• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Big Board - Rams' Draft Thread!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as safety, there is still Thomas and Rambo out there. May be pick-up both in the third tomorrow.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe trade back up into the second to get a safety?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams may have to but apparently safety is deep this year. So may be will get some real value players in the third or if we trade back into the 2nd.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Alec Ogletreeis this guy is the best cover OLB in the draft and a big hitter. 6-3 242 will take the WLB now and remember guy this guy played SS also. I think this was a need pick and Fisher and Snead got it right. I was thinking about trading out to say the Jets that might want to come up for Smith but the Rams got the OLB-SS they needed. No 2nd rounder but we will see what happens. 2 thirds at least at this point. So far Fisher and Snead have drafted 2 automatic starters and one is said by many to be the biggest spark in the draft and the other a guy that will make Wilson, Kap, Gore and Lynch look out their ear hole. Nice first day, see you guys tomorrow. Hold the faith retro my friend.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Like the first two picks. RAMS got better against the run last season and now they got a guy that can run down RB's in the backfield and go sideline to sideline. I think he's the best ILB in the draft. I just don't believe in Manti. I predicted he wouldn't go in the first round. After the championship game I wasn't on board. I think they just might of took Ogletree at 22 but got more picks and still got their man. Linebacker has been a real weak spot for the RAMS the last few years. Now with the emergence of Dunbar and the steady Laurinaitis the linebacking corps is looking better. Now go get safety, running back and whatever else they want.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Rams did well today. I still hope they take a RB. I'm sure we'll see them grab a couple of Safties tomorrow, too.

Nice job, overall.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't sold on the Ogletree pick at first but I'm quickly warming up to it. I just wished we could have gotten Matt Elam instead for that pick. But, then again the defensive backfield is pretty deep at Safety.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We drafted two unique talents in the first round. Multi-talented playmakers on both sides of the ball.

Austin - Game-changer on offense and special teams. Even used out of the backfield. #1 WR and S/T in this draft

Ogletree - 3 down backer with safety experience and sideline to sideline coverage ability - ability to keep Kap and Wilson from running with abandon down the field. #1 LB in this draft

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Ogletree will be an immediate starter at Strong side LB, that would be huge for us!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the 1st two picks as well. I never heard what we got in picks from ATL, but I guess we ended up with their 1st rounder (Ogletree) and just a 3rd rounder? Yikes that's practically a 4th rounder.

Still a fan of the 1st two picks and hopefully we can get a few guys in the 3rd.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I was pissed about after the Tavon pick last was that this WR class is deep and we gave up our 2nd round pick and 1st to move up for a guy that weighs as much as me. Sure I don't run 4.3 40's, but this guy is going to get hit.

Trading down with the 22nd pick made me feel better, but I thought we got ATL's 2nd round pick. So we basically went after Tavon and made a deal with Buffalo, then turned around and sold the 22nd pick to the highest bidder - which was ATL giving us their 30th pick, a 3rd, and a 6th. I want to see who is there for the picking at #46 now and who we get in the 3rd. I guess we could package a 3rd and a 4th or 5th for a 2nd and trade back up. But I think we can get a few more players/starters maybe with the 2 3rds and a 4th rounder. Who knows!??

We could have taken Jarvis Jones at 16 and still traded down to 30 from 22 to get even more picks. So at 30 we could have picked Keenan Allen. I told you all the Steelers would take him and watch him turn into a pro bowler.

So we could have had Jones and Allen and the #46 pick, along with 2 third round picks.

Allen doesn't run 4.3 40's, but he was the best college WR last year and will still be a good player in the NFL.

Either way Bradford is going to get another WR or 2 now and some help at the O-line, so he will finally have no excuses.

RAM-N-IT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I beleive that the RAMS had a great 1st day of the draft. Got Sammy boy a legit reciever and the D got the best LB in the draft.

Snead and Co. are doing a good job. Hope they keep it up with their next picks.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guys the way I was looking at the draft in Fisher and Snead's 2nd draft was get 3 starters and depth. I admit I wanted Austin because of the to the house mod he brings both from the slot and the return game. Yes size does matter but Darren Sproles for example has worked a pretty good life around his small frame. Same can be said at the running back position with Ray Rice. Austin is a WR not the RB so being durable depends on hitting big bodies a lot not CBs and safeties. I think he is a guy that has to be accounted for on every play by someone on the defense and by what I see on tape, it had better be two guys. That said what does that do for Givens or Cook or Hendricks or Quick? It has to be a one on one gig with a corner because how can the safety go to help with Austin rooming all over. I also see the reverse like the Vikings used to do with Harvin really in play here. No he isn't going to out jump anyone really but if he doesn't have to ,just watch to see how many guys it takes to get him. Alec Ogletree slipped to the Rams because of a DUI just prior to the combine. We have already many times discussed the DUI and young kids. It will be up to Fisher to keep the handles on Ogletree, Jenkins, Johnson on on and on. This guy had top 10 talent. Great against the pass, goes sideline to sideline as quick as any LB in the draft. He almost never misses a tackle and he was a safety at Georgia before he was a LB. That is interesting all by itself. I would have liked to have a pick here in the 2nd but to get who Fisher thought was the one player that could get the offense in gear to play with the 49ers and Seahawks, he had to pay a price. The Jets were going to pick Austin at #9, so if Fsher wanted Austin, he did what he had to do. He did back up to grab a 3rd-6th and a pick in 2015 from the Falcons so in my opinion, we as fans hope for the best and record Rams games next year, we might just be looking a the Turf War stage 2 in the dome.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guys the way I was looking at the draft in Fisher and Snead's 2nd draft was get 3 starters and depth. I admit I wanted Austin because of the to the house mod he brings both from the slot and the return game. Yes size does matter but Darren Sproles for example has worked a pretty good life around his small frame. Same can be said at the running back position with Ray Rice. Austin is a WR not the RB so being durable depends on hitting big bodies a lot not CBs and safeties. I think he is a guy that has to be accounted for on every play by someone on the defense and by what I see on tape, it had better be two guys. That said what does that do for Givens or Cook or Hendricks or Quick? It has to be a one on one gig with a corner because how can the safety go to help with Austin rooming all over. I also see the reverse like the Vikings used to do with Harvin really in play here. No he isn't going to out jump anyone really but if he doesn't have to ,just watch to see how many guys it takes to get him. Alec Ogletree slipped to the Rams because of a DUI just prior to the combine. We have already many times discussed the DUI and young kids. It will be up to Fisher to keep the handles on Ogletree, Jenkins, Johnson on on and on. This guy had top 10 talent. Great against the pass, goes sideline to sideline as quick as any LB in the draft. He almost never misses a tackle and he was a safety at Georgia before he was a LB. That is interesting all by itself. I would have liked to have a pick here in the 2nd but to get who Fisher thought was the one player that could get the offense in gear to play with the 49ers and Seahawks, he had to pay a price. The Jets were going to pick Austin at #9, so if Fsher wanted Austin, he did what he had to do. He did back up to grab a 3rd-6th and a pick in 2015 from the Falcons so in my opinion, we as fans hope for the best and record Rams games next year, we might just be looking a the Turf War stage 2 in the dome.
Very Nice Post Blue!

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only concern is that now without a 2nd round pick...many of the RB's may get picked up this round. This is an area that still needs to be addressed as well.