• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Indiana Pacers getting Rajon Rondo?

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Trade News: Rajon Rondo To Indiana Pacers Rumors Gaining Momentum : Sports : Latino Post

I may finally change my screen name if this happens. My guess is, that if Rondo is healthy and can play, he will be a Pacer.

Here's what was said...

The Indiana Pacers are reportedly preparing a trade package involving Danny Granger, George Hill and a future NBA draft pick for Boston Celtics All-Star point guard Rajon Rondo, multiple sources reported on Monday.
The Pacers might be lording on top of the Eastern Conference for now, but they seem aware that their current roster may not be enough to get them past the defending NBA Champion Miami Heat in the playoffs.

According to the latest trade rumors, the Pacers are reportedly proposing a trade that would give them the Celtics' premier playmaker. In return, the Celtics will be receiving Granger, Hill and a future first round pick.

How Blockbuster Trade works.

Knowing the Celtics are not a championship team anymore and it may take some time for the franchise to reach elite level, general manager Danny Ainge could pull off this trade to help his former teammate and friend Larry Bird get the missing piece in their championship puzzle.

Ainge may have an axe to grind towards the Heat after seeing his team get dispatched by LeBron James and company in several playoff meetings. And apparently, the Celtics general manager has the power to spoil Miami's three-peat aspirations by giving away Rondo to the Pacers while he's busy putting the pieces together for his team's rebuilding effort.

Several basketball analysts believe the Pacers will be a more complete team with the addition of a pass-first point guard like Rondo. With the All-Star guard orchestrating Frank Vogel's offense, the Pacers could become a more potent team on the offensive end without compromising their identity as a strong defensive unit.

On the other hand, the Celtics could acquire a solid scorer in Granger and a playoff-tested combo guard in Hill. The possibility of getting a future first-round pick will make this deal intriguing for the Celtics, who plan to collect more assets in the form of young talent and draft picks.

Former Celtics blog and Grantland writer Zach Lowe already discussed the chances of the Rondo to Indiana trade even before the start of the season.

"The Celtics wouldn't mind their young guys getting to experience meaningful late-season games, but the guess here is that the front office would rather have at least one very nice first-round pick in a loaded draft," Lowe said in his article on Grantland.

"In other words, look for everyone to be on the table. Bass might be the most tradeable guy, since he's a solid player with just one year left on his contract after this season. But bigger names will come up. Jeff Green has fans around the league, and Rondo's contract expires after next season," he added.

Last edited by a moderator:

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao, yes, I'm SURE Ainge is thinking, "I hate the Heat so much that I'm permanently going to remove our best point guard from our team, place him on the Pacers, so that the PACERS can beat the Heat FOR me."

...yup, makes no sense.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Trade News: Rajon Rondo To Indiana Pacers Rumors Gaining Momentum : Sports : Latino Post

I may finally change my screen name if this happens. My guess is, that if Rondo is healthy and can play, he will be a Pacer.

Here's what was said...

The Indiana Pacers are reportedly preparing a trade package involving Danny Granger, George Hill and a future NBA draft pick for Boston Celtics All-Star point guard Rajon Rondo, multiple sources reported on Monday.
The Pacers might be lording on top of the Eastern Conference for now, but they seem aware that their current roster may not be enough to get them past the defending NBA Champion Miami Heat in the playoffs.

According to the latest trade rumors, the Pacers are reportedly proposing a trade that would give them the Celtics' premier playmaker. In return, the Celtics will be receiving Granger, Hill and a future first round pick.

How Blockbuster Trade works.

Knowing the Celtics are not a championship team anymore and it may take some time for the franchise to reach elite level, general manager Danny Ainge could pull off this trade to help his former teammate and friend Larry Bird get the missing piece in their championship puzzle.

Ainge may have an axe to grind towards the Heat after seeing his team get dispatched by LeBron James and company in several playoff meetings. And apparently, the Celtics general manager has the power to spoil Miami's three-peat aspirations by giving away Rondo to the Pacers while he's busy putting the pieces together for his team's rebuilding effort.

