• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NBA rookies Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous.

Still has nothing to do with my original position that the average NBA award voter doesn't have a deep understanding of the game.

So an NBA award voter knows shit, but a few little fellas on this board do? GTFO

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So an NBA award voter knows shit, but a few little fellas on this board do? GTFO

Someone who has played and coached the game at competitive levels knows more than than the average journalist who gets paid to write about it, but never actually played. Honestly, I don't think you know the game well at all based on all your posts, so this is a pretty pointless conversation.

You are just arguing for the sake of arguing. I am done discussing this with you.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone who has played and coached the game at competitive levels knows more than than the average journalist who gets paid to write about it, but never actually played. Honestly, I don't think you know the game well at all based on all your posts, so this is a pretty pointless conversation.

You are just arguing for the sake of arguing. I am done discussing this with you.

So in conclusion, you (think you) know everything about basketball but sports writers and journalists who actually get paid, don't.

One of the more moronic things i've read on here, but sure keep telling yourself that, 'lord of basketball'!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I made the same decision yesterday. Good move

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made the same decision yesterday. Good move

QqZ4MOY.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in conclusion, you (think you) know everything about basketball but sports writers and journalists who actually get paid, don't.

One of the more moronic things i've read on here, but sure keep telling yourself that, 'lord of basketball'!

I didn't say that.

and you are making assumptions about me that aren't true. I don't know everything by any stretch. But I do know a lot more than many of the journalists I see covering the game and so do many other posters in this forum (not you).

You assume that being a writer paid to cover something implies knowledge. It isn't true. One of these all knowing voters picked Isaiah Thomas for all defense team last year. You also assume that people in this forum know nothing beacuse we are anonymous nobody's on an Internet forum. Yet, some nerd who may have never played above rec league, but chose to persue sports journalism automatically knows the game because they are paid? Guess what? There are people in this forum who have also gotten paid for their actual basketball knowledge. Journalists are paid to write about people in the game. They don't need more than superficial knowledge to do their jobs well.

Some journalists do know the game well, but many more do not. Some people who post here regularly know the game extremely well. Some also have extensive backgrounds in the sport. It shows through in their posts. Some posters do not (looking at you).

I find it ironic that you can be such a condescending ass hole, when you clearly don't know your stuff.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people who post here regularly know the game extremely well. Some also have extensive backgrounds in the sport. It shows through in their posts.

Alright. 'Fess up assholes. Which one of you is Greg Popovich?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth. Watch PTI and Around the Horn for 5 minutes. It is guys like them who vote. Their knowledge is mostly superficial.
I don't know if you've already mentioned this.

But, in 2014, Chris Sheridan voted BG32 first place all NBA and 2nd place in the MVP race.

.....over LeBron James.

What in the entire fuck?

PTI, ATH, The six, Sportsnation are great examples of folks that get paid yet have zero clue about Sports outside of Basketball and football....

And even with those two topics, some are far from being experts.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, in 2014, Chris Sheridan voted BG32 first place all NBA and 2nd place in the MVP race.

.....over LeBron James.

What in the entire fuck?

PTI, ATH, The six, Sportsnation are great examples of folks that get paid yet have zero clue about Sports outside of Basketball and football....

I did not. I was speaking more in generalities but thank you for the Facts!

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

.....over LeBron James.

What in the entire fuck?

BG32 is a thing? I didn't know that was a thing.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to see how efficient look for a rookie PG, look at Ben Simmons.

Simmons: A/TO: 2.31
Ball: A/TO: 3

Simmons is shooting better, but those stats are made to look worse by Lonzo's 22 3s (Ben has taken and missed 3). Both are shooting poorly from the line (Ben .571, Ball .556).

Simmons may be listed as a PG, but he's taking PF shots. 6'10 PF Simmons is only out-rebounding Ball by 1.

Maybe if Ball got a red-shirt season, he would be shooting better.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons: A/TO: 2.31
Ball: A/TO: 3

Simmons is shooting better, but those stats are made to look worse by Lonzo's 22 3s (Ben has taken and missed 3). Both are shooting poorly from the line (Ben .571, Ball .556).

Simmons may be listed as a PG, but he's taking PF shots. 6'10 PF Simmons is only out-rebounding Ball by 1.

Maybe if Ball got a red-shirt season, he would be shooting better.

So many excuses.