• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NFL is rigged

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL has officially admitted to 2 games being fixed in its entire history. The latest being a Lions game in 1971. Google it.

I'd read the book "Interference" if you want to see how shady this all really is, though.

I did and came up with nothing. It's your claim. Give me a link.

I'm not suggesting that there has never been a game that's been fixed in the NFL, just that to suggest that it's widespread and the NFL is behind it is ludicrous.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. It's never been called before or since.

It was called just this past weekend in one of the games. Shin down = down by contact. I don't recall the game or incident off the top of my head. I'm sure someone here remembers it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. It's never been called before or since.

It's the rule. It has been called countless times both before and since. If pretty much anything but the hands or feet hit (leg, knee, hip, elbow, forearm, shin, ankle), you are down.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did and came up with nothing. It's your claim. Give me a link.

I'm not suggesting that there has never been a game that's been fixed in the NFL, just that to suggest that it's widespread and the NFL is behind it is ludicrous.

It's in Tuohy's first book "The Fix is In." You may be able to read that for free online.

the NFL is good at quashing things, though. They remove youtube vids all the time, for instance.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your particular level of stupid is pretty impressive.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's in Tuohy's first book "The Fix is In." You may be able to read that for free online.

the NFL is good at quashing things, though. They remove youtube vids all the time, for instance.

So you claim that the NFL has "officially admitted" to 2 games being fixed but the only place I can obtain that information is from some joker's book called "The Fix Is In" ? :lol: Yeah, ok.

YouTube vids get pulled all the time for licensing and patent reasons. But I guess that's part of your grand conspiracy though huh ?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By whom and how ? Supply an example scenario.

The jury is still out depending upon how you answer the question.

you cherry picked part of my quote and left out the parts where we actually sort of agree. I guess because that part is obsolete, but you seem to agree that at least 1 NFL game has been rigged since the merger, so not sure what your problem is, except for the ones who believe perhaps 25% or more are rigged, which I don't agree with either. Obviously, I can't prove something I don't believe to be true. :noidea:

I've watched enough football games. to know. I'm pretty sure the time the Bengals missed the extra point had to do with some powers that be (NFL maybe, or whoever) not wanting a team stocked full of criminals to be in the playoffs or go to the superbowl.

not much I can link to it, but it happened:
Broncos 24, Bengals 23 - NFL Videos (2007)
Brad St. Louis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (2006) documents a Bad snap that cost the Bengals playoffs in 2006.

Sure, extra points get missed every so often, but the most important extra point of your life? Was the game rigged? hell, I don't know. But to say it definitely (with 100% certainty) wasn't insults my intelligence. I believe some games have been rigged, it's obvious that the Bengals luck isn't that bad because there is no such thing as luck. If you believe no NFL game ever is rigged in recent history, then you are a believer in luck, you might as well mark yourself with the people who believe God intervenes for Tim Tebow.

No one leaves a multi billion dollar business completely up to chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you claim that the NFL has "officially admitted" to 2 games being fixed but the only place I can obtain that information is from some joker's book called "The Fix Is In" ? :lol: Yeah, ok.

YouTube vids get pulled all the time for licensing and patent reasons. But I guess that's part of your grand conspiracy though huh ?

They get pulled under that guise, yes. Not all of them do, though. Why are some cherry picked?

MrFreeze

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is some good, dumb reading if bored.

A league that is comprised of 10s of 1000's of Ex and Current Players, practice Squad members, Officials, Waterboys, Staff, Coaches, Trainers, Grounds Crew, Equipment Managers, Trainers, Drs, Vendors, ect....

Have all taken an Oath of Silence that has survived without a slip up for 50 years. They have trained all their cogs to fake the perfect 'missed block' and the ideal timed 'Fake Fumble' or 'Caught TD'

Next you'll tell us that Junior Seau, Chris Henry, and Derrick Thomas were all about to talk, so there was a hit put out on them. I bet you think 9/11 and World Wars were a Gov. Conspiracy, as well.

What a bunch of poor fools. Sad reflection of society and how stupid ppl are.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is suggesting that it is WWF Wrestling, but to think that these leagues are some harbinger of light, impenetrable to corruption is silly.

And if you don't think the odds of corruption grow parallel to the league itself, then you are ignoring the massive pull that money has.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is suggesting that it is WWF Wrestling, but to think that these leagues are some harbinger of light, impenetrable to corruption is silly.

And if you don't think the odds of corruption grow parallel to the league itself, then you are ignoring the massive pull that money has.

Anytime you have the amount of money that is at stake...things are going to get "worked".

Are all games, every game rigged?

No.

Are there probably some under handed dealings that try and sway certain teams staying on top, pushing revenue, TV, and AD sales?

Yeah. I think so. I think that happens in every sport to a small degree.

If this happens in real life, in just about every single business from wall-street to D.C., and sports is simply a microcosm of society, it is naive to think that it, at least, doesn't happen on some level in sports.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A league that is comprised of 10s of 1000's of Ex and Current Players, practice Squad members, Officials, Waterboys, Staff, Coaches, Trainers, Grounds Crew, Equipment Managers, Trainers, Drs, Vendors, ect....

Have all taken an Oath of Silence that has survived without a slip up for 50 years. They have trained all their cogs to fake the perfect 'missed block' and the ideal timed 'Fake Fumble' or 'Caught TD'

Next you'll tell us that Junior Seau, Chris Henry, and Derrick Thomas were all about to talk, so there was a hit put out on them. I bet you think 9/11 and World Wars were a Gov. Conspiracy, as well.

Ever heard of the Gulf of Tonkin incident? The one that got us into Vietnam?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the #1 misconception regarding what it takes to rig/fix/shave a game. I'll let Tuohy's own words speak for me.....copy and pasted from another discussion...