Several basketball analysts believe the Pacers will be a more complete team with the addition of a pass-first point guard like Rondo. With the All-Star guard orchestrating Frank Vogel's offense, the Pacers could become a more potent team on the offensive end without compromising their identity as a strong defensive unit.

On the other hand, the Celtics could acquire a solid scorer in Granger and a playoff-tested combo guard in Hill. The possibility of getting a future first-round pick will make this deal intriguing for the Celtics, who plan to collect more assets in the form of young talent and draft picks.

Former Celtics blog and Grantland writer Zach Lowe already discussed the chances of the Rondo to Indiana trade even before the start of the season.

"The Celtics wouldn't mind their young guys getting to experience meaningful late-season games, but the guess here is that the front office would rather have at least one very nice first-round pick in a loaded draft," Lowe said in his article on Grantland.

"In other words, look for everyone to be on the table. Bass might be the most tradeable guy, since he's a solid player with just one year left on his contract after this season. But bigger names will come up. Jeff Green has fans around the league, and Rondo's contract expires after next season," he added.

The Pacers would be nuts not to inquire about his availability, but also nuts to think they had any chance of landing him.

Ainge will listen politely to any offers other teams make for him but it would shock me if he said yes to any.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno, these former Celtics can be thick as thieves at times. Rondo would probably have to wait at least two seasons until Boston has something. His contract expires next year? And Granger's this year. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao, yes, I'm SURE Ainge is thinking, "I hate the Heat so much that I'm permanently going to remove our best point guard from our team, place him on the Pacers, so that the PACERS can beat the Heat FOR me."

...yup, makes no sense.

Why not? Look at how much we hate the Heat and Riley never personally told US to shut the fuck up. LOL. Add to that, Ainge and Bird are buddies and former teammates, plus Boston is rebuilding. I believe it's a definite possibility.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pacers would be nuts not to inquire about his availability, but also nuts to think they had any chance of landing him.

Ainge will listen politely to any offers other teams make for him but it would shock me if he said yes to any.

Why is this so hard to believe?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? Look at how much we hate the Heat and Riley never personally told US to shut the fuck up. LOL. Add to that, Ainge and Bird are buddies and former teammates, plus Boston is rebuilding. I believe it's a definite possibility.

Well I did say a few times before that Ainge is a dumb ass, so it could be possible :lol:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be unacceptable. There is not a possible compensation package they could get back that would not make me hope Ainge dies a brutal, terrible death.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granger and George Hill that's it? 2 role players for one of the best PG's in the league? Ainge isn't that stupid

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granger and George Hill that's it? 2 role players for one of the best PG's in the league? Ainge isn't that stupid

And a first round pick. Ya, I know you think that that still isn't enough for Rondo, but that is what is being said.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's guaranteed to be extremely late?

You could offer 10 years of first round picks and be a lottery pick every year and Ainge would get run out of town for taking it.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's guaranteed to be extremely late?

You could offer 10 years of first round picks and be a lottery pick every year and Ainge would get run out of town for taking it.

10 years of lottery picks huh? I don't know.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes a ton of sense from both sides. The celtics have tons of draft picks and it is likely even with phenomenal drafting they will not be able to be a true contender for a few years, Rondo will be in his 30s and their remaining core will also be passing their prime. The only reason why Hill and Granger would go is to keep the Pacers under the Luxury. The celtics would rather receive nothing to better their chances at max contracts and young talent outside of the draft. But Grangers contract is in it's last year.

Could the Celtics get more for Rondo? Yes, but do they need to? No.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, if this goes through, Pacers Thunder Finals.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how this helps Boston. They lose a true PG in Rondo for one who turns the ball over a ton and a role player in Granger....Oh yeah they also get a pick that is guaranteed to be 25th or later lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you will go to favorite player from Granger to Rondo. Douche move on your part.

Just bc Granger sucks.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this so hard to believe?

Because Ainge has proven more than once that he knows basketball better than most GMs, or SportsHoopla posters for that matter.

He got Rondo originally because he saw better than the Suns did how little difference Rajon's lack of height to his NBA career. That Rajon's basketball IQ would more than compensate for it.

Many people were calling him insane to use a 1st round pick on someone that short.

Who had the last laugh?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be smart to wait for legit sources to report this