• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Curse of Oak Island

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First couple of episodes had me rolling my eyes plenty but now I'm hooked. Anyone else watching it? Premier of Season 2 is tonight.

I'm loving this show.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one's watching? :noidea: Got a new episode on the DVR last night and about to watch it now.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be watching it now...

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've got bits and pieces of it, pretty interesting stuff...wonder if any of it is not staged :noidea:

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched about 5 episodes last season but thought it was a hoax of some sort

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oak Island Money Pit - The Last Great Unsolved Mystery

Good read on the history of the Money Pit and Oak Island.

I love that show. It is one of the last great treasure hunts that is still going on. Most treasure hunters know what they are hunting, just not where it is. In this instance, they know where to look (generally speaking meaning that island) but they don't know what it is they will find and that is what really intrigues me.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've got bits and pieces of it, pretty interesting stuff...wonder if any of it is not staged :noidea:

I watched about 5 episodes last season but thought it was a hoax of some sort

I guess I love to hate it. The acting is atrocious and the whole "ark of the covenant" and other such fantastic bullshit is laughable but it's still interesting.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of you guys think that finding that coin was real? I sure don't. That was fake as hell. So you mean to tell me there just happened to be one ancient Spanish coin right where they looked in the swamp but nothing else? Right.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen most of both seasons. It's worth a watch if nothing else is on if for no other reason than there's enough stuff going on that there HAS to be something to Oak Island. But in typical modern day History Channel fashion, they can't resist including outlandish theories about Masons, Holy Grail, BC expeditions, and other bullshit. I'm waiting for the episode where its revealed Oak Island was an underground alien docking station.

It's also kind of annoying that they have only about 15 mins of film but just repeat the same shit over and over for an hour. I don't need to hear about "the curse" every 5 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I love to hate it. The acting is atrocious and the whole "ark of the covenant" and other such fantastic bullshit is laughable but it's still interesting.

yeah i mean, the whole mystery of oak island thing is pretty fascinating...but some of the stuff on the show is just way over the top, i always forget when it is on though, so i havent seen but maybe 10 minutes of season 2, watched a good amount of season 1.

As for the coin, i didn't see it, but they have to plant little knick knacks here and there to keep people watching so they get signed on for season 3...The History Channel, they are the ones providing the property owners the payday, not whatever is buried out there

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen most of both seasons. It's worth a watch if nothing else is on if for no other reason than there's enough stuff going on that there HAS to be something to Oak Island. But in typical modern day History Channel fashion, they can't resist including outlandish theories about Masons, Holy Grail, BC expeditions, and other bullshit. I'm waiting for the episode where its revealed Oak Island was an underground alien docking station.

It's also kind of annoying that they have only about 15 mins of film but just repeat the same shit over and over for an hour. I don't need to hear about "the curse" every 5 minutes.

if Giorgio makes a guest appearance, it will be complete

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This, precisely. :nod:

And I love that somehow by them preceding each outrageous statement with "and some people even say that..." it makes it true.

I got interrupted about halfway through last week's episode and have this week to catch up on.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got caught up and I'm still intrigued but really getting tired of the bullshit.

For instance, fabricating the drill tipping over when it wasn't even up yet? Weak sauce.

Also, this J. Hutton Pulitzer: Somebody explain to me. Are we really supposed to believe that he takes them out to the woods 50 miles away to search for something the size of a dinner plate, they no sooner walk 50 ft and they find it? He didn't know that was there already? What made him think it was? Why there? Why didn't he just go find it himself? I call bullshit.

Are you guys noticing that the older brother (Rick?) is starting to act less than enthusiastic when around his brother?

Lastly, the coins. Everywhere they look are ancient coins. Because people back then tossed coins on the ground everywhere they went. Ancient coins right on the surface of the beach. Metal coins that haven't corroded after being in salt water. Calling bullshit on that too.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFBsOQdQNro]Oak Island Money Pit Mystery Resolved - YouTube[/ame]

According to this guy "No one built that structure like that. It is just a ship fallen down in sinkhole."

Last edited by a moderator:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got caught up and I'm still intrigued but really getting tired of the bullshit.

For instance, fabricating the drill tipping over when it wasn't even up yet? Weak sauce.

Also, this J. Hutton Pulitzer: Somebody explain to me. Are we really supposed to believe that he takes them out to the woods 50 miles away to search for something the size of a dinner plate, they no sooner walk 50 ft and they find it? He didn't know that was there already? What made him think it was? Why there? Why didn't he just go find it himself? I call bullshit.

Are you guys noticing that the older brother (Rick?) is starting to act less than enthusiastic when around his brother?

Lastly, the coins. Everywhere they look are ancient coins. Because people back then tossed coins on the ground everywhere they went. Ancient coins right on the surface of the beach. Metal coins that haven't corroded after being in salt water. Calling bullshit on that too.

I have a lot of the same doubts as you but I guess I'm trying to keep an open mind about the whole thing. My wife has the same "love to hate it" feeling as you, she thinks it's mostly a buncha bullshit but, like me, she can't stop watching it. The anticipation of whether they find anything there or not is killing me, makes me want to grab a shovel and go help the bastards.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First couple of episodes had me rolling my eyes plenty but now I'm hooked. Anyone else watching it? Premier of Season 2 is tonight.

I'm loving this show.

What is this voodoo that you speak of?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first coin they found is plausible. If there was activity on the island, its not uncommon for a coin to be dropped by a person. Just comb beaches today. People lose shit all the time. But the key is it was buried, not on the surface. On the most recent episode, they found 2 coins that were essentially just under a rock. That's bullshit. If they'd been there for 300 years, a few inches of sediment would have to bury them, much like the first coin.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watching the new season?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, pretty sure its already over. They wasted alot of time this year. each commercial break is followed by what just happened before the commercial. They found some smelly wood, some voids, then never kept going. They found a shaft that might have led them to the money pit and stopped before even seeing which side the box was made on, or if it was just a ten foot length of a shaft that was buried again. They you figure they finally got a diver down thru the 27 inch, he does not see the post, does not see the box, does not see the body, claims its a natural formation and now they want to pump it out to see for good. Seems they could have just pumped it to begin with.

their plan when they finally dig the money pit is to freeze the ground around the hole so it wont collapse and it wont allow any tunnel flooding, but they are waiting for the summer to do that. Why not do it in the winter when the ground is already frozen?

I dont know, its still a good show, still think of the possibilities, agreeing it was two islands and all the dirt that was excavated for the dig was used to fill the triangle, but it sure seems like they could be moving a whole lot quicker.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watching the new season?

I did. They wasted a entire season and only did anything worthwhile in the last 30 minutes of the last episode. And really all they found was enough oddities (maybe not natural formations?) that they needed to continue. So they decided to finally do what they should have done from the very start, dig a GIANT FUCKING HOLE at the money pit. They claim they'll do it but they'll probably just drag that shit out all next year.

There's no reason to watch. All the theories have been explained and there's no new evidence. They just drag on and on and on with the same shit. Since they film months in advance, if they find anything, it'll be on the news.