• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Champ wont be here for WM

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Acorrding to PWInsider John Cena has a torn rotator cuff and wont be able to wrestle for about 6-9 months. Basically it's the same injury that Randy Orton currently has. Obviously the Taker-Cena match at WM is off in addition to other things they had planned.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a HUGE blow to the WWE and to Roman especially because it gives the IWC more change to focus on Roman's flaws because he is the #1 face in the company and no close #2

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they've put themselves in a position to use Roman to their advantage if Cena is out. They could completely squander it at the Royal Rumble though...this is WWE, after all.

Cena not being available will put more pressure on lesser guys than Roman. T

After the streak ended, a Taker match isn't what it used to be. I barely care.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a HUGE blow to the WWE and to Roman especially because it gives the IWC more change to focus on Roman's flaws because he is the #1 face in the company and no close #2

IWC....three letters I loathe. I swear the W stands for Whiners.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best thing that could happen to WWE. Now they have no choice but to focus on making new stars. They'll be better for this in the long run

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best thing that could happen to WWE. Now they have no choice but to focus on making new stars. They'll be better for this in the long run

IMO There is one person neh Hero we can trust.....................

Quick to the Lucha light............................

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
4 of their 5 biggest full time stars are out (Cena, Orton, Bryan and Rollins). Cesaro doesn't get booked like a star but he's easily one of their top in in ring performers. WM's going to be part timers and semi-retired legends. I'm not the biggest Cena fan but this is a killer in terms of star power. It's Roman then everyone else now

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I really think this is the time to pull the trigger on a Wyatt face turn and give him a huge push up the card. I know they don't want anyone with natural charisma and mystique as a threat to Roman but they need a main event caliber face and Bray would be over huge with one well timed promo. Also make AJ Styles a big deal when he debuts. He can easily slide into the Punk/Bryan role as a workhorse main eventer/iwc favorite.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that the WWE is extremely pissed the stories about Styles and the Japan deal got out before the rumble. They were expecting a huge surprise entry list. Cena already took himself out of the picture, it did not seem feasible to turn Dallas into his 16th victory anymore anyway.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a total disaster for the WWE. All the Cena haters will talk about the opportunity for the New guys, but they will be the only ones watching. Ratings were already in the toilet and the toilet just got flushed. That said, the WWE could build up a few guys, if done properly, and Cena returning at SS and building to tying/breaking Flairs record at WM 33 is almost a given

Last edited:

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this is in no way good for the WWE. I get that they can and should see it as a challenge to elevate some new guys, but WM needs John Cena...hate him or love him. I waver on Cena myself, but there have been plenty of PPVs where his match was the only one (or one of the only ones) remotely interesting.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I read that the WWE is extremely pissed the stories about Styles and the Japan deal got out before the rumble. They were expecting a huge surprise entry list. Cena already took himself out of the picture, it did not seem feasible to turn Dallas into his 16th victory anymore anyway.
I've read that too but I don't know how WWE expected this one not to get out. They weren't leaving Indies. They left the second biggest wrestling promotion on earth. Somewhere on the trail that info gets leaked. I think in the end the leak helps (even if it wasn't WWE endorsed). There's such a buzz around all of the performers now that whatever their debut losses in surprise in gained in hype

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering HHH gave the go ahead to run the rumors on WWE.com and they have Finn Balor talking about them by name and referencing them on twitter they don't seem too disappointed.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I use to really dislike Cena the wrestler. As he was constantly pushed down our throats and you all know the reason for the Cena haters that I don't need to reiterate.

But now, I really don't mind him. Maybe its because the new Cena V2.0 is in Reigns, and quiet frankly Reigns is worse than what Cena was in the beginning for his original push.

But it's funny, after a decade + you just accept the fact of what Cena's character is, and it becomes part of the business and its history. Guarantee you, when Cena returns, there will be huge pops and probably less of the Cena Sucks/Lets go Cena chants. Because I think when he does return, the WWE Universe will somewhat finally accept Cena as what he is and respect his character.

Especially since I bet by the time he returns the original cena haters will be full blown tired of Reigns.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love his gimmick or hate it, people paid money to cheer or boo him. Wyatt is about the only guy who could do a storyline right now with anybody and draw money.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kalisto is the new US Champion?? Just read that. Had to read it twice. Can't really see Kalisto defending a title at WM.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kalisto is the new US Champion?? Just read that. Had to read it twice. Can't really see Kalisto defending a title at WM.

Yep. He won it. It's a long time till WM though

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lu-cha, Lu-cha, Lu-cha

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lu-cha, Lu-cha, Lu-cha

I love the Lucha Dragons and Luchadors in general, but as a stand alone belt-holder, Kalisto doesn't have much identity beyond that. Fine for tag teams...but as US Champ? I assume he loses the belt very soon.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Lucha Dragons and Luchadors in general, but as a stand alone belt-holder, Kalisto doesn't have much identity beyond that. Fine for tag teams...but as US Champ? I assume he loses the belt very soon.

I don't know about that. WWE is trying hard to appeal to the Spanish speaking market and increase rating there so ADR and Kalisto could fight over the US belt until WM and beyond with 'El Generico" getting involved.