• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lions Den

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
onlywhenbeingserveddinnerwhileinbeverlyhills

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally found out what really happened.

Remember when Maytard drafted both Lewis boys the same draft because he got their names mixed up?

It turns out that when he thought he was hiring Joe Lombardi as OC, he actually hired Joe Lombardo.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally found out what really happened.

Remember when Maytard drafted both Lewis boys the same draft because he got their names mixed up?

It turns out that when he thought he was hiring Joe Lombardi as OC, he actually hired Joe Lombardo.

You sure it wasnt Guy Lombardo? He had those fat guys on the O-Line dancing like they were Bobby and Sissy.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got my lawn mowed yesterday before the rain came. My neighbors should be pretty happy for a couple of weeks. Followed by a couple of weeks where they're probably pretty pissed off.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got my lawn mowed yesterday before the rain came. My neighbors should be pretty happy for a couple of weeks. Followed by a couple of weeks where they're probably pretty pissed off.

The rain in Texas has been crazy this year. Mother Nature is killing me down here.

Prolly traveling through your parts again here shortly heading toward Guymon. Need to meet up again. Be around July 10th- 13th time frame.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds a lot like my neighbors. Not the pissed off part, the part where they maybe mow once a month.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rain in Texas has been crazy this year. Mother Nature is killing me down here.

Prolly traveling through your parts again here shortly heading toward Guymon. Need to meet up again. Be around July 10th- 13th time frame.

Do you like ribs?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds a lot like my neighbors. Not the pissed off part, the part where they maybe mow once a month.

I don't know the water situation in SLC, but here, the Ogallala Aquifer level is dropping. Longer grass holds moisture longer. Some here won't water their lawns at all. Let mother nature take its' course. I won't go that far, but I try to balance a nice yard with water conservation.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know the water situation in SLC, but here, the Ogallala Aquifer level is dropping. Longer grass holds moisture longer. Some here won't water their lawns at all. Let mother nature take its' course. I won't go that far, but I try to balance a nice yard with water conservation.

I'm seeing a lot of this too. The home I just sold had 9 zones and 45 heads. I put in seed instead of sod, and I swear the rain did more good than the expensive sprinklers. I barely used them at all. Sure, the grass would get a little dry after a few days of hot heat, but it would be green as green can be after one storm.

Seed > sod.

Putting sod in my new place tho. Smaller yard. Prob only need a few sprinklers. But w sod, you gotta have them. Plus the kids love them.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seeing a lot of this too. The home I just sold had 9 zones and 45 heads. I put in seed instead of sod, and I swear the rain did more good than the expensive sprinklers. I barely used them at all. Sure, the grass would get a little dry after a few days of hot heat, but it would be green as green can be after one storm.

Seed > sod.

Putting sod in my new place tho. Smaller yard. Prob only need a few sprinklers. But w sod, you gotta have them. Plus the kids love them.

I have sprinklers, but I use the manual function and water when I need to. I think rain is always the best. Here it's hit and miss.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have sprinklers, but I use the manual function and water when I need to. I think rain is always the best. Here it's hit and miss.

Totally agree.