• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Following QBs will never win a SB

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big difference though… 32 completions for Manning … 12 for Smith…. I know Manning threw the ball more but he was also going against the 49rs D that was at another level…

Manning… 10 Cruz … 5 Nicks… 6 Bradshaw… 3 Hyunoski… 1 Manningham …. 4 Beckum … 2 Jacobs…1 Pascoe…

Smith…. 3 Davis…. 6 Gore.. 2 Walker … 1 Crabtree… It it wasn't for the Davis big play's Smith's numbers would a been borderline HORRIFIC…. Even despite this like you said you guy's almost won… Take away those fumbles and you probably do…. But I still feel if Alex stepped up a bit more those fumbles wouldn't have mattered… You guy's win hands down…

that year, the passing game was the only means to advance/move the chains against the niners D... the run plays were almost scrapped from all opposing offenses cuz the niners run d was overwhelming at that time. So I don't really look at the amount of completions as a big factor rather than I look at the end result/pts given up...

Entering the 4th, the Niners were ahead 14-10... after another stop by the defense, the following punt resulted in a muff punt by KW at the SF 29 and boom, down 17-14.....

the following drive was a FG by SF and I think the next one was the Bradshaw not a fumble but really a fumble fumble that could've put us over....

Alex had no WR corp that was close to Nicks, Cruz or MM... we only had Crabs n VD at TE...

I understand the whole stepping up and yes that would be nice, but Alex IMO didn't really cost as much as that fucking POS KW did...twice!

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith's play wasn't the issue. Sure, he could have played better. But we are all aware of Smith's limitations, and in my opinion, his performance that day was at par for what we would normally expect from him. In looking at the numbers, he still managed to maintain a 97.6 passer rating and he took care of the ball as he usually does. Our wide receivers are more to blame than he is. Crabtree couldn't get open. Kyle Williams sucks and ultimately found a way to single-handedly lose the game for us. And if my memory serves me correctly, we had to throw Brett Swain out there who was simply god-awful.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vick? He's streaky, and I think it could be possible he goes on a hot enough streak to win one. I don't think it's likely though. Cutler or Rivers could easily win one; they're both great QBs. Palmer? Not at this point. Maybe before his knee inury; but I thought Palmer was like Freeman & Ponder; that goes without saying.

Cutler, Rivers, and Eli are all so similar. They are talented yet streaky QB's. They can look like one of the best in the game one week and like they are heading to the bench the next. You can win with them though if you get the hot games at the right time.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Cutler, Rivers, and Eli are all so similar. They are talented yet streaky QB's. They can look like one of the best in the game one week and like they are heading to the bench the next. You can win with them though if you get the hot games at the right time.

I don't think Rivers is very streaky; I think he's had no help for a very long time. Give him decent weapons and he's an MVP candidate IMO.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick
Wilson
Romo
Pryor
Schuab
Griffin
Cutler

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick
Wilson
Romo
Pryor
Schuab
Griffin
Cutler

Your list is good except for the first two names, as Kaepernick and Wilson are two of the favorites to win a ring this year. The way things are looking, the NFC Super Bowl team will be either the Niners, Saints and Seahawks.

Romo: Good pick because Dallas is dysfunctional and Romo has a history of coming up short in the big games.
Pryor: He's on the Raiders. 'Nuff said.
Schaub: May never get another chance at a starting gig. If he does, it will be with a bottom feeder team.
Griffin: Will never be healthy enough.
Cutler: Same as Griffin.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either will Kapernick so overrated.

No matter how overrated he might be, Kaepernick is on a good team, which gives him a good chance of being disqualified from this list sooner rather than later. If he were on another team, say the Cards, then yes, he would probably never win a Super Bowl.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
My point is there are people in this thread saying that Drew Brees has never won a SB.

I'm saying he has w/proof

Well those people obviously didn't see him play in San Diego. He was great down there.

The QBs I mentioned are the worst kinds of QBs to have. They're just good enough to trick you into thinking they give you a chance (so they stick around way too long), and they always come up short in the postseason.