• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Miami HEAT were in fact very classy

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the last 7 years, I have been virtually the lone voice of nonstop Spurs homerism on CBS and recently on here.

Although, I am feeling the agony of being so close, I am not one who believes the HEAT are classless.

Chris Bosh might have been a low level tool (maybe)... just minor stuff

But, overall the HEAT were a classy team.

Was there a single technical for sportsmanship? I don't think so...
I don't think there was any intentional fouls, flagrant fouls, tech fouls, shoving, or anything even close.
There was not a single scrum of anger and anything remotely resembling bad will.

Both teams played at gut-wrenching emotional elite level without even a microscopic amount of bad sportsmanship.

That is next to impossible. It was a credit to both teams that the emotional toll was so high, but the professionalism was never dampened.

Every time someone fell to the ground, members of both teams were the first to extend a hand.

I cannot remember a more tense and emotional series that had ZERO CONFRONTATIONS.

Both teams did the NBA proud with overwhelming class in the backdrop of an alltime epic series!!

Now if only the Spurs had not gone 0-3 in those championship clinching free throws....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get ready to be attacked by certain Lakers fans/Lebron haters within the next 12 hours.

Great post though and you're dead on.....Not one single confrontation or T in this series outside of defensive 3 seconds

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As always... Great post Horns. Classy as usual...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the last 7 years, I have been virtually the lone voice of nonstop Spurs homerism on CBS and recently on here.

Although, I am feeling the agony of being so close, I am not one who believes the HEAT are classless.

I don't think there was any intentional fouls, flagrant fouls, tech fouls, shoving, or anything even close.
There was not a single scrum of anger and anything remotely resembling bad will.

Both teams played at gut-wrenching emotional elite level without even a microscopic amount of bad sportsmanship.

That is next to impossible. It was a credit to both teams that the emotional toll was so high, but the professionalism was never dampened.

Every time someone fell to the ground, members of both teams were the first to extend a hand.

I cannot remember a more tense and emotional series that had ZERO CONFRONTATIONS.

Both teams did the NBA proud with overwhelming class in the backdrop of an alltime epic series!!

Now if only the Spurs had not gone 0-3 in those championship clinching free throws....

Careful Horns, it turns Red Rum on when you bring up just how long you've been a part of an internet chat room.

It's apparent to me that along with GoHornets and logic, you're the latest know-it-all poster who thinks they're being hip, cool, and macho by being a Miami supporter. I hate both the Lakers and the Heat, so I try to provide an unbiased perspective here:

As most of you know, I'm from NW Indiana and for pride purposes, I consider us to be the most down-to-earth people in this world. Except for the young fans, absolutely NO ONE here likes the Heat. Two years ago, I spent an evening in bar in my original hometown of Hobart, Indiana watching Game 2 of the Heat/Mavs series. When Dallas made their historic 4th quarter comeback that night, people were loud as hell to the point it almost felt like a bar in Dallas.

It's not just fans in Cleveland - It will always be difficult for the casual fan to forgive LeBron for the parade he put on in free agency in 2010. There's still no place for showing up your former teammates and fans like that.

LeBron will eventually go down as one of the 10 greatest players of all-time, but he and Wade in particular have surrounded themselves with yes people their entire lives. Two ego-driven individuals. There will always be folks who question if James and Wade truly respect the game. I hope they do, but I like many others will continue to have doubts. While others (CL67) simply view their formation as collusion...

Last edited by a moderator:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was so ecstatic when the Heat won the title. But a small part of me was depressed for Tim Duncan. That man is the poster child of what a superstar athlete should be like. Whether he won or lost, Timmy's legacy was already cemented. I really though hope he comes back next season.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@OP This depends on if you think flopping is poor sportsmanship. I definitely think that it would be if the league did not allow it. Even then though outside a Bosh flop for Miami there was not much.

Sup punchline?

I am so sorry that a pep rally offended you so deeply...or maybe you should be sorry for letting it LMAO when people care about other teams pep rallies something went wrong in that person's life to not have one. Hope you get it turned around some day before missing out on some of the best basketball ever played.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we have different opinions on what classy is because I don't think of the Heat as being classy and Lebron is anything but classy. What Popovich did after the game was classy. It was very easy for Lebron to hug their necks and congratulate them since he won. When he lost to Orlando, however he went home to his mommy without shaking anyone's hand. When I see Lebron actually shaking their hands after a humiliating loss - that would be classy. Until then he's just another a-hole

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not like what Pop did there where he was so happy for them...LBJ in SA next?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we have different opinions on what classy is because I don't think of the Heat as being classy and Lebron is anything but classy. What Popovich did after the game was classy. It was very easy for Lebron to hug their necks and congratulate them since he won. When he lost to Orlando, however he went home to his mommy without shaking anyone's hand. When I see Lebron actually shaking their hands after a humiliating loss - that would be classy. Until then he's just another a-hole

Lebron been in the playoffs 8 times and won a championship twice....How come you guys don't bring up the other 5 times he got eliminated and congratulated the opponents? I bet you didn't have issue when Kobe did not shake any of the Suns hands when they lost to the Suns in 7 right?

