• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The difference between Week 1's two SEC-Pac-12 match-ups:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year Utah beat Oregon 38-7. Perhaps you are over rating Oregon and under rating Florida?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is all this crap YOU'RE babbling about?
You started this with the following...

YOU said the B1G West "....fares pretty well vs the lesser of the two SEC divisions..." I merely pointed out that a) the B1G West has only been around since 2014 and b) over the span from 2014 to 2021 the B1G West is only 4-7 vs the SEC East. Is that your idea of faring well? I went to point out that if you wanted a longer span the spread only gets worse not better.

You are the KING of deflection. You picked the time frame and the divisions to talk about but when shown your error you switch to # of AP ranked teams. AP polls are NOT B1G West vs SEC East. BTW the B1G West has NOT had the same number of AP 25 teams as the SEC East since 2014!

Also, ALERT - there is NO SUCH THING AS AP TOP 30!!!
---------------there is NO SUCH THING AS AP TOP 35!!!
---------------there is NO SUCH THING AS AP TOP 40!!!
Stop inventing crap to try to support your lousy point.

Stop making mis-leading statements. Your sentence implies that the B1G West team play 1.5 out of 50+ games per year or less than 3 percent. Since 2014 the B1g West teams have played 196 OOC games including Bowls. Of the 196 games, 22 were against FCS teams, 94 were against G5 teams and only 80 were against P5 teams (including ND). That means the B1g West teams played the SEC 11 games out of 80 vs P5 teams or 13.75%.

As if that crap isn't bad enough now you want to switch to pro-football. This is about the B1G West vs the SEC East (as in COLLEGE FOOTBALL.)!!

YES you certainly know all about irrelevant history of pro-football!
I doubled checked my count of Top 25 teams and I missed Georgia in 2014, still 15 compared to 16 is still fairing pretty well over an 8 year period. If you make the comparison from 2015-2021 or from 2014-2020, then the two divisions produced the exact same # of Top 25 teams and 2015-2020 has the B1G West producing more Top 25s than the SE. No matter what time period you look at, the B1G West fairs pretty well in comparison to the SE.

Now what kind of manipulative bs are you trying to pull to claim I was being misleading? I stated THE FACT that there were only 11 inter conference games between the two divisions over that 8 year period, that is LESS THAN 1.5 games a season, I rounded up. You can't claim games don't count because they were against G5 conf teams or FCS teams, that's bullshit, especially in light of the fact that the SEC is known for playing a ton of games vs FCS and G5 conf teams. I didn't do a count, just estimated 3 ooc games per team, with 14 teams that's 42 games, then I just estimated approximately half the teams played in bowl games, probably more, that's another 7, so 49 ooc games a season X 8 seasons, that's 392 games, half of which is the 196 you claim the B1G West played, so seems my estimation was pretty spot on with the "probably more" bowl games making up for lack of ooc games in 2020.

And even with your bullsh1t way of looking at things, less than 14% is STILL just a fraction, it's not even 1 out of 7. What happens in the other 6 games DOES matter, especially when the vast majority of those matchups happened in bowl games which are almost always played in SEC territory.

Now as for my inventing something? Are you really this dumb? Seems ESPN and the BTN and other sports shows and news shows don't agree with you, because there is also no such thing as an AP Top Ten cfb ranking, yet those shows display the Top Ten teams all the time. On the BTN last night I saw them show the Top Ten of the AVCA Coaches Top 25 poll, to highlight how 5 B1G teams ranked in the Top 10, and then they followed that up by showing the rankings from #11-#20, to highlight how #20 PSU was going to rise in the rankings after beating #11 Stanford earlier in the day. The CC polls are a Top 30, women's hockey polls are a Top Ten, men's hockey polls are a Top 20 poll. Cfb coaches polls used to only be a Top 20 and were only a Top Ten poll at least one season. So no invention is needed you idiot. How do you think the Top 25 teams are determined? By the # of votes they get. So the team who finishes the season with the 26th most votes in the poll is seen more favorably than every team that got fewer votes or who got ZERO votes like is the case for Vandy almost every year of it's existence.

