we need to shore up some defensive positions and I think by the time all the pieces finally fall into place he may be a bit too old. At this point if we could get a real good return I'd say do a deal. Doesn't necessarily have to be the one I mentioned.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not kicking him while he's down. I love Gee but we need to shore up some defensive positions and I think by the time all the pieces finally fall into place he may be a bit too old. At this point if we could get a real good return I'd say do a deal. Doesn't necessarily have to be the one I mentioned.
Personally i think if we were going to trade Gee i wouldn't mind getting Stamkos back in the trade. I think someone mentioned that earlier this week and i would do that immediately.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just can't do it. I love Giroux and he's only just turned 29. I'm not yet ready to say that we absolutely cannot win a Cup with him. He is as competitive as any player in the game and I want that in a captain. To me, that also means his production will soon come around. When that happens, nobody will be talking about trading him.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raffl 50 games 11 points cmon man you are better than that. This is one of the players i expected to get better and he has regressed.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Coots and Gee actually throwing checks last night and Coots in a couple of shoving matches. Hack must've put steroids in there water bottles.

Wouldn't hurt!!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't do it. I love Giroux and he's only just turned 29. I'm not yet ready to say that we absolutely cannot win a Cup with him. He is as competitive as any player in the game and I want that in a captain. To me, that also means his production will soon come around. When that happens, nobody will be talking about trading him.

I think he's hurt again and not saying anything.
He was beat up pretty bad last year and said nothing, granted he was a little more productive last year but......

Just a thought.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's hurt again and not saying anything.
He was beat up pretty bad last year and said nothing, granted he was a little more productive last year but......

Just a thought.

Possibly. He wouldn't say anything this time around either or make excuses. For the better or for the worse, that's just the kind of captain that he is. I think that he was pulling on the rope as hard as anyone last night and that will serve the team well moving forward.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally i think if we were going to trade Gee i wouldn't mind getting Stamkos back in the trade. I think someone mentioned that earlier this week and i would do that immediately.

That would be awesome. Didn't Stamkos just sign a big deal last year?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be awesome. Didn't Stamkos just sign a big deal last year?
I thought i read on here that the rumor was Stamkos and Bishop for Gee and Mason. Im pretty sure that was just a rumor though . I just looked up Stamkos has only an 8.5 cap hit through 2023.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly. He wouldn't say anything this time around either or make excuses. For the better or for the worse, that's just the kind of captain that he is. I think that he was pulling on the rope as hard as anyone last night and that will serve the team well moving forward.
Hopefully Gee didnt use up all his energy last night we have to get 2 points vs Pitt.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Gee didnt use up all his energy last night we have to get 2 points vs Pitt.

I mean shit. If our team can't put forth the effort this Saturday night, outdoors, against Pittsburgh...then we might as well blow it up and start over fresh. I'm not there yet though...Lol

Quite frankly, trading away your highest dollar player and captain all in one is sort of blowing up the team.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m not opposed to moving G, though i wouldn't seek it out. I'm far more concerned about the forwards, centers in particular, moving forward than i am the defense. the defense is going to be just fine, and by just fine i mean top 5 in the NHL, when it's

Provorov-Myers
Sanheim-Morin
Ghost-Hagg

Or something close to that. I have no need for Shattenkirk or any other big name dman if i'm Hextall.

If you're thinking about trading G, i want someone like Clayton Keller coming back. Very high end center prospect with the potential to be a #1 C in the relatively near future.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m not opposed to moving G, though i wouldn't seek it out. I'm far more concerned about the forwards, centers in particular, moving forward than i am the defense. the defense is going to be just fine, and by just fine i mean top 5 in the NHL, when it's

Provorov-Myers
Sanheim-Morin
Ghost-Hagg

Or something close to that. I have no need for Shattenkirk or any other big name dman if i'm Hextall.

If you're thinking about trading G, i want someone like Clayton Keller coming back. Very high end center prospect with the potential to be a #1 C in the relatively near future.

I have to agree. All we need to do with our defense is wait a couple of seasons and let expiring contracts expire...Lol So, in essence, nothing.

If you're trading Giroux, you have to be doing it to get much younger and faster at more than one position. Get some prospects that we project to be 1C and 1W. Yes, you're flipping the switch to full-on rebuilding mode, but that's the only way to do it, in my opinion.

And yes, don't seek it out either, but if it falls into our lap perfectly, so be it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Provorov-Myers
Sanheim-Morin
Ghost-Hagg

Why would someone trade a young potential number 1 center for a fading number 2 center who makes 8.5 million per?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stamkos isn't a "Stone Cold Lead Pipe Lock" anymore either. His production has declined over the last few years and he remains quite possibly out for the season (and playoffs) with yet another serious knee injury.

Yes, he's slightly younger than Giroux and absolutely a world class sniper, but his durability is a bit of a question mark too.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stamkos isn't a "Stone Cold Lead Pipe Lock" anymore either. His production has declined over the last few years and he remains quite possibly out for the season (and playoffs) with yet another serious knee injury.

Yes, he's slightly younger than Giroux and absolutely a world class sniper, but his durability is a bit of a question mark too.
This is all true and im sure that trade was just a rumor but i would take Stankos at this point in his career as we desperately need a sniper.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would someone trade a young potential number 1 center for a fading number 2 center who makes 8.5 million per?

If they had enough cap room and were perceived to be just one piece away from winning lots of Cups, I think Giroux would be enticing. They don't have the time to wait on that prospect like we do.

I don't think it's fair to say Giroux is "fading" or "number 2" yet either. That's a bit harsh.