• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears Draft Thread

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar Jackson has to be one bummed mofo. He seemed to be climbing the boards rather quickly in recent days. Wonder if NE will take him at 31.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live just outside of Detroit and the consensus is that RB isn't the issue with the run game. The line is horrendous in that department.
You'd never know it from reading the posts on the Lions board in this forum. They are pissed off big time.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I still don’t get the hype behind Nelson. Add a prime Steve Hutchinson to the team last year, and we still finish with a top ten pick. A great guard is nice to have, but at what cost? No matter how good that guard is, he won’t make or break the team. Taking a young defensive stud to lead the defense when Travathon leaves is much more significant for this team than a guy who if successful, will block one guy effectively on every offensive play.

No matter how good a single LB is. He won't make or break the team. No one outside of a QB does. We only made the playoffs three times in Urlacher's career.

Your argument can be attributed to 21 out of 22 positions. Which is what makes it absurd.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar Jackson has to be one bummed mofo. He seemed to be climbing the boards rather quickly in recent days. Wonder if NE will take him at 31.

That's what I think will happen, but we'll see.

Jackson's slight was his footwork and mechanical issues. Which he only furthered the concern over when he showed up to the combine with unchanged mechanics and a poor showing.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I still don’t get the hype behind Nelson. Add a prime Steve Hutchinson to the team last year, and we still finish with a top ten pick. A great guard is nice to have, but at what cost? No matter how good that guard is, he won’t make or break the team. Taking a young defensive stud to lead the defense when Travathon leaves is much more significant for this team than a guy who if successful, will block one guy effectively on every offensive play.

You have a very simplistic way of breaking down the importance of a position. What if that guard is constantly beaten, sacking the QB, causing a pick 6? Again, it's not as simple as you are making it.

Nelson would have been the perfect pick. It's a shame he's gone.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never a huge Ridley fan, certainly not at 8 - that was laughable. But I think the Falcons getting him at 26 makes for a good value pick.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Beengay fudgepackers

The game is largely won up front on both sides of the ball. O-line is hugely important, no one will dispute that. A HOF guard can be a huge piece to an O-line as a unit. A HOF guard can make an average line, a very good line. Just like a HOF LB can do that to a LB corp. However, Brian Urlacher, if he's the only player with talent on the defensive side. Is not going to make a team great. Anymore than a guard will without any talent around him.

A HOF LT won't make a team great either. OT's go early every year. Same with DT's and DE's. Calvin Johnson never won a single playoff game. This can go on and on.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never a huge Ridley fan, certainly not at 8 - that was laughable. But I think the Falcons getting him at 26 makes for a good value pick.

Yeah, him going in expected to be a team's stud was not something I liked. However, him going in as the #2 to a HOF'er in Julio could be a great situation.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how good a single LB is. He won't make or break the team. No one outside of a QB does. We only made the playoffs three times in Urlacher's career.

Your argument can be attributed to 21 out of 22 positions. Which is what makes it absurd.
Obviously. But a guard is so insignificant when you get down to it. Urlachers prenence was always good enough to make the bears better than average on defense, until he got too old. No guard on the face of the earth would have the effect on an offense. Zero. Instead of getting an all star at an insignificant position, we got a guy who could be the “QB” of the defense for the next ten years. The colts might’ve gotten a better run game. At least it makes sense for them since their run game is absolute shite.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Beengay fudgepackers

The game is largely won up front on both sides of the ball. O-line is hugely important, no one will dispute that. A HOF guard can be a huge piece to an O-line as a unit. A HOF guard can make an average line, a very good line. Just like a HOF LB can do that to a LB corp. However, Brian Urlacher, if he's the only player with talent on the defensive side. Is not going to make a team great. Anymore than a guard will without any talent around him.

A HOF LT won't make a team great either. OT's go early every year. Same with DT's and DE's. Calvin Johnson never won a single playoff game. This can go on and on.
I get all of that. You can build a great oline without taking a guard in the top ten though. You can build a great oline without taking any oline in the first round.. It’s a lot harder to do that on defense without taking defenders in the top ten.