And what is the purpose of COLLEGE football? To produce quality PROFESSIONALS. And the B1G West does a better job of that than the SEC East.

TWO and a half times more NFL Hall of Famers, 33 to 13. lol And almost 300 more NFLers.

But since you hate pro sports so much,

TWICE as many Natl Titles
85-90% more COLLEGE fb Hall of Fame players
around 35% more Consensus All-Americans.

And historically, the seven B1G West teams have finished in the Top Ten of the EOS AP polls more times than the seven SEC East teams. SEC East has caught up a few almost completely because of Georgia, since 2014, but at this rate it won't be until the 2030s til the SEC East catches up in this stat. I'd say that is fairing pretty well in comparison.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC East starting out the day killing it. 0-3, all 3 are arguably blowouts. lol

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas A&M losing to App and Alabama squeaking by Texas is exactly why you don't take a victory lap in week 1.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is all this crap YOU'RE babbling about?
You started this with the following...

YOU said the B1G West "....fares pretty well vs the lesser of the two SEC divisions..." I merely pointed out that a) the B1G West has only been around since 2014 and b) over the span from 2014 to 2021 the B1G West is only 4-7 vs the SEC East. Is that your idea of faring well? I went to point out that if you wanted a longer span the spread only gets worse not better.

You are the KING of deflection. You picked the time frame and the divisions to talk about but when shown your error you switch to # of AP ranked teams. AP polls are NOT B1G West vs SEC East. BTW the B1G West has NOT had the same number of AP 25 teams as the SEC East since 2014!

Also, ALERT - there is NO SUCH THING AS AP TOP 30!!!
---------------there is NO SUCH THING AS AP TOP 35!!!
---------------there is NO SUCH THING AS AP TOP 40!!!
Stop inventing crap to try to support your lousy point.

Stop making mis-leading statements. Your sentence implies that the B1G West team play 1.5 out of 50+ games per year or less than 3 percent. Since 2014 the B1g West teams have played 196 OOC games including Bowls. Of the 196 games, 22 were against FCS teams, 94 were against G5 teams and only 80 were against P5 teams (including ND). That means the B1g West teams played the SEC 11 games out of 80 vs P5 teams or 13.75%.

As if that crap isn't bad enough now you want to switch to pro-football. This is about the B1G West vs the SEC East (as in COLLEGE FOOTBALL.)!!

YES you certainly know all about irrelevant history of pro-football!
Fred's dead friend is bad about deflecting when called out about the error of his/her statements.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fred's dead friend is bad about deflecting when called out about the error of his/her statements.
There was no deflection genius, as there was no error in my statements.

Just turning on your brain maybe? Did you even read what I posted? Most don't, yet most still feel compelled to opine.

It was clear that I was not talking about how the B1G faired in head to head matchups with the two divisions of the PAC, but how the B1G COMPARED to the Pac in a side by side comparison, meaning ALL the ways someone might compare how good a conference is and then compare it to another conference, so when I added that they also "faired pretty well" against the lesser of the two SEC divisions, I was obviously also meaning in a side by side comparison with them, NOT in head to head matchups.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no deflection genius, as there was no error in my statements.

Just turning on your brain maybe? Did you even read what I posted? Most don't, yet most still feel compelled to opine.

