• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Diehard Pregame Breakdown: WVU vs Kentucky

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing about this new layout is that the ignore list actually works now!!!
Let's go Mounties, turn them Wildcats into pussycats!!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DCWV4life---since you are in my neck of the woods--you are welcome to travel to Manassas and watch the game with me. 65 inch Ultra HD 4k TV, a fridge full of beer, lots of liquer, and a pass out room chilled to 64 degrees to eliminate the bed spins. LoL

Thanks for the offer, funny my gift to myself when we had our son was the same TV.....can you even watch your other TV's now....these things are amazing.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something is wrong. All of the talking heads on TV and radio have repeatedly mentioned UK is ranked in the 200's in defensive rebounding. When I go to NCAA.com… I see the numbers quite differently. But, I cannot imagine every single talking head could be that wrong.

They repeatedly talk about WVU's offensive rebounding excellence vs UK defensive rebounding problems, and how this could be a huge advantage for WVU.

Not sure.....of the games I have watched them play this year...maybe 10 or so it never seemed to be a glaring issue. In the two games I saw that were close Ville(8pts) and Ole Miss(OT) it did not stick out...Ole Miss shot like 50% from the floor that night and the Ville played them in front of 22,000.

They are young, maybe they are listening to everyone say they are going to crush us and we can surprise them.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I haven't watched UK play an entire game all season. All of the hype over them this year was too big of a turn off for me.

If WVU's pressure is effective early, I like their chances to win. UK is dealing with a whole lot more stress to keep winning...to go undefeated...to receive their crown as the best college team ever. Mentally, the press may wear them down in ways that are unexpected.

Let the media keep focusing on the press...let their coaches keep focusing on the press...let the press force their minds to go quick...

Then we'll see how they handle everything...

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly believe that if anyone has a shot against UK, We do: NOW.

We are peaking, and comparing Kentucky to themselves (not others), they have not been playing as well as earlier when they played UCLA and Kansas and dominated them. They are capable of overlooking us with their eyes on an assumed Final Four appearance. Kentucky has better talent but they've not had to struggle often. They are susceptible, like the UNLV team of the early 90's, to not knowing how to win a tightly contested game.

We either lose by 30 or win by 3-5 points max. I don't see a close loss in our future against UK. It'll depend on how we are shooting... can we spread out the Kentucky D enough to open driving lanes to drive and kick. Making shots opens up our press game.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If WV can shoot 50% from the field, they will win this game.--That may be what it takes. I am getting the Sweet 16 fever. Cold sweats, hot flashes, listless sleep---the kind of shit that happens when I get in the car at 2AM and start driving to Cleveland. My ticket is waiting on me and my hotel room. In an effort to prevent a Divorce, I am trying not to give in to the temptation. It is hard.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proud of my boy Daxter Miles Jr. for tweeting his feelings about tomorrow night's game. Nothing like giving UK some locker room material the day before the game.

Just gotta go out there and back up your words with some great play!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how I feel about the trash talk stuff, no reason to motivate a great team.

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was said earlier in the thread - WV must play near perfect ball.
They can't miss the open shots and have to hit the freethrows - a few 3's couldn't hurt.
They MUST control the boards - preferably on both ends of the floor.

The REAL key will be the officiating. Will they let WV play their game. If yes, we have a chance.
If no - Kentucky will kill us from the line and our starters will be in foul trouble the whole game.
My gut tells me that the officials will not let WV beat up on the Golden Boys of Kentuck'.

We shall see.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK players talking about Miles' tweets is hilarious… saying now its personal.

Looks like Miles got in their heads already.

Can't wait to see how mentally tough this UK team is tonight.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard many sportscasters say that Kentucky would make the NBA playoffs if they were there, or at least be able to beat some of the weaker teams in the league. They are projected to have 5 players drafted into the NBA this year vs our Zero. We should have zero chance of winning this game. We can only hope.

Staten could vault himself into the draft with a great performance to beat Kentucky. He could be this years Shabazz Napier. My big worry about this game is letting Kentucky get on a run. If they can muster a 10 point lead, they will win running away. We need to keep it close and ugly. Staten will need to be the man tonight.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun game for us. We have zero to lose and we are playing with house money at this point.
If we win we become the biggest story in College BB and if we get crushed well...... Won't be the first time :lol:.

UK has had a fantastic year and don't want to take anything away from that but that said I also just don't like how we matchup with them and the tourney is almost always about matchups.

Either way, proud of our Mounties this year and can't wait to watch this one.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB --tell Gold Rusher about that match up BS. I agree, the match ups are a nightmare for us but what does that really mean especially if you turn them over and limit the half court possessions? I know this much, if WV were to win, a big IF, then they would forever be in rare air and hated by Kentucky fans worse than Christian Lattiner ever was. You just couldn't ask to be in a better position for this game. You have absolutely NOTHING to lose and everything to gain. Let's make it a Backyard Brawl and see if we can get a last second shot to beat these arrogant pricks. As for Miles, Jr.,. fire 'em up. We need to do everything possible to get them out of their element of comfort. The press and shit talking are two good first steps!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have consistently posted the only team WVU would have a match up issue with is UK.

That being said, UK has the weight of Big Blue Nation on them tonight. An undefeated season… a NC… the best team of all time recognition…

WVU is playing to advance to the Elite 8.

As I have said… every team has a weakness. WVU has to exploit the weakness of UK.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed, win or lose tonight, this season has been a good one, who thought we would be in the sweet 16 when this season began? This team has beat expectations in every respect this year, I am proud of the kids, and Huggins has done a great job with less talent than a lot of the teams weve played. We have even outperformed our seed in the tourney.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see WV doing anything differently than they have been doing. They are going to press Kentucky, play man to man, and try to make them as uncomfortable as possible. They may throw in a few zone possessions but not many if at all.
They aren't going to change the style of play that has gotten them this far.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 fouls on WVU in the first 4 1/2 minutes...........REALLY??????? If they continue to call like that, we stand no chance

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking refs, there WAS NO FOUL THERE, UK doesnt need that kind of help.. BULLSHIT CALL

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky can maul our guys, but they are calling ticky tack shit on WVU,

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2