• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the METS are on the move !

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok so the Mets have another catcher - can't remember his name - he's a real good prospect who's having a great yr. I think he's in Binghamton or was just moved up. Anyway , they have this kid and a couple young arms , what if they take the catcher and one of the top level young arms, some other stuff and go after someone big like Tulo ? Tulo can be had btw and his name is gonna be floating around a lot in the next couple weeks. He has a no trade but has let the Rockies know he won't get in the way if they have a deal.

ok I'm quoting myself and taking credit for mentioning it a couple weeks ago.

Mets to Rockies: Let?s talk Tulowitzki, Gonzalez trade | New York Post

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't see the Mets landing Tulo but I'm wondering if announcing this to the world is a way for the Mets to make other teams who are reluctant to move short stops nervous? The Mets certainly have the pieces to make the move but I could also see them settling for someone a tier down from Tulo.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't see the Mets landing Tulo but I'm wondering if announcing this to the world is a way for the Mets to make other teams who are reluctant to move short stops nervous? The Mets certainly have the pieces to make the move but I could also see them settling for someone a tier down from Tulo.

I hear ya. You made a point that can't be ignored - the Mets are one of the teams that could make this happen. They have all kinds of talent in the system from pitching to position players and could pull this off. They could get Tulo w/out giving up Wheeler or Harvey , who isn't going anywhere until he proves he can pitch again so he won't even be discussed. DeGrom would be discussed and so would a bunch of guys in the minors right now. It'll be interesting to watch. I do believe Tulo is gonna be moved. As I mentioned in the past he has been outwardly pissed off in Colo. and has told them he's ready to pack up.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm not mistaken, his stat line isn't nearly as impressive away from Coors (still a very good stat line, above average for SS). Would the Rockies be evaluating his trade value based on his Coors field numbers or his away numbers? The packages could be quite different.

He's also injured quite a bit (I feel like most short stops are) so I have a feeling the Rockies will have to settle for a little bit less than what their initial asking price would be.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sticking with my Tulo story even more so now and here's why. He's hurt again and the Mets will try to use that to their advantage and make even a better deal than they could have before he was hurt. I read a couple weeks ago Tulo has a no trade , then read last nite he doesn't have one so someone is wrong. Either way he wants out and the Rocks want to deal. He's going somewhere and I'm betting it's to the Mets.

Last edited by a moderator:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tulo going nowhere

Passan says New York is "prepared to offer top pitching prospect Noah Syndergaard in a deal for" the star shortstop, who is signed through 2021. The Cardinals have also made their interest known, but it doesn't sound like the Rockies are going to budge this summer on a trade involving the current face of their franchise. Tulo is currently on the disabled list anyway with a left hip flexor strain. He flew to Philadelphia this weekend to meet with a sports hernia surgeon and took in a game (quite controversially) on Sunday at Yankee Stadium.
:suds:

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tulo going nowhere

Passan says New York is "prepared to offer top pitching prospect Noah Syndergaard in a deal for" the star shortstop, who is signed through 2021. The Cardinals have also made their interest known, but it doesn't sound like the Rockies are going to budge this summer on a trade involving the current face of their franchise. Tulo is currently on the disabled list anyway with a left hip flexor strain. He flew to Philadelphia this weekend to meet with a sports hernia surgeon and took in a game (quite controversially) on Sunday at Yankee Stadium.
:suds:

yeah yeah yeah we know all about that and it means nothing. There's simply too much talk of him being moved and the Rocks aren't killing any of the stories. Not to mention the fact the Rocks handed out 15,000 Tulo T shirts at a game the other day and misspelled his name on them. Nice , and Tulo noticed btw. Stay tuned