It was clear that I was not talking about how the B1G faired in head to head matchups with the two divisions of the PAC, but how the B1G COMPARED to the Pac in a side by side comparison, meaning ALL the ways someone might compare how good a conference is and then compare it to another conference, so when I added that they also "faired pretty well" against the lesser of the two SEC divisions, I was obviously also meaning in a side by side comparison with them, NOT in head to head matchups.
It was NOT clear that you were comparing head-to-head competition until you were called out on your claims. THEN you added all the extraneous stuff to try to deflect from those earlier claims. And lets just stick to the years you first based your claims on. No fair adding in Nebraska's production from the years that they weren't in the Big 10.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was NOT clear that you were comparing head-to-head competition until you were called out on your claims. THEN you added all the extraneous stuff to try to deflect from those earlier claims. And lets just stick to the years you first based your claims on. No fair adding in Nebraska's production from the years that they weren't in the Big 10.
It was clear that I was NOT referring to head to head competition. In all of my interactions with pac fb fans over the years not once did I EVER bring up head to head matchups of their conference with the B1G. So there are years of context to back me up in this regard. To be funny I brought up Oregon's head to head record vs Minnesota, in part to show how little head to head records mean. I've done the same when I bring up Minnesota's head to head record vs Nebraska. Both examples show how little that stat means.

and funny you want to exclude nebraska's production, when I was more than willing to include Missouri's production from before they joined the SEC, same with Texas AM, Arkansas and S Car.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubled checked my count of Top 25 teams and I missed Georgia in 2014, still 15 compared to 16 is still fairing pretty well over an 8 year period. If you make the comparison from 2015-2021 or from 2014-2020, then the two divisions produced the exact same # of Top 25 teams and 2015-2020 has the B1G West producing more Top 25s than the SE. No matter what time period you look at, the B1G West fairs pretty well in comparison to the SE.

Now what kind of manipulative bs are you trying to pull to claim I was being misleading? I stated THE FACT that there were only 11 inter conference games between the two divisions over that 8 year period, that is LESS THAN 1.5 games a season, I rounded up. You can't claim games don't count because they were against G5 conf teams or FCS teams, that's bullshit, especially in light of the fact that the SEC is known for playing a ton of games vs FCS and G5 conf teams. I didn't do a count, just estimated 3 ooc games per team, with 14 teams that's 42 games, then I just estimated approximately half the teams played in bowl games, probably more, that's another 7, so 49 ooc games a season X 8 seasons, that's 392 games, half of which is the 196 you claim the B1G West played, so seems my estimation was pretty spot on with the "probably more" bowl games making up for lack of ooc games in 2020.

And even with your bullsh1t way of looking at things, less than 14% is STILL just a fraction, it's not even 1 out of 7. What happens in the other 6 games DOES matter, especially when the vast majority of those matchups happened in bowl games which are almost always played in SEC territory.

Now as for my inventing something? Are you really this dumb? Seems ESPN and the BTN and other sports shows and news shows don't agree with you, because there is also no such thing as an AP Top Ten cfb ranking, yet those shows display the Top Ten teams all the time. On the BTN last night I saw them show the Top Ten of the AVCA Coaches Top 25 poll, to highlight how 5 B1G teams ranked in the Top 10, and then they followed that up by showing the rankings from #11-#20, to highlight how #20 PSU was going to rise in the rankings after beating #11 Stanford earlier in the day. The CC polls are a Top 30, women's hockey polls are a Top Ten, men's hockey polls are a Top 20 poll. Cfb coaches polls used to only be a Top 20 and were only a Top Ten poll at least one season. So no invention is needed you idiot. How do you think the Top 25 teams are determined? By the # of votes they get. So the team who finishes the season with the 26th most votes in the poll is seen more favorably than every team that got fewer votes or who got ZERO votes like is the case for Vandy almost every year of it's existence.

And what is the purpose of COLLEGE football? To produce quality PROFESSIONALS. And the B1G West does a better job of that than the SEC East.

TWO and a half times more NFL Hall of Famers, 33 to 13. lol And almost 300 more NFLers.

But since you hate pro sports so much,

TWICE as many Natl Titles
85-90% more COLLEGE fb Hall of Fame players
around 35% more Consensus All-Americans.

And historically, the seven B1G West teams have finished in the Top Ten of the EOS AP polls more times than the seven SEC East teams. SEC East has caught up a few almost completely because of Georgia, since 2014, but at this rate it won't be until the 2030s til the SEC East catches up in this stat. I'd say that is fairing pretty well in comparison.

