• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2017 Chicago White Sox Thread

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a funny team. They seem to really enjoy looking like a competitive major league ball club for two weeks at a time, and a quadruple A club for two weeks before restarting the same interval.

Shields back tomorrow. Rodon getting shelled in his attempt at a rehab in Charlotte. Yikes... :L

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a funny team. They seem to really enjoy looking like a competitive major league ball club for two weeks at a time, and a quadruple A club for two weeks before restarting the same interval.

Shields back tomorrow. Rodon getting shelled in his attempt at a rehab in Charlotte. Yikes... :L

Yeah it's hard to know how to feel about this team. It's supposed to be a rebuilding year, but with the bullpen and Garcia and others doing well they are almost competitive. But it would be better to keep going with the rebuild.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's hard to know how to feel about this team. It's supposed to be a rebuilding year, but with the bullpen and Garcia and others doing well they are almost competitive. But it would be better to keep going with the rebuild.

Yeah, they're selling no matter what. As they should.

Q has interest from Texas and Houston. Probably others as well. If Shields has a few more good outings, we'll likely get phone calls for him as well. No sense in him sticking around, given his age.

Frazier seems like a good fit for Boston, IMO. They really just need a third baseman, and they're prime for a run. In that park, he could be pretty productive. Have to think we'll take calls for Melky, and definitely D-Rob.

We probably should for Abreu as well, but my gut says we won't.

On another note, we really let a win slip away today. Pissed me off.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they're selling no matter what. As they should.

Q has interest from Texas and Houston. Probably others as well. If Shields has a few more good outings, we'll likely get phone calls for him as well. No sense in him sticking around, given his age.

Frazier seems like a good fit for Boston, IMO. They really just need a third baseman, and they're prime for a run. In that park, he could be pretty productive. Have to think we'll take calls for Melky, and definitely D-Rob.

We probably should for Abreu as well, but my gut says we won't.

On another note, we really let a win slip away today. Pissed me off.

At least the Sox and Sox fans knew they would be rebuilding this year. The Giants thought they were actually going to get a wild card slot LOL

Every year a couple of teams are unexpectedly bad, and a couple are unexpectedly good.

The bad this year are the Giants for sure, maybe the Blue Jays, and I guess the Cubs (still time for them they are only at .500).

The unexpected good teams are the Twins (so far, could still fade), Rockies, Dbacks and Brewers

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the Sox and Sox fans knew they would be rebuilding this year. The Giants thought they were actually going to get a wild card slot LOL

Every year a couple of teams are unexpectedly bad, and a couple are unexpectedly good.

The bad this year are the Giants for sure, maybe the Blue Jays, and I guess the Cubs (still time for them they are only at .500).

The unexpected good teams are the Twins (so far, could still fade), Rockies, Dbacks and Brewers

I think the Twins slow tail spin back down to Earth began this weekend, they got straight up hammered by Cleveland 4 straight. I also think Cleveland is probably about to take off.

The Cubs will be fine, because their lineup is too talented to keep hitting .235 as a team. Their pitching problems seem real, and will undoubtedly keep them from defending their title. However, that division is probably the worst in baseball. They're only a couple games back. When it comes time, they'll clamp down, win 85-86 games and make the post-season. However, I think it will be a quick exit when they do.

The D'Backs weren't supposed to be this good, but I knew they had a dangerous lineup. Robbie Ray turning into a legitimate ace to compliment Greinke has made them legit.

This season seems to be all about the hitting. Which is odd, due to the young pitching in the game being all that's been talked about for a few years.

The post-season should be fun. Yankees, Red Sox, Houston, Washington, Colorado, Cubs and D'Backs. Some stacked lineups and real hitters ball parks they'll be playing in as well.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are still a very flawed team. However they are fun to watch at times and for the first time in a while have some young and talented guys both in the bigs and in the minors.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are still a very flawed team. However they are fun to watch at times and for the first time in a while have some young and talented guys both in the bigs and in the minors.

And with Frazier, D-Rob, Quintana, Shields... etc... to be on the trade block here soon, there should be some more.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quintana with just a phenomenal outing today. Two good performances in a row, versus decent offenses as well.