You guys are such haters as you make it seem as if LBJ only been in the playoffs 3 times and the one time he did not win a title he didn't congratulate the other team.

LBJ shook the opponents hand every time he got eliminated except for that year....The hate for this man is ridiculous.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always entertaining to watch Lakers criticize Lebron for something....that Kobe's already done. Keep it up fellas :pop2:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post is why I have the utmost respect for Horns. He is not blinded by emotion. He is able to use objectivity in his analysis. Whether or not you agree with his viewpoints, many posters can learn something from Horns.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't really talking about past incidents or future incidents.

Yes, I am aware that both Lebron and Wade have a past. Heck Parker and Duncan do as well.
And yes, it might take a long time for the public to warm up to LBJ and Wade.
I am not a big fan at all of D-Wade. I don't like him. I might never like him.

However all that is irrelevant.

I was merely defending the notion that Miami was "classless" in this series and victory.

My point was that this series was 100% professional and classy.

There is no way to find any fault with the professionalism of either team in this series.

I have never seen a more tense and gut-wrenching series that did not bubble over into frustration.
It would have been even okay had it.

I still am amazed that it did not bubble over into scrums and screaming.
I know I would have lost my cool.

But, if you take off the hater goggles (AND FOCUS ENTIRELY ON THIS ONE SERIES ONLY), that was one of the greatest displays of competitive spirt and professionalism.

It doesn't matter if Duncan or Lebron acted like asses in 2007 or 2009 or whatever.

For this series, it was a credit to good sportsmanship and epic competition.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:Well said!!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, I am aware that both Lebron and Wade have a past. Heck Parker and Duncan do as well.

I was merely defending the notion that Miami was "classless" in this series and victory.

There is no way to find any fault with the professionalism of either team in this series.

I have never seen a more tense and gut-wrenching series that did not bubble over into frustration.

But, if you take off the hater goggles (AND FOCUS ENTIRELY ON THIS ONE SERIES ONLY), that was one of the greatest displays of competitive spirt and professionalism.

It doesn't matter if Duncan or Lebron acted like asses in 2007 or 2009 or whatever.

applause-gif-tumblr-47_original.gif

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Horns it's easy to be classy when your winning. Lebron has a huge "joker" smile after the game hugging everyone who would go near him...I wonder how "classy" Lebron would be in defeat?

Look no further than after game 3, Lebron wouldn't go to the podium. That's exactly what would have happened had Miami lost. Lebron makes a lightning quick exit without shaking any hands, and then tells the world how miserable their lives are compared to his. What a Classy, guy..

Please...Lebron is just like Serena. A poor sport. A poor loser. Classless.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horns it's easy to be classy when your winning. Lebron has a huge "joker" smile after the game hugging everyone who would go near him...I wonder how "classy" Lebron would be in defeat?

Look no further than after game 3, Lebron wouldn't go to the podium. That's exactly what would have happened had Miami lost. Lebron makes a lightning quick exit without shaking any hands, and then tells the world how miserable their lives are compared to his. What a Classy, guy..

er, we already saw it when the jackass told everyone to "go back to their everyday live"...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When Dallas defeated Miami, Lebron shook hands....He also shook hands when his Cleveland teams were eliminated by Boston 2X, Detroit, and San Antonio.

You guys are all on LBJ for not shaking hands once in his career but you guys have no issue when Kobe does it or any player. KG always does this. Hibbert and West did it this year against the Heat and so did Noah and a few other players.

Is it that hard to be consistent? You can't get on one player for not shaking hands but is completely fine with it when every other player in the league does it.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Dallas defeated Miami, Lebron shook hands....He also shook hands when his Cleveland teams were eliminated by Boston 2X, Detroit, and San Antonio.

You guys are all on LBJ for not shaking hands once in his career but you guys have no issue when Kobe does it or any player. KG always does this. Hibbert and West did it this year against the Heat and so did Noah and a few other players.

Is it that hard to be consistent? You can't get on one player for not shaking hands but is completely fine with it when every other player in the league does it.
Dude haters just gonna hate no matter what. If it was Kobe it was because of his intense competitiveness. If its Lebron its because he is not classy. Why ask why?