There you go again, changing your tune. YOU bring up something and I point out what is wrong with it and then you call it bs and switch to some other tactic. What is a "side-by-side" comparison with out using a "head-to-head" comparison?

You want to say that the B1G West compares to fair well to the SEC East. Using what metric? Head to head SEC East is 7-4 vs B1G West since the B1G West started (2014). The SEC East is 13-7 vs the entire B1G Conference and the B1G West is 9-10 vs the entire SEC conference. The SEC East played 87 games vs P5 opponents and the B1G West played 80. The SEC East played 37 Ranked opponents and the B1G West played 21. The SEC East was 16-21 vs Ranked opponents and the B1G West was 4-17. The SEC East played 7 ranked teams from the B1G and was 5-2. The B1G West played 9 ranked teams vs the SEC teams and was 3-6. MORE LATER!

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go again, changing your tune. YOU bring up something and I point out what is wrong with it and then you call it bs and switch to some other tactic. What is a "side-by-side" comparison with out using a "head-to-head" comparison?

You want to say that the B1G West compares to fair well to the SEC East. Using what metric? Head to head SEC East is 7-4 vs B1G West since the B1G West started (2014). The SEC East is 13-7 vs the entire B1G Conference and the B1G West is 9-10 vs the entire SEC conference. The SEC East played 87 games vs P5 opponents and the B1G West played 80. The SEC East played 37 Ranked opponents and the B1G West played 21. The SEC East was 16-21 vs Ranked opponents and the B1G West was 4-17. The SEC East played 7 ranked teams from the B1G and was 5-2. The B1G West played 9 ranked teams vs the SEC teams and was 3-6. MORE LATER!

Hey Genius, you are so in love with and obsessed with this one and only metric of measuring teams/divs/conferences?

Fine, Minnesota is UNDEFEATED vs the SEC West, 4-0.

According to Gator's end all and be all metric the Minnesota Golden Gophers OWN THE SEC WEST!!!!!

Bama? Auburn? Arkansas? Mississippi? doesn't matter, UMn's beaten them all and NEVER been defeated by any of them.

Too limited, too small of a sample size for you?

Minnesota is 5-2 vs the current non-B1G teams in the AP Top Ten right now,
Minnesota is 22-9 vs the current non-B1G teams in the AP Top 25 right now,
Minnesota is 54-20 vs the current non-B1G teams getting votes in the AP Top 25 right now.
Minnesota is 9-1 vs non-B1G teams who got votes in the pre-season poll that dropped out.

You still think head to head matchups is THE standard by which to measure all things? lol

I could add B1G teams getting votes and that 63-21 would become 200-140-13.
I could add B1G teams getting votes & ranked #11-25 & that 200-140-13 would become 223-179-13.

Yep, you are right Gator, head to head IS the best metric since the invention of sliced bread man!!! Thanks for convincing me this metric is the end all and be all of all things, lol.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The SEC East is generally the better division. Last year or two is debatable.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Genius, you are so in love with and obsessed with this one and only metric of measuring teams/divs/conferences?

Fine, Minnesota is UNDEFEATED vs the SEC West, 4-0.

According to Gator's end all and be all metric the Minnesota Golden Gophers OWN THE SEC WEST!!!!!

Bama? Auburn? Arkansas? Mississippi? doesn't matter, UMn's beaten them all and NEVER been defeated by any of them.

Too limited, too small of a sample size for you?

Minnesota is 5-2 vs the current non-B1G teams in the AP Top Ten right now,
Minnesota is 22-9 vs the current non-B1G teams in the AP Top 25 right now,
Minnesota is 54-20 vs the current non-B1G teams getting votes in the AP Top 25 right now.
Minnesota is 9-1 vs non-B1G teams who got votes in the pre-season poll that dropped out.

