• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Stavibrook as your MVP Badgers still won 38-14. Hornytoad scored all the points and his int yards of 100 outgained the entire Iowa offense who had like 2 first downs and 65 total yards.

We had our starting WRs, LB'S and Dixon at safety all out. The backups looked just as good as the starters. This team is so deep it ridiculous. To bad they have the worst qb in the nation and that QB will cost them the NC this season.

Chryst definitely won the chess match. The coverage was amazing and a defender was right there to take out the ball carrier. Once they took the confidence out of Stanley, it was over. I don't think Iowa could have asked for more from their defense. Wisconsin's defense is legit. I agree with you that Hornibrook will hurt them.

Iowa needs Drew Tate's or CJ Beathard's confidence in Nate Stanley's body. Stanley is probably the most talented QB Ferentz has ever had (even compared to Beathard), but I would rather have Drew Tate in a game like this. Hopefully, Stanley gains a lot more confidence next season.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chryst definitely won the chess match. The coverage was amazing and a defender was right there to take out the ball carrier. Once they took the confidence out of Stanley, it was over. I don't think Iowa could have asked for more from their defense. Wisconsin's defense is legit. I agree with you that Hornibrook will hurt them.

Iowa needs Drew Tate's or CJ Beathard's confidence in Nate Stanley's body. Stanley is probably the most talented QB Ferentz has ever had (even compared to Beathard), but I would rather have Drew Tate in a game like this. Hopefully, Stanley gains a lot more confidence next season.

Christ didn't do anything but call his same old run run pass punt/int. He had a few nice calls but just having a defense that dominated a team like I've never seen in my life he could've just called a handoff every play and probably won't by a larger margin.

I wish Jim Leonard would join the Badgers after we win the NC. We need to bench Stavibrook before we even have a chance. If he throws pick sixes and three ints in the cfp there's no way we win.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the fuck man. You drop 55 on The Ohio State but then can't put up 100 yards on Wisky?

Damn you guys

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck man. You drop 55 on The Ohio State but then can't put up 100 yards on Wisky?

Damn you guys

Best defense in the country. Jim Leonard is a defensive genius.

Badgers are top 5 in almost every major statistical category.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My B1G Power Rankings after Week 11

1. Wisconsin (10-0, 7-0)- Last Week: 1 - The Badgers clinch the B1G West title with their 38-14 win against Iowa. They are the only B1G team that is in control of their own destiny to make the CFP. They top the B1G in allowed PPG and 2nd in B1G in allowed rushing and passing yards.

2. Ohio State (8-2, 6-1) - Last Week: 5 - The Buckeyes jump back up to #2 after dominating the Spartans. They are the B1G's top scoring offense. They are the only B1G team with over 400 points in the season and over 300 point vs B1G. The B1G East is looking like "The Game" will determine the winner.

3. Penn State (8-2, 5-2)
- Last Week: 6 - The Nittany Lions still might be in the hunt for B1G East, but it is not looking promising for them after their two-loss skid and Ohio State beating Michigan State. Barkley struggled vs Rutgers, but Penn State dominated them. McSorley is now the new TD king for Penn State.

4. Michigan (8-2, 5-2)- Last Week: 7 - The Wolverines failed to reach 30 points in their first 4 B1G games. They have scored over 30 points in their last 3 B1G games and are on a 3-game W streak. Outside of Penn State, they have yet to allow a team to score more than 27 (Indiana). Next would be 17 (Florida).

5. Northwestern (7-3, 5-2)- Last Week: 2 - The Wildcats started the season beating Nevada (now 1-8) by 11 points. Then they lost 3 of their next 4 games. Not looking good for them. Now they have a 5-game winning streak. With Minnesota and Illinois remaining, they could finish with a 9-3 record after starting 2-3.

6. Michigan State (7-3, 5-2) - Last Week: 3 - The Spartans still have a chance to win the B1G East with wins over Michigan and Penn State, but their loss to Ohio State really hurt. The Buckeyes rebounded from their devastating loss to Iowa by dominating the Spartans. They have dropped 2 of their last 3 games.

7. Iowa (6-4, 3-4) - Last Week: 4 - Hawkeyes offense went from scoring 48 points on Ohio State to laying a goose egg against Wisconsin. They failed to reach 70 total yards on offense. However, a star is rising on that defense as Joshua Jackson has had 5 interceptions, 2 returned for a TD, in the last 2 weeks.

8. Minnesota (5-5, 2-5) - Last Week: 12 - The Gophers routed the visiting Huskers. They led 30-14 at halftime and didn't let off the throttle. They entered this week losing 5 of last 6 games with their only B1G coming vs the only team without a B1G win. Now they have a dominating win vs a team with 3 B1G wins.

9. Rutgers (4-6, 3-4) - Last Week: 9 - Rutgers had high hopes of winning the B1G East, and Penn State shattered them. Okay, maybe they weren't high hopes, but they actually did have a chance. They have won 3 of their last 5 games.

