• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad game. The Caps just score goals a lot easier than we do because of their high level of talent and skill all over the ice. That and the fact that our guys still aren't confident yet in the goal scoring department.
i noticed a lot of chances to shoot were passed up for passes that were just broken up. Yea lack of confidence for sure.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we carried a lot of the play in this game. Just very unfortunate. If our first goal was disallowed, then their fourth goal should've been too. I believe OV made contact with Neuvy. The second goal by Kuznetsov was a very lucky bounce. The elbowing penalty on Couturier, which I believe led to their second goal, was a joke.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say in the article where is says 5' 11" and 180 pounds might be generous estimates.....

Ghost is no way in hell 5' 11" and not a chance he's 180....not even soaking wet is he 180 :lol:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, I would like to see him hit the gym this off season and put on some size. The days of ultra huge D-men is gone it's a much faster game and you need good skaters, Hell if he can't cut it back there than yea, I'd be in favor of a forward spot.

He could no doubt use to bulk up a bit, it wouldn't hurt.

And if you look at the Twin Towers, Sanheim and Morin.....a couple a huge dudes coming up soon along with all the other D-men on the Phantoms....it could be a good move for Ghost.

IMO

:suds:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, i wouldn't move him to forward. He's a dman and has always been a dman. His value is in a big shot from the point, deceptive passing from the point, and speed from the point. Moving him to forward eliminates most of his best characteristics. Not to mention he'd get mauled on the wings, assuming that's where you'd try to move him.

But mostly, it's not his position, he probably has no idea how to play forward at a professional level. They tried it with Brent Burns, who actually has the size to play wing, and it was a failed experiment. Now he's back on D. The positions are far too different.

Also, I don't know that bulking up is the answer for Ghost. His speed is critical to his game. If he bulks up he'll lose some of that speed and just take more hits.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quite frankly, I'm not even going to take the time to read the article. It's silly to even consider. Ideally, he is a defender who is highly mobile and can pretty much be anywhere on the ice at any given moment. He is showing his ability to make people miss when he has the puck right now and also pinch when necessary. His shot is just getting blocked too often or not quite on target yet, but he's getting closer to where he was last season.

Also, he is showing us his ability to recover quickly defensively with his skating or stick check people before he gets beat clean.

Mainly, he is showing us his passing ability at long and short range or puck moving ability. He has some pretty damn good vision when he uses it. Also, his quickness and maneuverability with and without the puck are elite level.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad game. The Caps just score goals a lot easier than we do because of their high level of talent and skill all over the ice. That and the fact that our guys still aren't confident yet in the goal scoring department.
The high level of skill on most teams forwards beats our skill at forward on most nights except for Jake.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This call was total BS he skated right into Coots bent elbow.

And then I believe they scored a goal on the ensuing power play, which really put us in a hole, especially knowing that we haven't been able to score as of late. I'm sorry, but that's a terrible break for us. If anything, the ref could've called a dive on the guy who took the "elbow."

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, I would like to see him hit the gym this off season and put on some size. The days of ultra huge D-men is gone it's a much faster game and you need good skaters, Hell if he can't cut it back there than yea, I'd be in favor of a forward spot.
I like his speed back there if he puts on a little size and gets back to shooting the puck on net hell be fine.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then I believe they scored a goal on the ensuing power play, which really put us in a hole, especially knowing that we haven't been able to score as of late. I'm sorry, but that's a terrible break for us. If anything, the ref could've called a dive on the guy who took the "elbow."
When its going bad things like this happen to us. I thought we played well last night and if we put that hustle into every game we will win more games going down the stretch.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When its going bad things like this happen to us. I thought we played well last night and if we put that hustle into every game we will win more games going down the stretch.

Absolutely. We're going to win way more often with that effort. So, in a sense, we've sort of turned a corner, despite the loss. We shall see, but I certainly don't expect to lay an egg against Pitt outdoors and then we'll have some easier games down the stretch.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth, the Oilers and Ducks sure helped us out last night. We obviously need to start winning, but we're not out of this thing just yet.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, i wouldn't move him to forward. He's a dman and has always been a dman. His value is in a big shot from the point, deceptive passing from the point, and speed from the point. Moving him to forward eliminates most of his best characteristics. Not to mention he'd get mauled on the wings, assuming that's where you'd try to move him.

But mostly, it's not his position, he probably has no idea how to play forward at a professional level. They tried it with Brent Burns, who actually has the size to play wing, and it was a failed experiment. Now he's back on D. The positions are far too different.

Also, I don't know that bulking up is the answer for Ghost. His speed is critical to his game. If he bulks up he'll lose some of that speed and just take more hits.

Quite frankly, I'm not even going to take the time to read the article. It's silly to even consider. Ideally, he is a defender who is highly mobile and can pretty much be anywhere on the ice at any given moment. He is showing his ability to make people miss when he has the puck right now and also pinch when necessary. His shot is just getting blocked too often or not quite on target yet, but he's getting closer to where he was last season.

Also, he is showing us his ability to recover quickly defensively with his skating or stick check people before he gets beat clean.

Mainly, he is showing us his passing ability at long and short range or puck moving ability. He has some pretty damn good vision when he uses it. Also, his quickness and maneuverability with and without the puck are elite level.

Our forwards have played so bad that people are writing articles to move defensemen up. That's how bad it has gotten.

I see where y'all are coming from....and understand.
Probably wouldn't be an easy convert for him at this stage anyway.
Appreciate the input!!!!

:suds:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Coots and Gee actually throwing checks last night and Coots in a couple of shoving matches. Hack must've put steroids in there water bottles.