Perfect timing for Frazier and Q to be getting it together, as we head towards the deadline here in 6 weeks.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Q's value is definitely on the rise. Three straight games allowing 3 runs or less and the timing couldn't be better. Frazier still has a ways to go for his value to truly rebound but he has to go to Boston, right? That just seems like a perfect fit...
Same with Robertson to Washington.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Q's value is definitely on the rise. Three straight games allowing 3 runs or less and the timing couldn't be better. Frazier still has a ways to go for his value to truly rebound but he has to go to Boston, right? That just seems like a perfect fit...
Same with Robertson to Washington.

Yeah, I'm not sure what they have remaining prospect-wise, since we already took a big haul from WSH and BOS for Eaton/Sale. However, yes... Frazier to Boston seems too perfect, and he's almost back on a pace for 30 HR's. His swing/approach actually seems somewhat logical in Fenway. Everybody knows D-Rob is good... I'm not worried about getting offers for him.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
big sigh of relief here. looks like he's back to form. unfortunately his penchant for only going 6 innings seems back too. i'll take it anyway.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
big sigh of relief here. looks like he's back to form. unfortunately his penchant for only going 6 innings seems back too. i'll take it anyway.

Yeah, he looks good recently and his numbers should normalize soon if he keeps it up. There's definitely interest out there for him if he keeps this up.

Have a feeling Rodon gets beat up tonight.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he looks good recently and his numbers should normalize soon if he keeps it up. There's definitely interest out there for him if he keeps this up.

Have a feeling Rodon gets beat up tonight.

i believe so. as long as he is pain-free afterward and gets some decent innings in i'm ok with that.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was a nice surprise. he threw quite well. now if he can just sustain. i didn't read anything about how he felt after tho.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was a nice surprise. he threw quite well. now if he can just sustain. i didn't read anything about how he felt after tho.

He threw fine. 0 ER is good... but the 6 BB to 2 K's is very bad. However, I suppose I can't be too hard on his command being a bit off in his first start back.

I'm sure we'll keep him under 100 pitches his first few outings. He really needs to make some strides this year...

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jose Abreu is on fire with extra base hits. He destroyed the Yankees in that series

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodon tonight: 6.1 IP 4 H 2 R 2 ER 3 BB 10 K's

Possibly the best sight of the season so far, is Rodon throwing like that. Still some issues with command, but man... This kid can be a stud if he finds some consistency.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's apparent that Q is not right. he had a couple good games but he's reverted again. k's are nice and all but he's throwing too may pitches (like he used to for years and can't get out of the 6th innings) but now he's also not hitting his spots and his era is below league average. why would anyone offer much now for Q? i used to think he was a great chip to trade to help rebuild this team. as of now i think that's gone. i'm ok with holding onto him because he's still young and certainly capable of regaining his previous form but i've followed the game long enough to know it's also possible his best days are behind him.
i think the sox no longer have the ability to strengthen this team thru trade. the vets won't bring much. it's now up to the "system" to develop what they have ..... and honestly, since it's the same people in charge, i don't have a lot of confidence in that.
i really wish the clown that owns this team would sell to someone who understands the game and de-infests the front office.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's apparent that Q is not right. he had a couple good games but he's reverted again. k's are nice and all but he's throwing too may pitches (like he used to for years and can't get out of the 6th innings) but now he's also not hitting his spots and his era is below league average. why would anyone offer much now for Q? i used to think he was a great chip to trade to help rebuild this team. as of now i think that's gone. i'm ok with holding onto him because he's still young and certainly capable of regaining his previous form but i've followed the game long enough to know it's also possible his best days are behind him.
i think the sox no longer have the ability to strengthen this team thru trade. the vets won't bring much. it's now up to the "system" to develop what they have ..... and honestly, since it's the same people in charge, i don't have a lot of confidence in that.
i really wish the clown that owns this team would sell to someone who understands the game and de-infests the front office.

I still think someone like Boston could be a buyer for Frazier. Melky is another possible chip, IMO. Q being moved still wouldn't shock me. Buyers make stupid moves at the deadline out of desperation every year.

Robertson will 100% be moved. IMO. Multiple playoff contenders need closers. Namely Washington.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're about to get no-hit... in Coors Field... by Kyle F'ing Freeland. lol