10. Nebraska (5-5, 3-4) - Last Week: 8 - Knowing the standard the Huskers have for their coaches, I bet they are ready to give Mike Riley a raise and extension. Am I right? Okay, maybe they are ready to boot him out the door. They have lost 4 of their last 5 games with their only wins vs Purdue and Illinois during that period.

11. Indiana (4-6, 1-6) - Last Week: 13 - The Hoosiers broke a 4-game losing streak with a 10-point win over Illinois. It was the battle between two teams without a B1G win. Indiana is tw0 wins away from being bowl eligible and have Rutgers and Purdue remaining.

12. Purdue (4-6, 2-5)- Last Week: 11 - Purdue has lost 4 of their last 5 games. They might be #12, but they face #7 and could make a huge jump on here if they upset the Hawkeyes in Kinnick Stadium.

13. Maryland (4-6, 2-5) - Last Week: 10 - The Terps have dropped 5 of their last 6 games and have been outscored 203-82 in their B1G losses. They have a tough remaining schedule they travel to Michigan State and then host Penn State.

14. Illinois (2-8, 0-7) - Last Week: 14 - The Fighting Illini are on a 10-game losing streak vs B1G opponents. In the last 3 seasons, they have gone 4-21. They are the only team in the B1G that has yet to score 200 points this season and 100 vs the B1G.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Game only decides the East if UM wins against Wisconsin, correct?

If the first tie breaker is h2h, we will have the advantage over two loss Sparty and PSU

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Game only decides the East if UM wins against Wisconsin, correct?

If the first tie breaker is h2h, we will have the advantage over two loss Sparty and PSU

Actually, since you said that, there could be a 4-way tie. That would be interesting.

Given PSU and MSU win out, Ohio State wins next week, and Michigan wins out. That would be a 4-way 7-2 B1G record.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Michigan (wins out), Michigan State (wins out), Ohio State (wins their next game and loses to Michigan), and Penn State (wins out) finish 7-2 in B1G play, here is the tie breaker criteria.

(b) If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 8 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step (or sub-step), the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative. If three or more teams remain tied after any step, move to next step in tiebreaker with remaining tied teams.

1. The records of the three tied teams will be compared against each other.
  • Michigan would be 1-2 - W vs Ohio State; L vs MSU and PSU
  • Michigan State would be 2-1 - W vs Mich and PSU; L vs Ohio State
  • Ohio State would be 2-1 - W vs PSU and MSU; L vs Michigan
  • PSU would be 1-2 - W vs Mich; L to MSU and Ohio State
Ohio State wins the H2H vs Michigan State

Ohio State would have the better division record compared to any of the 3 as well. So, if it went to the next criteria, Ohio State still wins that. The only way for MSU and PSU to win the division is OSU to lose out.

Michigan will need to win out and have MSU and PSU both to lose a game.

Last edited:

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Michigan (wins out), Michigan State (wins out), Ohio State (wins their next game and loses to Michigan), and Penn State (wins out) finish 7-2 in B1G play, here is the tie breaker criteria.

(b) If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 8 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step (or sub-step), the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative. If three or more teams remain tied after any step, move to next step in tiebreaker with remaining tied teams.

1. The records of the three tied teams will be compared against each other.
  • Michigan would be 1-2 - W vs Ohio State; L vs MSU and PSU
  • Michigan State would be 2-1 - W vs Mich and PSU; L vs Ohio State
  • Ohio State would be 2-1 - W vs PSU and MSU; L vs Michigan
  • PSU would be 1-2 - W vs Mich; L to MSU and Ohio State
Ohio State wins the H2H vs Michigan State

Ohio State would have the better division record compared to any of the 3 as well. So, if it went to the next criteria, Ohio State still wins that. The only way for MSU and PSU to win the division is OSU to lose out.

Michigan will need to win out and have MSU and PSU both to lose a game.

So OSU is still the favorite then.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I did the scenarios.

Michigan State wins the B1G East if...
- Ohio State loses out
- Michigan State wins out​

Michigan wins the B1G Est if...
- Michigan wins out
- Penn State AND Michigan State loses 1 or more games​

Penn State wins the B1G East if...
- Penn State wins out
- Ohio State loses out
- Michigan State loses 1 or more games​

Ohio State wins the B1G East if...
- Ohio State wins out

or

- Ohio State loses to Illinois
- Ohio State beats Michigan

or

- Ohio State beats Illinois
- Ohio State loses to Michigan
- Michigan State and/or Penn State wins out

or

- Ohio State loses out
- Michigan loses to Wisconsin
- Michigan State AND Penn State lose 1 or more games​

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I forgot one.

Ohio State also wins if Wisconsin beats Michigan and Ohio State beats Illinois

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only two backs in the B1G over 1k yards are 2 true freshman

2017 Big Ten College Football Individual Statistics Leaders for Rushing   ESPN.png

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And once again tOSU is going to wear gimmicky jerseys :L

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a hint of fucking scarlet on that uniform

I bet the helmet will look disgusting

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And once again tOSU is going to wear gimmicky jerseys :L

So the Ohio State LeBron unis against the Michigan Jordan unis IN FOOTBALL!?!? Go home you two, you're both drunk.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3