• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buy or sell: teams that are currently .500 or better

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets- sell. I don't trust their rotation to stay healthy, and their lineup is a little old and underwhelming to me

Phillies- buy. They're young and talented.

Braves- sell. They've yet to play a team that didn't make the playoffs last season or doesn't have a winning record this season, so they're beating good teams, but they're going nowhere with that bullpen

Cardinals- buy. I'll always buy the Cardinals. Most well ran franchise in the Majors for my money.

Brewers- buy. They were on the cusp last season and made some pretty big upgrades in the offseason

Pirates- sell. Nice start, but their roster is pretty underwhelming

Cubs- Buy. Slow start, but they're WS contenders

Diamondbacks- Buy. Don't think they'll hold off the Dodgers when they get hot, but they're legit WC contenders IMO.

Rockies- sell. Thought they overachieved last season, and I expect reality to hit them this season.

Red Sox- buy. Great start, perennial playoff team

Blue Jays- sell. I expect them to come back to earth here in short order.

Yankees- buy. Great lineup, WS contender

Indians- buy. Who's gonna challenge them in the AL Central?

Twins-sell. I think they're a solid team, but I don't see a playoff contender

Astros- buy. Defending champs with a good chance to repeat

Angels- buy. Don't expect them to challenge the Astros, but I do expect them to contend for a WC spot.

Mariners- sell. They're gonna have to prove it before I can buy it. They have talent, but it's been forever since they're made the playoffs

A's- sell. My pick for most surprising team to be .500 or better, and I don't expect it to last.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets- sell. I don't trust their rotation to stay healthy, and their lineup is a little old and underwhelming to me

Braves- sell. They've yet to play a team that didn't make the playoffs last season or doesn't have a winning record this season, so they're beating good teams, but they're going nowhere with that bullpen

Cardinals- buy. I'll always buy the Cardinals. Most well ran franchise in the Majors for my money.

Brewers- buy. They were on the cusp last season and made some pretty big upgrades in the offseason

Diamondbacks- Buy. Don't think they'll hold off the Dodgers when they get hot, but they're legit WC contenders IMO.

Rockies- sell. Thought they overachieved last season, and I expect reality to hit them this season.

Angels- buy. Don't expect them to challenge the Astros, but I do expect them to contend for a WC spot.

Mariners- sell. They're gonna have to prove it before I can buy it. They have talent, but it's been forever since they're made the playoffs

A's- sell. My pick for most surprising team to be .500 or better, and I don't expect it to last.
Wrong! Sell the d backs. They suck. And fan base is dumb. Sell that hot garbage in arizona

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong! Sell the d backs. They suck. And fan base is dumb. Sell that hot garbage in arizona

I don't base my judgement of a team on one ultra retarded fan.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I rent a couple of teams and see if I like them?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be kinda shocked if the NL central got both wild cards. I think the Mets are legit and probably the Brewers aren't but the Cardinals are just beating up the Reds and haven't proven anything recently.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mets - buy
Phillies - buy
Braves - sell
Cards - buy
Brewers - buy
Pirates - sell
Cubs - buy
D-Backs - buy
Rockies - sell
Red Sox - buy
Blue Jays - buy
Yankees - buy
Indians - buy
Twins - buy
Astros - buy
Angels - buy
Mariners - sell (that pitching staff outside of Diaz and Paxton is a mess)
A's - buy (I don't see them making the playoffs, but I think there's a good assembly of players going on and they could field a pretty good team next year)

the only team currently under .500 that I expect to finish above .500 is Washington and maybe SF.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets - buy
Phillies - buy
Braves - sell
Cards - buy
Brewers - buy
Pirates - sell
Cubs - buy
D-Backs - buy
Rockies - sell
Red Sox - buy
Blue Jays - buy
Yankees - buy
Indians - buy
Twins - buy
Astros - buy
Angels - buy
Mariners - sell (that pitching staff outside of Diaz and Paxton is a mess)
A's - buy (I don't see them making the playoffs, but I think there's a good assembly of players going on and they could field a pretty good team next year)

the only team currently under .500 that I expect to finish above .500 is Washington and maybe SF.

Mets, Twins and Blue Jays are the only real differences between ours.

But your description of the A's is pretty much what I think about the Braves(I sold on both)

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets, Twins and Blue Jays are the only real differences between ours.

But your description of the A's is pretty much what I think about the Braves(I sold on both)

yeah I was about to say that about the Braves. I love the assembly of position players, but I don't think the pitching is going to hold up unless they cut down on the walks, especially Newcomb.

holy crap, I had no idea Kurt Suzuki was still in the majors. I also thought he was a lot older than he is (34).

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I was about to say that about the Braves. I love the assembly of position players, but I don't think the pitching is going to hold up unless they cut down on the walks, especially Newcomb.

holy crap, I had no idea Kurt Suzuki was still in the majors. I also thought he was a lot older than he is (34).

The bullpen is complete trash, but the rotation has been a pleasant surprise. Newcomb has been the weak link, but even then, outside of his first start, he has kept the team in the game, including one dominant outing in Denver.

Suzuki has been rock solid. The combination of he and Flowers last year was one of the most productive catching units in the Majors. Flowers will be back soon, and it won't be a minute too soon. I just wish one of them batted left handed.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
standings as of today

bos-buy
cle-buy
hou-buy
laa-buy