• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the METS are on the move !

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's right boys , the NY METS. Ok I'm getting slightly carried away but consider a couple things here before you rip me to shreds. They've won 8 of 10 heading into the break , their run differential is 19 to the good side and they're 7 back in the East and WC. I wouldn't bet 5 cents on this team BUT we can't ignore the fact they're playing pretty good and most wrote them off just a couple weeks ago. The NY papers were calling for Alderson's and Collins' head and now they're writing about maybe the Mets can do something. Ok , start rippin'

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected their pitching has been top notch and is getting healthy. Duda finally playing to his potential, after a slow start Travis D'Arnaud finally looks like the player he was hyped up to be (being sent down for 2 weeks and adjusting his batting stance worked wonders), Granderson is coming around. All this while David Wright is have a sub David Wright season.

There is still a lot of work to be done but the Mets are much closer to being real contenders than most people think. They still desperately need a SS and a power bat in the outfield is a must if they plan on really contending.

Colon is a pretty appealing trade candidate for a contending team and considering what we got for Byrd/Buck last year I think there could be a real solid return (Mets would likely need to eat some salary).

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected their pitching has been top notch and is getting healthy. Duda finally playing to his potential, after a slow start Travis D'Arnaud finally looks like the player he was hyped up to be (being sent down for 2 weeks and adjusting his batting stance worked wonders), Granderson is coming around. All this while David Wright is have a sub David Wright season.

There is still a lot of work to be done but the Mets are much closer to being real contenders than most people think. They still desperately need a SS and a power bat in the outfield is a must if they plan on really contending.

Colon is a pretty appealing trade candidate for a contending team and considering what we got for Byrd/Buck last year I think there could be a real solid return (Mets would likely need to eat some salary).
so they continue to win games in the next couple weeks , are they buyers or sellers ?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so they continue to win games in the next couple weeks , are they buyers or sellers ?

With the exception of Colon being moved, maybe cast a couple lines out there and see if they can get any nibbles for Eric Young Jr (has some value) or Chris Young (doubtful). Other than that stand pat and see what shapes up in the offseason.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed.

d'Arnaud's looked a lot better since getting recalled, granted it's still a small sample size (.295/.338/.525 in 65 PA). And even David Wright looks like he's getting his shit together. 1.079 OPS over the last 28 days.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok so the Mets have another catcher - can't remember his name - he's a real good prospect who's having a great yr. I think he's in Binghamton or was just moved up. Anyway , they have this kid and a couple young arms , what if they take the catcher and one of the top level young arms, some other stuff and go after someone big like Tulo ? Tulo can be had btw and his name is gonna be floating around a lot in the next couple weeks. He has a no trade but has let the Rockies know he won't get in the way if they have a deal.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect a blockbuster deal to go down during the season. If a big move is to be made I think it's in the offseason. 2015 looks to be the year the Mets will make a push to contend and Sandy is very methodical/calculating so I don't think he'll do anything drastic or make any knee-jerk reacionary type deals. He'll probably wait until the end of the year, see where Harvey's health is, see if there are any lingering surgeries or injuries that could impact the team and go from there. The winter meetings should be very interesting for the Metropolitans this year.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the 45th anniversary of the Miracle Mets. Coincidence?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would be nice to see the Mets in contention!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I equate this season to the 2005 Mets. They were heading in the right direction, had an interesting mix of youth and vets, they were just lacking that extra bit that would put them over the top. That offseason they traded for Carlos Delgado and Paul Lo Duca, signed some vet arms to sure up the rotation and bullpen and were set the next year.

I think they are 2-3 moves away from being top notch. Just need some more consistency in the lineup/bullpen and they'll be formidable.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect a blockbuster deal to go down during the season. If a big move is to be made I think it's in the offseason. 2015 looks to be the year the Mets will make a push to contend and Sandy is very methodical/calculating so I don't think he'll do anything drastic or make any knee-jerk reacionary type deals. He'll probably wait until the end of the year, see where Harvey's health is, see if there are any lingering surgeries or injuries that could impact the team and go from there. The winter meetings should be very interesting for the Metropolitans this year.

but can they afford to do this ? They were supposed to be something this year , not sure what but something. How many more times can they say "wait till next year" ?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but can they afford to do this ? They were supposed to be something this year , not sure what but something. How many more times can they say "wait till next year" ?

2015 has pretty much always been the target season so the wait till next year isn't your typical wait till next year. 2010-2013 wasn't supposed to be anything, that was Sandy ridding himself of bad contracts and drafting/trading for prospects to restock the farm. 2014 is letting those prospects get experience and crack the major league. 2015 they should all be major league ready and some fine tuning will be in order.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there defintley the better team in NY. the yankees are terrible this year

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing in a very mediocre division makes it awful tempting to be buyers this year. As has been said, 2015 is supposed to be "the year" and we should have Harvey back, hopefully at close to full strength. Some AL team will likely want Colon for the stretch run. I'm feeling like we'll fade in August again this year.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing in a very mediocre division makes it awful tempting to be buyers this year. As has been said, 2015 is supposed to be "the year" and we should have Harvey back, hopefully at close to full strength. Some AL team will likely want Colon for the stretch run. I'm feeling like we'll fade in August again this year.

you're probably right BUT if I'm running the show I'm not giving up till the last min. The Mets will do something in the coming weeks but I think it's important they at least get someone who can help now and in the future as opposed to sending someone to a contender for a 19 yr old. They need to bring someone in who's recognizable and can make some kind of impact this yr and next. Just being sellers again will not cut it unless there is a total collapse the next couple weeks or so.