• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2017 Chicago White Sox Thread

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the trading continues...

Dan Jennings traded to the Rays or 1B Casey Gillaspie

Connor Gillaspie's younger brother.

Led the Rays farm system in home runs last season.

Still waiting on Melky news... :hope:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy stat I heard today. Griffey is the only first overall draft pick in the hall of fame. I'll still take it. Looks like a battle between the giants, Phillies, and sox.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy stat I heard today. Griffey is the only first overall draft pick in the hall of fame. I'll still take it. Looks like a battle between the giants, Phillies, and sox.

Not that I didn't expect it after the fire-sale, but this team is utterly horrendous right now.

We could lose 100 games. We'll at least finish with a top 3 pick.

And Bryce Harper looks primed to be added next to Griffey on that list...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Burger with an OPS over .1000 so far, down in A-ball with Kannapolis. He's a big boy.

Oh, and apparently Melky has no market, Holland pitched his way out of having value last night and we are EASILY the worst team in baseball. Like, it's not even close. lol

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Burger with an OPS over .1000 so far, down in A-ball with Kannapolis. He's a big boy.

Oh, and apparently Melky has no market, Holland pitched his way out of having value last night and we are EASILY the worst team in baseball. Like, it's not even close. lol

The Giants say hi.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants say hi.

Zero chance dude. Come on... lol. It's not even close. The Giants are head and shoulders better. Bum and even Shark are better than any pitcher in this gas can rotation. Possibly even Blach as well. We don't have a single reliever with a major league save, much less a guy like Strickland. We have maybe two bats in Abreu and Melky that currently belong in an every day lineup for a contender. The Giants have 4-5 of those.

The White Sox are head-and-shoulders worse than Philly or SF.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero chance dude. Come on... lol. It's not even close. The Giants are head and shoulders better. Bum and even Shark are better than any pitcher in this gas can rotation. Possibly even Blach as well. We don't have a single reliever with a major league save, much less a guy like Strickland. We have maybe two bats in Abreu and Melky that currently belong in an every day lineup for a contender. The Giants have 4-5 of those.

The White Sox are head-and-shoulders worse than Philly or SF.

Well, you are talking to a Giants fan here. I agree the Sox are very bad but you don't see the Giants. Shark's ERA is around 5, in the NL in a pitchers park. Blach is meh. But I guess after the trades the Sox are indeed worse. They weren't before.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you are talking to a Giants fan here. I agree the Sox are very bad but you don't see the Giants. Shark's ERA is around 5, in the NL in a pitchers park. Blach is meh. But I guess after the trades the Sox are indeed worse. They weren't before.

I watch all MLB teams man. I'm a Draftkings/Fanduel addict with MLB.TV. lol

And yeah... I mean, after the trades is what I mean. Obviously prior to the break, we were just a little below .500. And Blach being "meh" would make him our best pitcher. lol... or at least battling with Miguel Gonzalez for that title. Holland, Rodon, Pelfrey and Shields are gas cans. Rodon is still young, with upside. However, he's been really bad.

Is there anyone besides Abreu that belongs in an everyday MLB lineup now? After the Melky trade? Davidson may be the closest thing, and I'd only want him as a platoon bat against LHP.

I don't see a pitcher that belongs even in the back end of a decent rotation either... and the bullpen is just a complete joke now. lol. Zero MLB saves between the entire group.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch all MLB teams man. I'm a Draftkings/Fanduel addict with MLB.TV. lol

And yeah... I mean, after the trades is what I mean. Obviously prior to the break, we were just a little below .500. And Blach being "meh" would make him our best pitcher. lol... or at least battling with Miguel Gonzalez for that title. Holland, Rodon, Pelfrey and Shields are gas cans. Rodon is still young, with upside. However, he's been really bad.

Is there anyone besides Abreu that belongs in an everyday MLB lineup now? After the Melky trade? Davidson may be the closest thing, and I'd only want him as a platoon bat against LHP.

I don't see a pitcher that belongs even in the back end of a decent rotation either... and the bullpen is just a complete joke now. lol. Zero MLB saves between the entire group.

OK just looked at the box score. Leurys Garcia is legit, as is Avisail Garcia. And Clippard has a ton of ML saves.

I'm not saying the Sox are good, they are very bad, by design. But the Giants are very bad too. Hard to say who's worse.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice effort to steal our 6th win of the month as it comes to a close. lol

Is there any chance that Davidson will actually turn out to be a legitimate part of our future? The power numbers are fun... He's going to hit 30 homers. However, he strikes out so much, gets so few hits outside of the homers and I tend to think this will all fizzle out.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice effort to steal our 6th win of the month as it comes to a close. lol

Is there any chance that Davidson will actually turn out to be a legitimate part of our future? The power numbers are fun... He's going to hit 30 homers. However, he strikes out so much, gets so few hits outside of the homers and I tend to think this will all fizzle out.
I dont expect him to stick around but you never know when a player will turn a corner. Like I said I dont expect it but if he does it will be a pleasant surprise.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont expect him to stick around but you never know when a player will turn a corner. Like I said I dont expect it but if he does it will be a pleasant surprise.

Yeah, no doubt. I think it's more realistic to think he has a shot to play the short-handed side of a platoon, as a DH or 3B that gets the nod against left-handed pitching. His average and OBP are much better against southpaws, and he strikes out less. I could see a bench role for him if he keeps the power numbers up.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

I'm watching this game in Boston. What a circus we are. I knew things would be bad after the moves we made... but this is unprecedented. I think we may be the worst Major League baseball team of all-time. I'm not even joking. I would not bet money on us to win 10 more games. I think our AAA team has more talent.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an outing by Rodon. 11 K's over 7.2 and 2 ER against a good lineup in Fenway. His second good outing in a row.

The youth doing it all today with the bats too. Moncada 2 hits and a walk. Delmonico 3 more hits and a pair of RBI's.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodon has the stuff...no one can deny that. The issue with him seems to be health and consistency.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodon has the stuff...no one can deny that. The issue with him seems to be health and consistency.

With two dominant outings in a row, it's not a stretch to suggest he's starting to figure some things out. Obviously, we do this with trepidation. However, he looks really good.

I wonder how much it will cost to keep him over the off-season, with his contract being up and all. There were some speculating he could be worth 100 mil, no joke... I read that. We've gotten rid of all of our big money contracts though. If we feel he's worth it, we'll make it happen. He's kind of our baby. We didn't draft him in the first round, and get him all the way to this point, just to let him walk before his career even gets off the ground.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moncada saw the most pitches on the team last night. He went 1-2 with two walks. Only one SO and a RBI.

He is having some growing pains for sure but he has shown more patience than expected based on alot of talk about him.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moncada saw the most pitches on the team last night. He went 1-2 with two walks. Only one SO and a RBI.

He is having some growing pains for sure but he has shown more patience than expected based on alot of talk about him.

He walks an obscene amount, and his average is slowly climbing back to .200. I'm not worried. If he keeps putting these quality AB's together, the hits will come. We know he has the physical tools.

On the other hand, Nicky Delmonico is just on a friggin tear since coming up. 3 for 3 again tonight so far. His average is up to .414.