• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The decline of Murray

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is done I think. I don't think he will ever be back like before, after back surgery. Going down tamely to Djoko.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen a lot of people say a lot of silly things about Murray, and then have to reverse it later.

HS, you were one who used to say Murray would never win a major, if I remember correctly.

I used to say negative things about JMDP, but he proved me otherwise as well.

It's tennis. It's too early to say that a player in his mid 20s with majors under his belt is in decline.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you need to give him another year before we can start saying that. I expected a down year after surgery. Maybe even by US Open time he will be playing better. He wont beat the top 10 players for a while.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I know you guys like Murray. Never liked him so its more than likely that I would be the first to jump the gun. He won Wimby already putting to rest many restless British souls. He has already accomplished something amazing, and that tends to put a man at ease and give him a sense of fulfilment (which is counter effective against success). You have to be hungry. Nadal is hungry, and has already overachieved with his brand of tennis. Djoko is hungry. Wawrinka got a taste at a late age and he also has a fulfilled state. Hence his predictable slump.

The back injury and surgery will do Murray in I think. Hungrier guys like Raonic and Dimitrov are coming up. His place will be filled. Tennis writers will keep including him in the "big Four" but I really don't think that is the case anymore.

Where is Seb? He will probably be getting his gun out to shoot me.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do need a big four in tennis and that is the healthiest thing that has happened. It always used to be a big two before. I like Dimitrov.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matchpoint Djoko.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not getting better for him. He got routined by Fognini today in what would have been the Davis Cup tie clincher. Instead, Ward's down 2 sets to Seppi and the Great Britain's done.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's cooked. I don't expect him to play good tennis until Wimbledon

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a few months from now, murray will be much higher in the rankings. it's virtually impossible for him to lose points this clay season.

after wimbledon, he'll rise even higher.

i'll love to keep bumping this thread.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a few months from now, murray will be much higher in the rankings. it's virtually impossible for him to lose points this clay season.

after wimbledon, he'll rise even higher.

i'll love to keep bumping this thread.

Do you understand how the point system works? He can't go up in points after Wimbledon. Right now, he's #8 over the past 12 months and #11 in 2014. He could (should?) definitely gain enough points to climb back to #6 before Wimbledon, but unless he defends his title, it's tough to see him passing the top five anytime soon.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you understand how the point system works? He can't go up in points after Wimbledon. Right now, he's #8 over the past 12 months and #11 in 2014. He could (should?) definitely gain enough points to climb back to #6 before Wimbledon, but unless he defends his title, it's tough to see him passing the top five anytime soon.

there are 4 months of tournament after wimbledon, most of which murray didn't play last year due to injury. if he plays anything near a full schedule after wimbledon, he's going to gain a lot of points.

you win for most ironic username.

keep blathering, child. you're amusing.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i expect dilettantes who are obviously couch potato fatasses to proclaim a guy who has won 2 majors in the last couple of years "done."

i'm surprised at you, though, hs. you're active, you know a lot about the game, and you play it. lol.

why do you dislike him so much?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are 4 months of tournament after wimbledon, most of which murray didn't play last year due to injury. if he plays anything near a full schedule after wimbledon, he's going to gain a lot of points.

you win for most ironic username.

keep blathering, child. you're amusing.

When you say "he's going to go up further after Wimbledon," I read that as "hes going to go up further at the completion of Wimbledon." Even if he makes the semifinals at Wimbledon, in order to get more points by the start of the US Open, he'd have to win either Canada or Cincy and make the other semi. That seems fairly unlikely. I don't know why you wouldn't just say "he's going to go up further after the US Open."

He may gain points in the fall. We'll have to see. My hunch is he finishes the year at #6. Maybe he can catch Berdy or Stan, but he isn't in good form right now, he's gonna likely draw Nadal or Nole in at least one GS quarter, and he's already 1,000 points behind the top 5.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look guys, in my eyes, if Murray wants to be part of the big four again, he needs to do two things:
1. Not lose to nobodies.
2. Beat two of the top four, Nadal, Djoko, Fed etc.

I was hoping Stan was the one to replace him in the big four club but alas!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look guys, in my eyes, if Murray wants to be part of the big four again, he needs to do two things:
1. Not lose to nobodies.
2. Beat two of the top four, Nadal, Djoko, Fed etc.

I was hoping Stan was the one to replace him in the big four club but alas!

Says the person who said Murray would never win a major.

Murray is going to make the top 4 again very easily before the year's out.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Stan is that bad?

I like Wawrinka a lot, but he's not consistent enough to remain a top 5 player.

Overjoyed that he won a major, though, and he might be able to get to another final in the next couple of years.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I know you guys like Murray. Never liked him so its more than likely that I would be the first to jump the gun. He won Wimby already putting to rest many restless British souls. He has already accomplished something amazing, and that tends to put a man at ease and give him a sense of fulfilment (which is counter effective against success). You have to be hungry. Nadal is hungry, and has already overachieved with his brand of tennis. Djoko is hungry. Wawrinka got a taste at a late age and he also has a fulfilled state. Hence his predictable slump.

The back injury and surgery will do Murray in I think. Hungrier guys like Raonic and Dimitrov are coming up. His place will be filled. Tennis writers will keep including him in the "big Four" but I really don't think that is the case anymore.

Where is Seb? He will probably be getting his gun out to shoot me.

I'm sorry but I just can't get over how stupid this entire post is. You are trying to seem intelligent but you simply come off as a person who can't quite use words in the proper context. And wtf is Wimby?