• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2017 Chicago White Sox Thread

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp Davidson with a huge night after sitting an entire wk for no apparent reason. Will he play tomorrow or the next day? Who knows?

He's up to .368 now. Another home run, and nearly two tonight.

I get what Iddy is saying about May, but it's just not right to keep Davidson out of the lineup anymore. He should be in there everyday until he shows signs that he shouldn't be.

He now leads the team in HR's, RBI's, Slugging and Batting Average.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and how about Miguel Gonzalez and Derrek Holland?

Those two guys have been really great, which is... surprising.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's up to .368 now. Another home run, and nearly two tonight.

I get what Iddy is saying about May, but it's just not right to keep Davidson out of the lineup anymore. He should be in there everyday until he shows signs that he shouldn't be.

He now leads the team in HR's, RBI's, Slugging and Batting Average.

it's not as simple as saying may should sit and davidson should play. will davidson play center?

as long as he's hot i have no problem getting him into the lineup, but he's a 3rd or a first baseman. frankly i'd be all for benching/trading frazier and playing matt there. but i still have no problem with may in center ... for the time being.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and how about Miguel Gonzalez and Derrek Holland?

Those two guys have been really great, which is... surprising.

holland is a nice surprise ... but don't forget latos and the start he had last year.
look, i'm not trying to shoot down ideas really, just trying to keep some perspective. we've just seen too little of everyone at this point to make concrete statements.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's not as simple as saying may should sit and davidson should play. will davidson play center?

as long as he's hot i have no problem getting him into the lineup, but he's a 3rd or a first baseman. frankly i'd be all for benching/trading frazier and playing matt there. but i still have no problem with may in center ... for the time being.

Yeah, I didn't mean the two of their situations were connected to each other. I am fine with May staying out there, AND I think Davidson should play every day. Whether it's DH, 3B or corner outfield.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holland is a nice surprise ... but don't forget latos and the start he had last year.
look, i'm not trying to shoot down ideas really, just trying to keep some perspective. we've just seen too little of everyone at this point to make concrete statements.

I agree. It's a season long thread and I'm simply making observations/conversation as I go.

I don't think there's going to be a lot to cheer about this season. So, I suppose I enjoy mentioning the few positives while we have them.

As I said before, I fully expect a good sized losing streak to be around the corner for us pretty soon. We have a pretty tough 10 days with DET, BAL, DET coming up after KC... could put us underneath .500 for good.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It's a season long thread and I'm simply making observations/conversation as I go.

I don't think there's going to be a lot to cheer about this season. So, I suppose I enjoy mentioning the few positives while we have them.

As I said before, I fully expect a good sized losing streak to be around the corner for us pretty soon. We have a pretty tough 10 days with DET, BAL, DET coming up after KC... could put us underneath .500 for good.

lol well now i'd even take that statement to task (i know ... i'm terrible). i think there WILL be a lot to cheer about this year tho it won't be about the 'team's' success (then again who knows). i will acknowledge the positives on an individual basis. there will be more than one player who will start to look like a major leaguer and i'm curious to know who they will be. maybe avgar will actually become a major league player. anderson has thrown a couple good games together (.333 the last 5 games) ... would love to see him become what we all hope he becomes. sanchez, salad, narvaez, or some rookie brought up mid season .... any of these guys could provide some real positives.
even just having a legit manager is worth being happy about.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol well now i'd even take that statement to task (i know ... i'm terrible). i think there WILL be a lot to cheer about this year tho it won't be about the 'team's' success (then again who knows). i will acknowledge the positives on an individual basis. there will be more than one player who will start to look like a major leaguer and i'm curious to know who they will be. maybe avgar will actually become a major league player. anderson has thrown a couple good games together (.333 the last 5 games) ... would love to see him become what we all hope he becomes. sanchez, salad, narvaez, or some rookie brought up mid season .... any of these guys could provide some real positives.
even just having a legit manager is worth being happy about.

Jeez... lol. You're really on my ass, huh?

We're on the same page man. I've said similar things earlier on in this thread. This season will be a breath of fresh air, in a lot of ways. The last few years has been the most discouraging time to be a White Sox fan in a long time. Things will get especially fun when Moncada, Kopech... etc... come up later on.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeez... lol. You're really on my ass, huh?

We're on the same page man. I've said similar things earlier on in this thread. This season will be a breath of fresh air, in a lot of ways. The last few years has been the most discouraging time to be a White Sox fan in a long time. Things will get especially fun when Moncada, Kopech... etc... come up later on.

no no no i agree we're mostly in agreement. my comments weren't really directed at you initially. some people seemed to be getting bent out of shape and it's just so early.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting Davidson 4 gms and 6 days has me bent out of shape. It is plain stupid. Asche getting major league at bats is a total joke and it is obvious that May has no business up at this level. Do I think this team is going places? Hell no but baseball is a weird gm. You play to compete this early in the season.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, KC is really spiraling, huh?

Leury and Avi stay hot.

Maybe Quintana can finally get it together today.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course!

Abreu finally gets going with two doubles. Then falls down fielding a ground ball (shocker) and pulls a groin. Leaves the game.

Damnit...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avi, big knock... again.

Closing in on a sweep.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports on Abreu: Mild Hip-Flexor Strain

Day-to-Day

Maybe he'll miss a game or two, but it does not look like a big deal. Off day tomorrow as well.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_mnn4fdJ5DM1qfgi90o1_400.gif

Sweep! First of the year, and against my least favorite ball club!

Tied for 1st if Detroit loses tonight. A month ago, if you would have told me we'd be 11-9 after 20 games... I'd have been quite pleased. Good to see the boys out there finding ways to win right now.

:suds:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I figured we'd lose today with Pelfrey throwing, but I thought maybe he'd make it out of the 1st. Christ.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pleasantly surprised to see Pelfrey settle in and have a decent outing.

The timely hitting continues, as we keep finding ways for the time being. Holland and Gonzalez the next two days as well. Our two best pitchers! lol

All alone in first place after a Cleveland loss as well. I know this is bound to come to screeching halt at some point... but for now... Let's keep it rolling :suds:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning games in their division. It has been awhile

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning games in their division. It has been awhile

It seems like we could throw anyone out there on the mound for us right now, and they'd give us a chance to win. Q, Shields, Gonzalez, Holland, Rodon... is it possible that once we're healthy, we actually have a formidable rotation? The bullpen too... everyone seems to be contributing and getting the job done.

I shouldn't even say anything. *Knocks on wood*

Still think we come back to earth here soon, but for now, I am having some fun.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More clutch hitting when we needed it. We finally grab a series in that building.

Can we complete back-to-back sweeps of divisional opponents? That'd really be something, considering how poor we've been vs the Central in recent years.

vWQoP4.gif