• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The difference between Cam and Russell

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? The #1 offense Carolina Panthers led by the league MVP had the ball, they were only down 6 points, there was 6 minutes left and they had all their timeouts. There are a lot of QB's who'd love to be in that situation. Denver hadn't locked up anything at that point. Some QB's just never quit. If Wilson had that attitude he would have never pulled off that miracle comeback against the Packers two years ago to get them to the SB. You play until the final whistle. Cam pussed out.

Agree 100%. I called out Matt Ryan for not going for a 1st down in a game because there was going to be a collision...he chose to punt and live for another series...they lost the game. I have to call out Cam as well...gotta make the effort.

Not sure if you were the OP or not, but I know I'm in the minority here. I have a bias...really like RW a lot as a public figure and NFL player, and Cam...eh, I like as a player, want to see a local guy do well.

They do it differently, but still play a similar type game...give me the bigger QB in this case.

Bias?...I'm 6'-3, 230 (and dropping still)

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%. I called out Matt Ryan for not going for a 1st down in a game because there was going to be a collision...he chose to punt and live for another series...they lost the game. I have to call out Cam as well...gotta make the effort.

Not sure if you were the OP or not, but I know I'm in the minority here. I have a bias...really like RW a lot as a public figure and NFL player, and Cam...eh, I like as a player, want to see a local guy do well.

They do it differently, but still play a similar type game...give me the bigger QB in this case.

Bias?...I'm 6'-3, 230 (and dropping still)

You won't catch me questioning Newton's talent, just his heart and leadership.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has to apologize for Wilson. He's right there with Rodgers as the best QB's in the league. Cannot be argued.

Oh yeah? Based on what?

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather than admit he should have gone after the ball, he came out with the terrible excuse that he was afraid of getting hurt.
It's what sets WINNERS apart from losers. The QB's that give it their all and take a hit for the team in a chance at winning and the Pussified QB's that are protected by rule changes.

dal_sbmoments_07.jpg

Last edited:

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won't catch me questioning Newton's talent, just his heart and leadership.

Interesting. Nobody in the Panthers' organization questions those things.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? The #1 offense Carolina Panthers led by the league MVP had the ball, they were only down 6 points, there was 6 minutes left and they had all their timeouts. There are a lot of QB's who'd love to be in that situation. Denver hadn't locked up anything at that point. Some QB's just never quit. If Wilson had that attitude he would have never pulled off that miracle comeback against the Packers two years ago to get them to the SB. You play until the final whistle. Cam pussed out.
First off, I didn't say he didn't puss-out. I asked why he's taking so much crap.

And the #1 offense? Show me where that is... here are the drives leading up to that fumble.

9 yards – punt
-15 yards – fumble return for td
30 yards – punt
73 yards – TD <--- this one? Is this the #1 offense? What are all the rest of those "drives"?
-2 yards – punt
40 yards – fumble
0 yards – punt
26 yards – end of half
54 yards – missed FG
52 yards – interception
3 yards – punt
29 yards – FG
7 yards – punt
-6 yards – manningeque puss-out

Sorry, but there was no #1 offense in the Superbowl. You could say two poor offenses, two great defenses, or probably a combination of both.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I didn't say he didn't puss-out. I asked why he's taking so much crap.

And the #1 offense? Show me where that is... here are the drives leading up to that fumble.

9 yards – punt
30 yards – punt
73 yards – TD <--- this one? Is this the #1 offense? What are all the rest of those "drives"?
-2 yards – punt
40 yards – fumble
0 yards – punt
26 yards – end of half
54 yards – missed FG
52 yards – interception
3 yards – punt
29 yards – FG
7 yards – punt

Sorry, but there was no #1 offense in the Superbowl. You could say two poor offenses, two great defenses, or probably a combination of both.

