• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final Big Board (2019 Class)

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Nebraska pretty much had the early signing day go as planned but still have about 4-5 spots left (yes they could sign up to 30 (i think they hit 28-29). So who do they have left to get?

First - Desmond Bland (3-Star, OC) JUCO - Bland is a current commit and will sign in February if everything checks out with academics... that's an if at the moment. He might visit FSU in January as well.

1. Steven Parker (4-Star, OLB) - Late add on the radar, long time Texas Tech commit that decommitted early in December. Parker visited Nebraska in the first visit weekend and has since looked at Kansas. Texas Tech, with a new coaching staff, is still on him as well. Nebraska will try to sew this up asap. I would say Nebraska leads slightly right now but new offers late in the process could throw a wrench into things.

2. Matthew Pola-Mao (3-Star, DT) - Pola-Gates cousin was in line to be a high 4-star DT before injuries got in the way, along with questions about effort. But Nebraska feels good about his effort and thinks they can help him with the injury bug. USC is the only other threat as his brother currently plays safety there.

3. Charles Njoku (3-Star, WR) - Down to Nebraska and UCLA... things could move quickly. Both UCLA and Nebraska are playing the limited spots angle. Nebraska likely goes in home with Njoku early this week and if he's not N, could move right on to Houston without looking back.

4. Demariyon Houston (3-Star, WR) - Houston had a great visit and has some options. I'm not convinced Nebraska would take both Houston and Njoku but they might.

5. John Bivens (3-Star, RB) - Bivens was a four star caliber athlete prior to tearing all of his ligaments in his knee during his Junior season, he took his senior year off for rehab and getting ready for college. So the talent is there, but the break in play with a repaired knee could scare teams off. Nebraska likes it's haul at RB right now and thinks if Bivens can get back into his 4-star form he could be a steal. Bivens seems a bit on the outside looking in right now, but if he is deemed one of the best left available they will take him.

6. Dylan Jordan (3-Star, OLB) - Jordan seems to be a TCU lean but he's obviously a back up to Steven Parker. Will visit soon.

7. Jamel Starks (3-Star, DB) - Things probably depend a bit on what happens with Pola-Gates in this realm but Starks might have a spot regardless. Nebraska likes his athleticism and range and versatility in the back end to play multiple positions.

8. Eugene Asante (3-Star, OLB) - Asante is the younger brother of former Husker Larry Asante and his brother is pushing him hard to consider the Huskers. However, Va Tech has been along longer and he almost committed and signed with them in December, but he didn't. Asante is on the outside looking in as far as priority goes, but depending on what happens with Parker we could see Larry's younger brother in town for the final visit weekend.

9. Soni Fonua (3-Star, OLB) JUCO - Recently visited and Nebraska actually likes him as an OLB recruit but he may not have a spot. Fonua loved his visit to Lincoln, so again, keep an eye on numbers come signing day.

Names to Note: Michael Lockhart, Lolani Longi, Kenny Logan, Shae Suiaunoa, Renato Brown, Tavian Mayo, Brieon Fuller

Last edited:

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can take 4-5 of those guys... I think the coaching staff would want it to look like this:

Noa Pola-Gates
Matthew Pola-Mao
Charles Njoku
Brandon Mack
John Bivens

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update to the Big Board (this could look fluid as we get into January, I'll try to keep it updated). Merry Christmas... here's what I think they want to take from the list above:

Noa Pola-Gates
Matthew Pola-Mao
Charles Njoku
Steven Parker/Brandon Mack
Best available: Bivens or Asante probable

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small update as things get a bit murkier ahead of the january recruiting period. Mack is off the board from what i've heard, he is not longer going to visit and is likely going to go to Ole Miss. That's part of the reason other names have come forward. Steven Parker, Eugene Asante, Lolani Langi, and Dylan Jordan have all popped up on Nebraska's radar within recent weeks. Nebraska is looking for 1, maybe 2, OLB types in the final period. I think, and I'm not sure, but I think the order I have the OLBs listed are the preference of the staff.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack committed to ole miss today

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mills was arrested for failure to appear in court for driving on a suspended license, a felony. Not looking real good for him

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mills was arrested for failure to appear in court for driving on a suspended license, a felony. Not looking real good for him

Dedrick Mills Mugshot | 12/14/18 Georgia Arrest

He is from Waycross, GA.

I did not know driving on a suspended license was a felony.

First of all, to have a suspended license you need traffic tickets, don't you? I have never had a suspended license, and my last traffic ticket was quite some time ago, because I cannot remember the year.

Not sure on this one now, common sense seems to be lacking and making bad choices seems to be a habit.

An Alpharetta Traffic Violation Attorney Explains the Serious Consequences of Driving on a Suspended License in Georgia

Last edited:

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't afford to have him on the team. I'm sorry but there are players who are working very heard for a spot and not screwing up. Time to grow up wish him the best.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mills got probation, muss not have been a felony as it was reported by some guy on the internet

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah good for Mills and I absolutely retract my statement of moving on from him. I thought he had a felony charge or something...

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rahmir Johnson will be a very good RB if Dedrick does not work out,

Sure, Rahmir is not 22 years of age, but he is a stud on the field.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mills issue was a lack of responsibility for showing up at court, that will be resolved. Once it is, he'll be in Lincoln IMO. Good thing too, because he's a good back

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does ol Wyatt fit in the mix I like his hard head running

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mills issue was a lack of responsibility for showing up at court, that will be resolved. Once it is, he'll be in Lincoln IMO. Good thing too, because he's a good back
I’m all for the guy coming on board, how does this work with juco’s since he didn’t sign in Dec. ? Corch is on record stating he only wants juco’s that can enroll early
We could have our own version of thunder and lightning at RB, pretty excited to see the new fish necks year

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB (and probably WR) is probably an easier position to come in the fall. Didn't Washington start in the fall?

U want OL or D players to get here in January so they can do the work to clearly start. WR and RB can be inserted on plays they know but those others u don't want to sub as freely.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m all for the guy coming on board, how does this work with juco’s since he didn’t sign in Dec. ? Corch is on record stating he only wants juco’s that can enroll early
We could have our own version of thunder and lightning at RB, pretty excited to see the new fish necks year

He can sign at any time, Mills has until January 14 to get it all done so he can enroll for spring semester.

Academic Calendar 2018-2019 | Office of the University Registrar

Jan 14, Last day for full semester course registrations and adds including adds of thesis or dissertation credits (Census Date)

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few players this list having confirmed that they are visiting at some point in january (however, visits always change...)

Matthew Pola-Mao
Dylan Jordan
Steven Parker
Charles Njoku
Michael Lockhart
Soni Fanue
Eugene Asante

I doubt all of these guys visit by the way. Stay tuned tomorrow for a visit update for this weekend.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I saw something on Fonua for this weekend

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36