You still think head to head matchups is THE standard by which to measure all things? lol

I could add B1G teams getting votes and that 63-21 would become 200-140-13.
I could add B1G teams getting votes & ranked #11-25 & that 200-140-13 would become 223-179-13.

Yep, you are right Gator, head to head IS the best metric since the invention of sliced bread man!!! Thanks for convincing me this metric is the end all and be all of all things, lol.

Nobody cares you beat the worst collection of Alabama teams in 40 years in football. It just lines up that one of the biggest wins in Minny history this half century is against one of the worst Bama teams.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody cares you beat the worst collection of Alabama teams in 40 years in football. It just lines up that one of the biggest wins in Minny history this half century is against one of the worst Bama teams.
Why would you think that was one of the biggest wins in Minny history? LOL

You are such an ignorant moron.

First of all, for almost the entire time Bud Wilkinson was at OU, Bama sucked, and every single coach inbetween Bear Bryant and Nick Saban had at least one season comparable or worse than the season the Gophers played them. Bryant had 3 such seasons and even Saban had one, his first of course.

Second, UMn won 18 games in the two seasons prior to 2004 and was ranked in the Top 25 the season before, so 2004 and getting stuck with only playing Alabama was a disappointment for Gopher fans who had expected much more going into the season. The win over Bama wouldn't rank among the Top 50 wins of the last 50 years. Even the bowl game win over Arkansas was a bigger win, at least Arkansas was ranked at the time we beat them, lol.

Third, and this doesn't surprise me one single bit. I was being sarcastic and ridiculous TO MAKE A POINT, duh.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC East is generally the better division. Last year or two is debatable.
How do you figure? 4 of the 5 worst SEC teams historically are in the East.

And the last 3 SEC teams winning Natl Titles came out of the West, right? Are not Aub, Bama and LSU all in the West?

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you think that was one of the biggest wins in Minny history? LOL

You are such an ignorant moron.

First of all, for almost the entire time Bud Wilkinson was at OU, Bama sucked, and every single coach inbetween Bear Bryant and Nick Saban had at least one season comparable or worse than the season the Gophers played them. Bryant had 3 such seasons and even Saban had one, his first of course.

Second, UMn won 18 games in the two seasons prior to 2004 and was ranked in the Top 25 the season before, so 2004 and getting stuck with only playing Alabama was a disappointment for Gopher fans who had expected much more going into the season. The win over Bama wouldn't rank among the Top 50 wins of the last 50 years. Even the bowl game win over Arkansas was a bigger win, at least Arkansas was ranked at the time we beat them, lol.

Third, and this doesn't surprise me one single bit. I was being sarcastic and ridiculous TO MAKE A POINT, duh.

I said last half century

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you figure? 4 of the 5 worst SEC teams historically are in the East.

And the last 3 SEC teams winning Natl Titles came out of the West, right? Are not Aub, Bama and LSU all in the West?

Georgia lol

Wow man.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia lol

Wow man.
No duh, Georgia, won only their 2nd Title ever, hardly evidence that the East Division is usually the better division.

I used to razz a Mizzou fan at another forum about how easy of a path his team had to get to the Conf Title game. All they needed was Georgia playing the tougher slate of West Division teams and Mizzou could slip into the title game.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least teams in the SEC have nuts to ride unlike those castrated sissy teams in the PAC and Big Ten!
Yes, it is so terrible for someone who doesn’t want their rival to win. It is the reason no one takes your rivalries seriously.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't compare the PAC and the B1G, there is no comparison. Hell, the B1G West, the clear lesser division in the B1G. has out performed BOTH divisions of the PAC and fares pretty well vs the lesser of the two SEC divisions, too, something neither division of the PAC can claim.
Talking off the top of your head again.

Since 2014 (the first year there were "B1G East and B1G West") the PAC has out performed the B1G East 13-12, which you admit is the greater of the two B1G conferences (and I quote "Hell, the B1G West, the clear lesser division in the B1G.") Ergo the PAC is better than the B1G West.