• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me you guys have something better in the works behind him

Yes yes yes oh god yes they do in Jack Coan. Captain Jack will be the starting QB next year without a doubt. Dude is miles ahead of Hornibrook in terms of pure talent. He wasn't given a chance to compete in the games like Hornibrook was last season. If they give him a chance to compete in games and not just practice Jack will be the starter.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, maybe not. I was just taking him of the pool of players that may declare. Next spring camp may be real interesting as far as the QB position goes. Hot shot Coan vs Hornibrook.

Never know, Hornibrook could turn into a half decent QB if he can clean up the picks. That could come with maturity. He also would be growing with a young wr core as well as a phenomenal RB. His arm doesn't seem to be that bad and he has good size.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never know, Hornibrook could turn into a half decent QB if he can clean up the picks. That could come with maturity. He also would be growing with a young wr core as well as a phenomenal RB. His arm doesn't seem to be that bad and he has good size.

I am not a fan of what Hornibrook is now but you can see some quantum improvement since the first half of the season. I don't know what his win streak is right now, 17-18 games. How does a coach walk away from that?

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's terrible in pressure situations, he can't avoid the pass rush or sense it, his arm is below average, he makes very questionable decisions, he still fades to his right instead of stepping into the pocket and is very turnover prone.

The positives are, he's improved his mobility and arm strength a little. He showed vs Michigan he can step up into the pocket and can avoid the rush sometimes. He has good size and when he steps into his throws his arm strength is sufficient. He is very accurate and appears to have good study habits.

Stave failed at the NFL level and I don't think this kid will make it in the NFL level. I'd be shocked if he was the starter next season. Surprisingly, despite being the most turnover prone QB in the NCAA he's won like 18 games in a row now as a starter with the last L coming to OSU in OT when he shit his pants in the pocket and took the sack to lose in OT.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DBs are highly sought after in the NFL right now. If he is projected high then he gone.

Yeah, that would be smart on his part. From what I heard (I never looked it up anywhere), his projections sky-rocketed after the Wisconsin game. I heard he was said to be projected mid-1st round now, or something.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of what Hornibrook is now but you can see some quantum improvement since the first half of the season. I don't know what his win streak is right now, 17-18 games. How does a coach walk away from that?

He doesn't have to walk away from that Coan would just have to be given a chance to prove he's the clear cut better QB. We'll see how he does vs a good D-line in OSU who I suspect will stack the box and dare Horni to throw. If the old Horni shows up it's going to be 5+ sacks and 3+ turnovers. IDK if the defense can overcome that kind of ineptitude from the QB.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have to walk away from that Coan would just have to be given a chance to prove he's the clear cut better QB. We'll see how he does vs a good D-line in OSU who I suspect will stack the box and dare Horni to throw. If the old Horni shows up it's going to be 5+ sacks and 3+ turnovers. IDK if the defense can overcome that kind of ineptitude from the QB.

Like the outcome of the game, it remains to be seen.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's terrible in pressure situations, he can't avoid the pass rush or sense it, his arm is below average, he makes very questionable decisions, he still fades to his right instead of stepping into the pocket and is very turnover prone.

The positives are, he's improved his mobility and arm strength a little. He showed vs Michigan he can step up into the pocket and can avoid the rush sometimes. He has good size and when he steps into his throws his arm strength is sufficient. He is very accurate and appears to have good study habits.

Stave failed at the NFL level and I don't think this kid will make it in the NFL level. I'd be shocked if he was the starter next season. Surprisingly, despite being the most turnover prone QB in the NCAA he's won like 18 games in a row now as a starter with the last L coming to OSU in OT when he shit his pants in the pocket and took the sack to lose in OT.

Ya he has a lot of insufficiencies right now. Just saying there are a lot of signs he should improve. Wisconsin only needs him to be a game manager.

Complaining about him in the Ohio State game last year would be sort of unfair. Very good d line and 3 freaking first rounders in the defensive backfield

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya he has a lot of insufficiencies right now. Just saying there are a lot of signs he should improve. Wisconsin only needs him to be a game manager.

Complaining about him in the Ohio State game last year would be sort of unfair. Very good d line and 3 freaking first rounders in the defensive backfield

This is true and our receiving corps was limited to Peavy as the only legit threat outside of Fum at the TE posistion. Surprisingly Clement had 168 yards in that game. Dude is slow as shit and I would've never guessed he would've even broke over 100 yards.

We shall see how much Hornibrook improved this year. He now has a better RB, WR corps, and O-line combined with one year of experience. No excuses anymore to throw three int's or get sacked with 4+ seconds to throw. If he dominates this game I'll give him credit and I think he would be the favorite to become the starter again next year despite the talent behind him. I still feel like this guy will crumble under pressure.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that would be smart on his part. From what I heard (I never looked it up anywhere), his projections sky-rocketed after the Wisconsin game. I heard he was said to be projected mid-1st round now, or something.

CBS has him as the #1 CB in the draft now. I think the exposure in the big games and having the best games of his life helped.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be more worried about your defense stopping the first legit running attack it's faced this year. We've already faced 3 of the top 20 run defenses in the nation and gone 226, 335, and 201 against them on the ground.