• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I am saying that younger guys like Couturier and Schenn can and will be better. It's just a matter of when. We know Giroux can be better. I seriously doubt that he's already slowing down after only what amounts to 8 full seasons in the league. This dude only just turned 29.
This is Couts 6th full season in the league how long do we have to wait for him to get better?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Couts 6th full season in the league how long do we have to wait for him to get better?

Based on what he's been able to do in the past and that he only just turned 24, I would definitely give him more time.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just last season, Couturier had 39 points in only 63 games and was 8th overall in Selke voting. I'm pretty sure that his corsi and faceoff numbers this season are the best he's ever had also.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think after last season when we made the playoffs and weren't supposed to, this year kind of feels like a regression of sorts, I think that's why everyone finds some of these loses completely baffling,

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just last season, Couturier had 39 points in only 63 games and was 8th overall in Selke voting. I'm pretty sure that his corsi and faceoff numbers this season are the best he's ever had also.
2 problems with his 39 points last season.He is supposed to be a number 2 center and that is not enough and he gets hurt often enough where 63 games may be what we should expect from him. I dont really need analytics on him as i watch him every game he plays and he is a total under achiever so far in his career. I dont see any reason why that would change so suddenly. I know you watch him also every game so i will go with you on this and give him more time but if he is traded i wouldn't worry to much about it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill take Couts to score first tonight as he actually moved his feet last game so maybe he does it again playing with Jake. For you Mav.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think after last season when we made the playoffs and weren't supposed to, this year kind of feels like a regression of sorts, I think that's why everyone finds some of these loses completely baffling,
This is 100% correct but since we did make the playoffs and had a solid performance once we got there i expected an upswing this season.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is 100% correct but since we did make the playoffs and had a solid performance once we got there i expected an upswing this season.

Me too, it's just that there is no level of consistency like last year, also someone needs to break out offensively like last year or we are going to lose a lot of close games. IDK maybe once the dead weight is gone and younger hungrier faces emerge we may see a whole different team for the bette

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too, it's just that there is no level of consistency like last year, also someone needs to break out offensively like last year or we are going to lose a lot of close games. IDK maybe once the dead weight is gone and younger hungrier faces emerge we may see a whole different team for the bette

I do think the team can really utilize another injection of youth (much like Konecny and Provorov) that is hungry, untainted and come more from a winning culture. That winning I am speaking of is via our Ahl Phantoms.

Idk what to expect moving forward. Ghost seems to think that we will be ready tonight and up for the challenge against our division rivals in the remaining games this season. We shall see.

I say just go all out offensively and play to our strengths. At least if we lose, we've scored some goals and put everything we had into it. Pinch our defense whenever possible and get aggressive. We really don't have much to lose here. Guys like Ghost, Provorov, MDZ and even Streit like to get involved offensively. Let them do what they do.

It's obviously really frustrating to keep getting shut out or lose games 1-3, 1-4 and 1-5, especially when we know we have had one of the highest scoring defenses in the Nhl throughout the majority of this season.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think the team can really utilize another injection of youth (much like Konecny and Provorov) that is hungry, untainted and come more from a winning culture. That winning I am speaking of is via our Ahl Phantoms.

Idk what to expect moving forward. Ghost seems to think that we will be ready tonight and up for the challenge against our division rivals in the remaining games this season. We shall see.

I say just go all out offensively and play to our strengths. At least if we lose, we've scored some goals and put everything we had into it. Pinch our defense whenever possible and get aggressive. We really don't have much to lose here. Guys like Ghost, Provorov, MDZ and even Streit like to get involved offensively. Let them do what they do.

It's obviously really frustrating to keep getting shut out or lose games 1-3, 1-4 and 1-5, especially when we know we have had one of the highest scoring defenses in the Nhl throughout the majority of this season.
I am in total agreement with this style of play. If we are going to lose lets at least make it exciting.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree
Damn the torpedos
Fuck Hakstols" system.
Hakstol-"Guys,what the fuck are you doing,that's not my system!"
Players-"Uh,sorry coach,we have temporary brain farts,not the permanent kind like you."

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're seeing a pretty aggressive, fast style tonight out of our boys. Let's see if it continues.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice to see Weise finally doing something and having some jump, but he gets a hand on the goalie to disallow our goal and then gets beat on the play in which Backstrom scores. Really frustrating.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hakstol pretty fired up on this elbowing call. I don't blame him. The guy literally ran himself into Couturier's elbow.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really played a pretty solid first period, but the Caps make two world class, pinpoint shots that none of our guys have enough confidence and/or skill to make and it's 0-2.

No need to mail it in here. Just keep pushing and battling. We are probably due a couple of power plays.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad game. The Caps just score goals a lot easier than we do because of their high level of talent and skill all over the ice. That and the fact that our guys still aren't confident yet in the goal scoring department.