• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The difference between Cam and Russell

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's safe to say your definition and my definition of "chump" is a little different. A couple things my definition of "chump" does not include:

1. Millions (and millions) of dollars
2. Professional athlete (MVP no less).

Wait a minute. Are you this guy (because this guy can call Cam Newton a chump):

View attachment 87714

Boy, you sure put a lot of effort into taking my comment entirely out of context. Try turning off your auto-argue program. The difference between Cam's public image today and what it would have been if he played one of his top games to a win where he wouldn't have pussied out on the fumble and then sulked is profound.

Last edited:

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 in the league in points per game, #1 in the league in points per drive, #1 in the league in TD's scored. #1 in playoff points per game heading into that matchup.
Yet the Panthers only scored one TD in the Super Bowl.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer the OP about 1 foot

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can pick whoever you want and I will happily take whoever you don't pick for my team.

Both are great young QB's. Which one is better probably won't be settled once and for all for at least another decade.
Too bad the Vikings don't have a decent QB.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater is getting better. And at least you don't need to worry about Teddy acting like a clown on the field 10 times a game.
Teddy doesn't act like a clown and he isn't a very good QB either.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's safe to say your definition and my definition of "chump" is a little different. A couple things my definition of "chump" does not include:

View attachment 87714

Oh Ravenmaniac, you so funny. You still got it.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Newton negativity seems a bit overblown. I am not a big fan of his due to his excessive celebrations for no reason (fine on a TD, but on a first down?!? Really??) but he had a great year overall (still disagree that a QB with the 28th best passing percentage among qualified passers in the league should be MVP, but he was ceratinly a scoring machine in the regular season).

This was one bad game in a season of very good games for Cam. Too bad for him it was on the biggest stage and he really appeared to stop giving the effort necessary.

He plays on a team with an excellent D. He could well get another chance to win the big one, but it is a long journey ahead of him. If I was a team mate of his I would tell him directly that he had better kick, scratch, and fight for every given opportunity to help the team, and if he didn't he would certainly hear about it in a very, very vocal manner.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 87714

Wait. So we can't criticize professional athletes because they have lots of money and are professional athletes?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newton takes harder hits heading into the end zone then he would have diving for that football. Bottom line, unless he is trying to score (and make ESPN) he aint gonna try.... At least that is what his actions in this game made me think

He is the Shaun Alexander of QBs.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this going to be the new Wilson/Luck nonsense on this board? Are we going to start seeing threads made every month by Seahawks fan trying to shit on Cam to validate Wilson? This is the 3rd one in the last week already.

Sure why not? We need to discuss something and Cam/Luck/Wilson seems to be as good of a topic as any. Lord knows we've been subjected to years of Brady/Manning/Ben/Brees comparisons on these boards so why not continue the conversation with the new top crop of QB's in the NFL? And comparing Newton and Wilson is fun because they both have great QB skills but they are nearly polar opposites in just about every other aspect of their lives.

And by the way it isn't just Seahawk's fans shitting on Newton. Turn on NFL network, or go to any sports radio show, or any sports site on the internet and you will see tons of fans, players, former players and analysts going off on Cam. He's a hot topic right now because of his sourpuss antics and poor play in the SB.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure why not? We need to discuss something and Cam/Luck/Wilson seems to be as good of a topic as any. Lord knows we've been subjected to years of Brady/Manning/Ben/Brees comparisons on these boards so why not continue the conversation with the new top crop of QB's in the NFL? And comparing Newton and Wilson is fun because they both have great QB skills but they are nearly polar opposites in just about every other aspect of their lives.

And by the way it isn't just Seahawk's fans shitting on Newton. Turn on NFL network, or go to any sports radio show, or any sports site on the internet and you will see tons of fans, players, former players and analysts going off on Cam. He's a hot topic right now because of his sourpuss antics and poor play in the SB.

True but Seahawks fans are the only one shitting on him in order to validate their QB. A little bit of a difference.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but Seahawks fans are the only one shitting on him in order to validate their QB. A little bit of a difference.

Some of the Pats' fans are in on that as well. Mostly the ones arguing a couple months ago that Marsha should and would win the MVP award.

I have to give Cardinal fans credit. They aren't whiners.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. So we can't criticize professional athletes because they have lots of money and are professional athletes?

I didn't say anything about not criticizing Newton. I agree with some of the criticism. I just think many people are going way over the top with it.

Also my post had nothing to do with criticism. I just stated Homer and I have different definitions of "chump". It also wasn't mean't to be taken seriously. I mean...I posted a picture of the Dos Equis guy for god's sake.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say Cam shouldn't have tried to get the ball? he pussed out.

Well you keep saying Carolina's offense isn't that good. They weren't in that game bc of Denver's defense, you have to give the credit to Denver and not just say Carolina's offense wasn't that good. They were pretty damn good all season.