Of course they were the #1 offense, and it was by a lot throughout the year. They'd showed an ability to move the ball and score against some very good defenses in the playoffs already. So even though they had been getting stuffed all day it doesn't mean you basically throw the towel in with 6 minutes to go. I thought Newton was MVP for a reason. No way was that game over. At least not until Newton decided not to try for the ball and let the Broncos have it on his own 5 yard line. If Newton recovered that fumble they would have at the least been able to punt and still be only 6 points back. That is why he is taking so much crap, and rightly so IMO.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

9 yards – punt
30 yards – punt
-2 yards – punt
40 yards – fumble
0 yards – punt
26 yards – end of half
54 yards – missed FG
52 yards – interception
3 yards – punt
29 yards – FG
7 yards – punt

#1 in the league in points per game, #1 in the league in points per drive, #1 in the league in TD's scored. #1 in playoff points per game heading into that matchup.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people keep giving crap to Cam for jumping away from the ball? I think by that point in the game, everyone knew Denver was going to win. Carolina was doomed.

By they way, we have seen old man manning do this a lot since he's been in Denver. Why is he not taking any crap?
You've seen Manning not go after his fumbles a lot since he's been in Denver? Funny, I haven't seen that. I saw him dive after a couple of fumbles in the Super Bowl, one of which he got back. And once he actually got a holding penalty as he fought Brian Orakpo for a fumble.

The Cam fumble happened with over 3 minutes left, down 6. The Panthers had 3 timeouts. If Cam falls on that fumble, the Panthers punt. If they can force a 3 and out, they'll get the ball back with over 2 minutes to go, needing a touchdown to win. The only way the game ends at that point is if Denver recovers the fumble, which they did because Cam didn't go for it.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they were the #1 offense, and it was by a lot throughout the year. They'd showed an ability to move the ball and score against some very good defenses in the playoffs already. So even though they had been getting stuffed all day it doesn't mean you basically throw the towel in with 6 minutes to go. I thought Newton was MVP for a reason. No way was that game over. At least not until Newton decided not to try for the ball and let the Broncos have it on his own 5 yard line. If Newton recovered that fumble they would have at the least been able to punt and still be only 6 points back. That is why he is taking so much crap, and rightly so IMO.
Not the same offense we saw through the year. They weren't #1 by far. Didn't you see the drives? They were marginally better offensively than Denver during the SB, and Denver's offense was atrocious during the season.

Carolina's offense didn't show up. The best offense vs the best defense should result in average performance at least. We didn't even see that.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 in the league in points per game, #1 in the league in points per drive, #1 in the league in TD's scored. #1 in playoff points per game heading into that matchup.
Yup. So please highlight the drives in the game. I posted them all for your convenience.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Nobody in the Panthers' organization questions those things.
Unless you are in that locker room there is no way for you to know that. What players say to the media, and maybe even in front of other coaches is entirely different from what they say to each other and their families.

Cam quit in that game. His body language on the sidelines even showed it. His teammates will remember that. It might not come up in conversation, but they will remember when the chips were down who did, and who did not fight with every last ounce they had.

Every player on that team knows what a baby and poor sport he is. How many of them are going to risk their own injuries to protect him next year? If you don't think it will impact the play on the field you are naive.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the same offense we saw through the year. They weren't #1 by far. Didn't you see the drives? They were marginally better offensively than Denver during the SB, and Denver's offense was atrocious during the season.

Carolina's offense didn't show up. The best offense vs the best defense should result in average performance at least. We didn't even see that.

I agree they didn't show up, but they still had the NFL's best offense last year. All they needed was to put one drive together to possibly be SB champs. Maybe they still lose if Cam jumps on the fumble, but at least he would have given his team the chance to win. Maybe he just had a brain freeze at that moment, but allowing Denver to get that ball without even a fight for it was the killer blow to the Panthers.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've seen Manning not go after his fumbles a lot since he's been in Denver? Funny, I haven't seen that. ...
LOL BS! He's done it several times. I remember joking around with folks at work about it after the games (I lived in Denver for about 4 years)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

9 yards – punt
30 yards – punt
-2 yards – punt
40 yards – fumble
0 yards – punt
26 yards – end of half
54 yards – missed FG
52 yards – interception
3 yards – punt
29 yards – FG
7 yards – punt

So because Carolina's offense didn't look like their normal offense (bc of Denver's crazy good defense and pressure), then Cam shouldn't have to dive for a ball??...not really understanding your point.

The fact is with how their offense played the whole season they still have a shot to score a TD if they stop Denver