I also don’t believe Nelson’s performance is going to be much better than a guard we can grab in the second. We definitely won’t get a linebacker like smith in the second. I guess to each his own. We’ll just have to agree to disagree. (When we disagree I’m almost always in the right anyway, so it’s a good sign for the bears :D)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it fascinating that what are arguably the two best defenses in the NFL, Jax and the Vikes, take defensive players with their respective first picks. This is why I have no problems if the Bears go heavy on D this draft. You can never have too many quality defensive players on your roster.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it fascinating that what are arguably the two best defenses in the NFL, Jax and the Vikes, take defensive players with their respective first picks. This is why I have no problems if the Bears go heavy on D this draft. You can never have too many quality defensive players on your roster.
Yeah, you can never have too many stud defenders. You not only need players that can cover, but you need coverage players of all shapes, sizes, and speeds. You need pass rushers and run stuffers too. I really want an olineman in he second, but I wouldn’t be upset with a defender.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson gets in just under the wire. The Ravens take him with the last pick in Rd 1.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get all of that. You can build a great oline without taking a guard in the top ten though. You can build a great oline without taking any oline in the first round.. It’s a lot harder to do that on defense without taking defenders in the top ten.

I also don’t believe Nelson’s performance is going to be much better than a guard we can grab in the second. We definitely won’t get a linebacker like smith in the second. I guess to each his own. We’ll just have to agree to disagree. (When we disagree I’m almost always in the right anyway, so it’s a good sign for the bears :D)

Don't recall a single time you've ever been right outside of us taking a QB last year. Which has nothing to do with evaluation of football, but rather how much I fell for the Bears smokescreen of information hiding their Trub interest. Typically those reports from the Schefter's of the world are pretty solid.

I also think this is one of the most insane quotes in the history of sports forums.

Obviously. But a guard is so insignificant when you get down to it.

How in the hell do you justify a statement like this dude? lol

This is like a child's view of how football works.

Not to mention, there is a view in the NFL picking up steam right now that guards are more important than tackles.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Promise ya you need guards that can move in this offense and I am as anti-guard in the first as it comes. While this is an awful OT class, there's a good number of OG's. Patience.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Promise ya you need guards that can move in this offense and I am as anti-guard in the first as it comes. While this is an awful OT class, there's a good number of OG's. Patience.

Check 8:00 minute mark

Pace admitted that he was looking into moving back up into the back-end of the first. I am very, very curious as to who that was for and if he is still available. I wonder if it was Ridley and then he went to ATL. If so, I didn't want Ridley early or mid-round. However, at the END of the first. I would not have hated it. Hopefully it is a guy who is still there.

I didn't even hear about analysts discussing this during the broadcast. At what point were we mentioned as trade-up candidates at the end of the 1st?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't recall a single time you've ever been right outside of us taking a QB last year. Which has nothing to do with evaluation of football, but rather how much I fell for the Bears smokescreen of information hiding their Trub interest. Typically those reports from the Schefter's of the world are pretty solid.

I also think this is one of the most insane quotes in the history of sports forums.

Obviously. But a guard is so insignificant when you get down to it.

How in the hell do you justify a statement like this dude? lol

This is like a child's view of how football works.

Not to mention, there is a view in the NFL picking up steam right now that guards are more important than tackles.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! I’m not getting into this again. Just carry on with your “I’m smarter than you and your opinion is shit” Attitude. I really do think it makes you seem more right at the time.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check 8:00 minute mark

Pace admitted that he was looking into moving back up into the back-end of the first. I am very, very curious as to who that was for and if he is still available. I wonder if it was Ridley and then he went to ATL. If so, I didn't want Ridley early or mid-round. However, at the END of the first. I would not have hated it. Hopefully it is a guy who is still there.

I didn't even hear about analysts discussing this during the broadcast. At what point were we mentioned as trade-up candidates at the end of the 1st?

The talking heads don’t know everything that goes on behind the scenes at the draft. I also think trading back into the first would’ve been a terrible idea. We’re already lacking in the draft pick department and to trade back into the first would deplete our resources too thin. There will still be good players in the second.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping Sutton drops to us now...