• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Case for trading Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Raiders would rather have Minshew than JF.......??

Teams in top 13 needing qbs after NE:

NYG are 50/50,notsurethey go that route after signing Jones to a huge contract....
Minn
Den
LA

Atl just landed their qb,Atl should be a big player in trading down now......We trade down from 9,we wont get much......I think we better keep it.

LA may use Gardner as their qb along with Garropolo for another season....
That leaves Minnesota or Den left for the trade up to 8 or Fields.....
One of those teams will be taking Atls no.8.......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.....but you gotta ask who would you rather have.....I wouldve thought JF.
JF will come cheap,very cheap by the way things look......
Couldn't agree with you more, but whereas there would have been a decision to make regarding any possible long term (and expensive) contract with Fields, the Raiders are obviously using Minshew as a bridge, hence just the two year deal. I'm guessing they plan on taking a QB in this draft. It's likely that top 4 QBs will be gone by the time they pick at #13. But somone like Nix or Penix should still be on the board.

Don't misunderstand anything I've said today regarding Justin. I was and remain pro-trading him, but shit, if there isn't a decent market, then don't just give him away for a ham sandwich. I'm 100% for hanging onto him unless a bonafide offer is tendered.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Raiders would rather have Minshew than JF.......??

Teams in top 13 needing qbs after NE:

NYG are 50/50,notsurethey go that route after signing Jones to a huge contract....
Minn
Den
LA

Atl just landed their qb,Atl should be a big player in trading down now......We trade down from 9,we wont get much......I think we better keep it.

LA may use Gardner as their qb along with Garropolo for another season....
That leaves Minnesota or Den left for the trade up to 8 or Fields.....
One of those teams will be taking Atls no.8.......
Hiring Getsy meant they would not trade for him.

Jimmy G is going to be released.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for Plan B:
- Start Justin Fields and let your rookie QB sit and learn.
- Fields is still a more than capable starter in this league and is a better starting option for next season vs any of the rookies in this class.
- If Fields keep up play like he did towards the back of the 2023 season + he will be playing with a better roster, 1 good season and we'll be good to sell for next off-season. Or even trade Caleb (if we love Fields) for a good haul

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.....but you gotta ask who would you rather have.....I wouldve thought JF.
JF will come cheap,very cheap by the way things look......
Watch out for the Giants.

Daboll coached Allen in Buffalo, another mobile QB.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for Plan B:
- Fields is still a more than capable starter in this league and is a better starting option for next season vs any of the rookies in this class.
- If Fields keep up play like he did towards the back of the 2023 season + he will be playing with a better roster, 1 good season and we'll be good to sell for next off-season. Or even trade Caleb (if we love Fields) for a good haul

I was just thinking maybe all this time Poles wants to keep JF as our starter and trade the first.......

Who knows at this point.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking maybe all this time Poles wants to keep JF as our starter and trade the first.......

Who knows at this point.
It's a possibility

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minshew isnt a starter imo.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minshew isnt a starter imo.
Atl does not need a qb now,I could see that as a possible trade up for LV.....but Im kinda thinking Gardner is it or Garrapolo.......

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for Plan B:
I've always been okay with this outcome. I want Caleb to sit for a year, period. Even if it means a couple less wins, that is okay. It's about him being a "great" QB for 15 years. Not us winning 10-11 games in 2024 and losing in January (best possible outcome, IMO). I would rather win 7 games again and setup a foundation with a young QB where we are "all systems go" in 2025.

With Mitch and Justin. Each time, we said we were going to do this. What happened? We got a few games into the season and coaching completely caved in. Threw them into the fire and they clearly weren't ready. I want Caleb to be chomping at the bit. I want reports out of practice like Rodgers and Mahomes had. Where they're lighting up the #1's as the scout QB and everyone is talking about it.

Let's finally learn from our past and do things differently for once. Do it, ya know, like championship/successful organizations do it? Green Bay, Kansas City, etc.

My dream was to actually grab Russ for a year like Pittsburgh did. I'm not HUGE on the idea of Caleb coming into the building and having Fields there. The controversy/media attention that would bring would be a lot of pressure on Caleb immediately. You would still have a chunk of the locker room that loves Fields. I don't like it for him and I don't think it's totally fair to Fields either. That being said - I am "OKAY" with it. There's worse things that could happen. The Favre/Rodgers situation was way worse for each side and that worked out okay, obviously.

At the end of the day, it makes us competitive in 2024 (as opposed to trotting out whatever vet we would get at this point) and it also keeps Caleb sitting.

I really do hope we move Fields soon, though. Every day he's still here? I get nervous as hell that we're going to fuck this all up.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do hope we move Fields soon, though. Every day he's still here? I get nervous as hell that we're going to fuck this all up.

Its got me thinking the same........

THeres gotta be teams out there interested in him,just gotta be....but we have not heard any news on Poles have declined offers,to me that speaks volumes of no one wants him or it says Justin is off the market.......

If he is off the market why the big secret??

I would tend to think they would of let it out by now that the number 1 is up for grabs before freeagent started teams would make their move for the pick rather than spend money on freeagent qbs.......right Atl Las Vegas Minn??

I think we could of started a bigger bidding war with more teams before they locked up qbs.......

Even the 9th pick,Atl and Tennessee are in a great place to move down with their picks being Atl got their qb,Tenn got their wr,now they can move down and get those extra picks we hope for........
Theres that chance Tenn would take Brock Bowers,but Atl needs no more weapons.

We probably fucked that up also.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desmond Ridder and Sam Howell got traded.

But, no team has traded for Fields?

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desmond Ridder and Sam Howell got traded.

But, no team has traded for Fields?

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable
Maybe the Bears arent trading Fields?

Status
Not open for further replies.