That's probably the biggest misconception surrounding this issue: you don't need an entire team to fix a game. You could fix a football game with a single player (a QB, a kicker, even an O-lineman) or a ref, same with a basketball game, etc.. NASCAR would take just a few drivers (one, even, if he was willing to crash at the right moment or the right person).

There's no need for everyone to be involved. In fact, the more people involved, the more staged it would be and the less realistic it would look. As a fixer, you'd want to involve a minimal amount of people. This needs to be kept as secret as possible for it to be a success. And that's actually easier than you'd think.

------

I shouldn't have to explain how much control over a game a QB has. That's obvious as he runs the offense and can botch handoffs, throw INTs, or even just overthrow or underthrow passes. He can even audible in and out of plays at will given the situation. You have a crooked QB, you have a thrown game.

For a kicker, he could easily miss (or have blocked) any field goal attempt, as well as shank kick-offs or kick away from coverage (plus he has no responsibility in stopping a kick returner). Granted, that wouldn't ensure a win or a loss, but it would be highly useful in shaving points.

As for an offensive lineman, he could screw up any and all plays by having a "bad game" - missed assignments, slow pulls, missed blocks, holding penalties, false starts - any of these at the right time would alter a game. If you had control of any starting O-lineman, you'd have control of the game.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched enough football games. to know. I'm pretty sure the time the Bengals missed the extra point had to do with some powers that be (NFL maybe, or whoever) not wanting a team stocked full of criminals to be in the playoffs or go to the superbowl.

not much I can link to it, but it happened:
Broncos 24, Bengals 23 - NFL Videos (2007)
Brad St. Louis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (2006) documents a Bad snap that cost the Bengals playoffs in 2006.

Sure, extra points get missed every so often, but the most important extra point of your life? Was the game rigged? hell, I don't know. But to say it definitely (with 100% certainty) wasn't insults my intelligence

Unfortunately, Brad St Louis is just a terrible long snapper and it's a wonder how he survived so long in the NFL. I promise you, that he was not contacted by Powers that Be in the wee moments of the game, to fuck up the snap on the extra point. For every point you guys make to have a "possibility" of some fixing, there are 10 points in the reverse.

A good example is that Greg Jennings fumble from last season. The Packers were on the verge of getting blown out early....Jennings clearly fumbles. Every replay angle clearly shows this. There's no dispute at all. It's irrefutable....the ref takes a look and comes back and says his ankle was down. His ANKLE? WTF!? The league didn't want a blow out. They want people to watch for a 4 quarters...to see all those commercials.

... ankles ARE part of the leg, it is actually your fibula, which starts at your knee, down is down... and that's enough Packers incidents already!

I shouldn't have to explain how much control over a game a QB has. That's obvious as he runs the offense and can botch handoffs, throw INTs, or even just overthrow or underthrow passes. He can even audible in and out of plays at will given the situation. You have a crooked QB, you have a thrown game.

For a kicker, he could easily miss (or have blocked) any field goal attempt, as well as shank kick-offs or kick away from coverage (plus he has no responsibility in stopping a kick returner). Granted, that wouldn't ensure a win or a loss, but it would be highly useful in shaving points.

As for an offensive lineman, he could screw up any and all plays by having a "bad game" - missed assignments, slow pulls, missed blocks, holding penalties, false starts - any of these at the right time would alter a game. If you had control of any starting O-lineman, you'd have control of the game.

and they would soon be out of a job.. a job that pays lots of monies, for what? a quick payoff? Scott Norwood is infamous for missing the would be winning FG against the Giants in SB25.. I don't think there's enough money in the world for him to have done that on purpose.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, Brad St Louis is just a terrible long snapper and it's a wonder how he survived so long in the NFL. I promise you, that he was not contacted by Powers that Be in the wee moments of the game, to fuck up the snap on the extra point. For every point you guys make to have a "possibility" of some fixing, there are 10 points in the reverse.

... ankles ARE part of the leg, it is actually your fibula, which starts at your knee, down is down... and that's enough Packers incidents already!

and they would soon be out of a job.. a job that pays lots of monies, for what? a quick payoff? Scott Norwood is infamous for missing the would be winning FG against the Giants in SB25.. I don't think there's enough money in the world for him to have done that on purpose.

WRONG. The Bountygate players were attempting to break kneecaps for $1000. The vast majority of these players are not good with their money. Half of them are criminals. That's why they all go bankrupt after their playing days are done.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the last time someone is called down because of an ankle you can get back to me. It's always the knee. It's always been the knee. The refs always say "knee." The announcers say "knee."

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you were to make a player throw a game (which I am sure has happened, just the scale he is implying is laughable), you use more of a carrot / stick option. Do this, you get paid, don't, we release some damning evidence of something, or kill your mom, or whatever. There's plenty of strong motivators to convince someone to fold.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the last time someone is called down because of an ankle you can get back to me. It's always the knee. It's always been the knee. The refs always say "knee." The announcers say "knee."

You're wrong. I can't imagine how little football you have to have seen to not have seen countless instances of butts, shins, forearms, hips, etc. result in a dead play.

The ankle hitting down without a knee is rare, but the rule is clear.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad St. Louis obviously regressed in his last year.

when you say it's a "wonder" he lasted as long as he did, that implies that you believe in luck, which does not exist. Therefore you are playing into the sheep logic. Also, it's possible that he was given money to make it look like he sucked the last year to the cover tracks. No way was he able to hold it together for so long if he really sucked that bad. it's one of the most obvious examples of rigging/fixing if you're smart enough to see it.