• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Death of the Yankees

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many are surprised but no one should be. What we've seen this year is what everyone should expect. We're looking at a team that is old , expensive and has very little talent. The argument can EASILY be made they do not have a legit star in the organization. Years and years of ignoring their scouting/drafting is now costing them everything. These are the Yankees of old. They have not one single prospect any organization out there wants in any deal. Think about that. They have contracts with guys like Teixeira and Arod that are killing them. I love McCann but he doesn't look like he's cut out for NY. As bad as it is they aren't near the bottom yet. Next year will be worse and it will con't until someone in that organization begins to pay attention to the fact they have no one on the way or anyone they can use in a trade. This past trade deadline proved my point. The latest BS "metric" horseshit claims the Yanks have a 3.7 % chance of making the postseason. They overrated it by 3.7%. Be ready Yankee fans becuz there are some dark days ahead. The biggest weakness in that organization is to acknowledge they're a mess. It will take quite sometime before Hal steps up and says it out loud and starts the makeover. 1st order of business is to fire Cashman and then start spending money developing players like the rest of the world does.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is surprised...

As stated in other posts, they have accepted the fact that they are stuck with multiple bad contracts. They know they cannot get under the Luxury Tax line for a few year, so they are operating as if those albatrosses are not there (IMO).

I think the Ellsbury & Tanaka deals are good contracts that wil pay off (McCann, not so much)... With the loss of Jeter & Kuroda after this season, they'll be able to grab another front line starter. Then hope again for a lot of luck.

They will be so glad when CC, Arod & Tex are gone...

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is surprised...

As stated in other posts, they have accepted the fact that they are stuck with multiple bad contracts. They know they cannot get under the Luxury Tax line for a few year, so they are operating as if those albatrosses are not there (IMO).

I think the Ellsbury & Tanaka deals are good contracts that wil pay off (McCann, not so much)... With the loss of Jeter & Kuroda after this season, they'll be able to grab another front line starter. Then hope again for a lot of luck.

They will be so glad when CC, Arod & Tex are gone...

the problem is CC , Tex and Arod are here for quite a while yet at an incredible cost. Tanaka may be a good deal but it's too early. I would bet he has a 50/50 chance of TJ surgery before this season is over. That happens and they are really hurtin'. They have tried to sell everyone on getting under the luxury tax but we all know that will never happen. It just seems by now they would have learned what everyone else has figured out - scout , sign the best players available and develop them. It pays off forever and the luxury tax isn't an issue. But not the Yanks , they gotta spend like drunk sailors thinking it's the answer to everything. I look at the garbage they've spent money on over the last couple yrs just to plug a leak and it's embarrassing.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this at a time that everyone considers way too early: next yr they are a last place team in the East. Anything better than that should be considered a success.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the yankees are very old. and dont have any prospects. We just need to suffer now till we get some prospects. we had a hell of a run tho

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for ARod to get back. He will rejuvenate the team and you will see what a formidable force the Yankees will be. It won't be a down year, it'll be one of the greatest seasons ever seen.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for ARod to get back. He will rejuvenate the team and you will see what a formidable force the Yankees will be. It won't be a down year, it'll be one of the greatest seasons ever seen.
WOW

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised at all.........The Yankees have gotten old as a team and when they sign new players.....They sign old ones......

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be worse.....We could be the Mets

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the stars are coming together for Mr Tulo

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that they'll necessarily be World Series contenders but I think things look good for 2015. I could see Arod and Sabathia really benefiting from missing 2014 and I think it's probable they get better production out of C, SS, 3B, CF, RF, and possibly DH next season. Their rotation is terrible outside of Tanaka but they'll almost certainly sign a top of the rotation starter.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No by that I mean a team who didn't win at least 80 games since 2008. The Mets season never play meaningful games in September. At least when the Yankees miss the playoffs we are playing meaningful games in mid & late September and also finishing with 85 wins or more usually

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Yankees will be just fine once they get A-Roid back!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No by that I mean a team who didn't win at least 80 games since 2008. The Mets season never play meaningful games in September. At least when the Yankees miss the playoffs we are playing meaningful games in mid & late September and also finishing with 85 wins or more usually

Psshh, September is football season.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By that do you mean you could have an amazing pitching staff and a plethora of quality prospects? Or many manageable short term contracts?

Amazing pitching staff?

Matt Harvey was pitching well last year before Tommy John surgery but let's not get carried away.