• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the next hc at tennessee will be.....

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apparently they said they would double his salary. I don't want to lose him but if the asking price is $8.4 mill, hell good luck in the SEC

You lose Gundy and Okie jr is back to sharing the basement with KU. Pickens will pay that man whatever he wants and he's worth it......

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah Mr. Mullet....you would think by looking at him and noticing that Okie drawl when he speaks that he knows football, hair gel, how to collar an ornery rattlesnake and that's about it.............

BUT, don't be fooled.

This is one of 3 plays.
1. He wants more money to lose to OU every year from T-Bone.
2. He wants everyone to talk about him, even though he just went 9-3, hopefully to deflect the fact that he's making $4.2mill a year and he just went 9-3.
3. He's looking to retire in 5-10 years and wants to be comfortable.

The fourth and obviously bottom line scenario is that he's sick of getting his dick kicked in every year by those Nompton boiz.
Well he is the 18th highest paid coach and currently ranked 19. Seems like he is paid about right.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he is the 18th highest paid coach and currently ranked 19. Seems like he is paid about right.
How much would it take you, moneywise, to go toe-to-toe with Connor McGregor once a year if you're not Floyd Mayweather?

Every time you step in that ring, not only are you looking at relaxing in a coma for an unknown duration....your reputation will take a hit.

How many times would you do it?

Now I'm not saying the SEC East is a cakewalk every year...hell, Vandy might win the fucker soon. But he is getting ready to lose his best QB ever, his best WR ever, etc.

Lots of shit flying around here....like the middle of a tornader.

I thought for sure after hearing his former coach Pat Jones come out yesterday and state that Mikey was staying put, he had an inside line.

Now it seems that the news of him staying put may have been just thrown out there by Mike's dad or something....not really knowing what his boy had planned.

Maybe his agent is the maestro...idk. :noidea:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much would it take you, moneywise, to go toe-to-toe with Connor McGregor once a year if you're not Floyd Mayweather?

Every time you step in that ring, not only are you looking at relaxing in a coma for an unknown duration....your reputation will take a hit.

How many times would you do it?

Now I'm not saying the SEC East is a cakewalk every year...hell, Vandy might win the fucker soon. But he is getting ready to lose his best QB ever, his best WR ever, etc.

Lots of shit flying around here....like the middle of a tornader.

I thought for sure after hearing his former coach Pat Jones come out yesterday and state that Mikey was staying put, he had an inside line.

Now it seems that the news of him staying put may have been just thrown out there by Mike's dad or something....not really knowing what his boy had planned.

Maybe his agent is the maestro...idk. :noidea:
You’re second point made it sounds like you think he is overpaid. “Deflect from the fact that he is making $4.2 million”. He is about where he should be based on pay. It’s not like he is making 876k per win like some coaches, he is making 467k.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 15 years have seen Okie Jr. make huge progress in their football program. HUGE. Talent, facilities, win/loss record, etc., etc. And they have gone 2-13 against Oklahoma at the same time. I can only imagine how Mike Gundy must feel....especially after his nemesis Bob Stoops retires and then Bob's successor simply picks up where he left off. And what does Gundy have to look forward to against OU? Oklahoma is loaded; nothing is going to change soon. I've seen a lot of people leave good jobs over the years just to get a fresh start someplace else.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lose Gundy and Okie jr is back to sharing the basement with KU. Pickens will pay that man whatever he wants and he's worth it......

I don't disagree. On one hand it would be nice to find someone who can beat the squats. On the other I'd take 9-3/10-2 type seasons over 5-7 with one big upset.

Churchillin

Hoopla Cash
$ 216.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... a person with a very stupid agent.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's throw Herm Edwards into the mix here

what other coaches haven't coached in years could we put in the mix?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t
t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd feel bad for Purdue if they lost Brohm.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's throw Herm Edwards into the mix here

what other coaches haven't coached in years could we put in the mix?

I heard John Madden was interested...

We might even get EA's NCAA Football back....Madden JV.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:sigh:

uMv8m4dl.jpg

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clay Travis. No, wait... he looks too much like Derek Dooley.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooof

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee has been snubbed in favor of Duke and Purdue.

Ouch.