• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Big Board - Rams' Draft Thread!!

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Jermaine but I don't know if Fisher and Snead agree. Without Steven Jackson now Richardson and Pead will have to produce. I think he wants to give them that chance. If one is available in the 3rd that they like and to be able to pound the zone especially in the red zone, they will pull the trigger.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Fisher has high hopes for Terrance Ganaway so I look for him to do some damage at RB. Behind our revamped OL he may make a name for himself...

Here he is against Mizzou...

And here he is in the Alamo Bowl vs Washington...

Both games played in 2011.

Last edited by a moderator:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a weird feeling that if the right RB doesn't fall to us, we may sit tight and draft other needs. Then pick up a 25-28 year old RB that gets released by some team in June/July/August?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good posts Blue, Vita, and SportsJunkie. I have already explained my reticence for the Austin move but I did like what Snead/Fisher pulled with Atlanta. Sportjunkie, I was thinking along similar lines of the scenario you laid out with Allen, who is still available. Blue does make the legit point that to get Austin, we had to do something with a cost but as Chaos has presented, all of this wheelin' and dealin' from last year to next year already has netted a boatload of talent for this team. And that was always my biggest concern. Filling the talent void that occurred to this team under past administrations just was killing us on gameday. Now we are getting a fresh influx of talent and I hope Blue is right, that this kid Austin can stay healthy in the NFL game and live up to his expectations, which by all accounts are high right now.
Also, the draft is not over. So, I have settled abit from lastnight and I'll simmer and see what transpires in the next two days before I get a little grumpy and begin to throw daggers at Fisher/Snead. Like I said Blue, I am hangin in there and the final word has yet to be witnessed.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Mizzou fan and watching the draft has been difficult. We were on the wrong side of highlight footage for about 10 players in the first round. Heck, even when Kenny Vaccaro was picked, they found some footage from 2011.

Ganaway is a good player. I don't think we have a great RB rotation right now but there is no point in reaching on someone if they aren't there. I do think we will draft one more RB for competition and then cut one of the 3 that we are using now.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I have settled abit from lastnight and I'll simmer and see what transpires in the next two days

Ditto man. I was hot! haha

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the way I look at it, I would have rather had 2 of the best college players in the country last year in:

Jarvis Jones, Keenan Allen

then taken Larry Warford, OG Kentucky or Markus Wheaton, WR Beaver nation at #46! :wtf2:

There are many WR's in this class that can run a sub 4.4!

Juss sayin :2cents:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro we will see how this all pans out. I watch so much college football it's stupid. I love it.

But I had the F word going last night from pick 7-20. Especially at 8 and then 17 when the Steelers got another stud OLB!

called it

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the way I look at it, I would have rather had 2 of the best college players in the country last year in:

Jarvis Jones, Keenan Allen

then taken Larry Warford, OG Kentucky or Markus Wheaton, WR Beaver nation at #46! :wtf2:

There are many WR's in this class that can run a sub 4.4!

Juss sayin :2cents:
Tavon Austin was probably the best offensive player in the country last year except maybe Johnny Football. Its not just the sub 4.4 speed. Its the shiftyness of a short guy. Im sure there is a big gap in 3 cone speed.

Im with you on Jarvis Jones. Wouldnt be surprised if he wins DROY

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Sportsjunkie: I don't watch much college ball, but I was screamin at theTV so loud, I think I pissed off my neighbors. Jarvis Jones and Keenan Allen would been beautimous and we still have our second. But what can you say.

We still have not picked up any O-lineman either which means that Fisher likes our depth with Chris Williams, Washington, the rookie from Florida, Nyseke, the dude we p/u from the Colts who is a monster, the return of Harvey Dahl, Rokevious Watkins, and Shelly Smith. Maybe Barrett Jones will be there in the fourth or the big guard/tackle from Wisconsin who should be around in the fifth/sixth.

But like you and Blue have stated, let's see how this all pans out.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton. I like your input dude. You have some serious stats that really bring things to light like that post on the result of what we reaped with the wheelin and dealin Snead and Fisher have done beginning last year. Good stuff dude!!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Tavon was a bad man, especially early on last year.

But Allen was the #1 rated WR for almost the entire year until the end when he got hurt. Trust me. Allen is going to be a player and a #1 WR in the NFL. 6'2 215 and can do it all when healthy.

Tavon is the hot item, especially after the combine and after Allen could not fully participate. But Jones, like Allen did not test well either.

Same thing happened to Cyprien after the combine but even more so. But the guy runs a 4.6 40. No thanks. Not when Shamarko is sitting behind him even at 5'9 213 and runs a 4.3 40 and can hit. That's Tavon speed.

And we all know how things can change because of the combine, but teams like the Steelers and Ravens pick late, win and get to the playoffs and snatch these guys up that everyone else is scared only to watch them become Pro bowlers.

I like Tavon. I just think Tavon is a compliment to a good WR core. If you have a #1 or two good #2's, then he's dynamite waiting to go off. If you go to Tavon like we did Amendola, he's going to get hurt. If he's in on ST/PR alot, he's going to get hit and hurt. The guy is due.

Rams need to find a #1 WR. If we can somehow get Da'Rick Rogers and match him with Quick, Givens, Pettis, and Austin - then we're talkin.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro - you read my mind with Garrett Jones, but we would probably need to get him in the 3rd. He can play C or OG

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenan Allen is a big wild card. Not sure what to think of him. Highly touted high school recruit and really shifty but he played with a terrible QB and isnt very explosive. Ive seen him compared to Roddy White....obviously he is going to be a star if he lives up to that lofty praise but he's a total possession WR and likely very similar to Pettis.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go to Tavon like we did Amendola, he's going to get hurt. If he's in on ST/PR alot, he's going to get hit and hurt. The guy is due.

You might have it right about ST/PR but I think a lot of work we gave to Amendola will go to Cook, Kendricks and Pettis.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
retro and junkie, you are exactly right about Barrett Jones. If I have a problem right now with the Rams line, its not Jake Long and injuries, it is not Saffold being pissed going back to RT, it is not the Roc coming back and being a stud, or Dahl continuing to play most every game. My concern is Wells and how long he goes and if he goes for 16 games. Drafting Jones solves numerous problems with depth, he played all the positions at Alabama.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to be really hard to upgrade the interior oline in this draft at this point, sadly. Pugh and Long were 2nd round prospects and Frederick was a 3rd round prospect and they are all already gone. I'm not familiar with who is out there in free agency but that might be a better option. That or some UDFA as a backup.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are OL targets still out there but they'll likely be gone before #71. We have good depth at OL but not starters. I wanted a top OG but there's no reason to pick a back-up. I'm hoping for best RB & S in the 3rd. If the talent has gone then WR, TE, LB, DT are where depth will help. When we get to the 5th round it's BPA or take a gamble.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like our 1st pick. I liked the 2nd pick. Both trades were fair value.