• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2024 offseason thread

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude stop with the stupid shit......

Thielen is old ,he is 33 and at the ending if his career,.....his better days are over.
Young had to have someone throw ti,if DJ was still in Carolina,Adam would be a distant memory......
It takes him 17 games to barely hit a 1000 yds......??

Youngs numbers would be a little more different with DJ there.....no??

As for how good Youg is....??.....I have no ides,and neither do you.

Its gonna be atleadt 2 more seasons before anyone can possibly know.....Carolina us absolutley screwed.

Chubba Hubbard.....ya ok.
Hayden Hurst.....lol....ya ok.

Whatevs,you think these guys are franchise pllayers.....??

There is talk of the NFL going to 18 game season......just think of all the great players hitting a 1000 yd season.......wow cant wait.

Thielen is old ,he is 33 and at the ending if his career,.....his better days are over.

Young had to have someone throw ti,if DJ was still in Carolina,Adam would be a distant memory......
Honestly, I don't even know why I bother with you. You clearly don't understand a thing. You're diverting to making this a conversation about Adam fucking Thielen because you don't actually have a point.

There is talk of the NFL going to 18 game season......just think of all the great players hitting a 1000 yd season.......wow cant wait.

What are you talking about? My previous post never ONCE talked up Thielen being a 1k yard receiver. It spoke of him being 9th in receptions and 25th in yardage despite playing in the worst offense in football.

You are creating straw man arguments because you don't have a point.

Holy hell. lol. I never said they were. You're legitimately having a meltdown right now.

Its gonna be atleadt 2 more seasons before anyone can possibly know.....Carolina us absolutley screwed.

I know he did not look good in his rookie season. I know he doesn't have any impressive tools, at all. The team being bad, isn't an excuse for Young to also make mistakes, miss throws, miss reads, etc.

What does he do well? You put any of the top 5 QB's in the NFL right now on bad teams when they were young. They would still show some kind of a tool set and ability. Young flashed absolutely nothing. Not even a glimpse of something to come.

Young will undoubtedly fair better going forward. Nowhere to go but up, basically. However, it hasn't looked good for him. That's my only point and you cannot possibly refute it.

I've said this about Mitch and Fields. The crutch of "his supporting cast/team sucks" isn't a total bail out for a QB. Mitch and JF whiffed on the fundamentals of the QB position, even on plays where the job around them was getting done. Young's rookie season was poor. It's that simple. It's not a death sentence. I'm just saying it hasn't been a good start and I don't see anything to support the idea of him turning into a franchise guy.

Peyton Manning had an awful team his rookie season. AWFUL! He made a lot of mistakes. He also made a lot of huge plays and impressive throws. That's the key here. Young showed zero flashes of any kind.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, I don't even know why I bother with you. You clearly don't understand a thing. You're diverting to making this a conversation about Adam fucking Thielen because you don't actually have a point.

What are you talking about? My previous post never ONCE talked up Thielen being a 1k yard receiver. It spoke of him being 9th in receptions and 25th in yardage despite playing in the worst offense in football.

You are creating straw man arguments because you don't have a point.

Holy hell. lol. I never said they were. You're legitimately having a meltdown right now.

I know he did not look good in his rookie season. I know he doesn't have any impressive tools, at all. The team being bad, isn't an excuse for Young to also make mistakes, miss throws, miss reads, etc.

What does he do well? You put any of the top 5 QB's in the NFL right now on bad teams when they were young. They would still show some kind of a tool set and ability. Young flashed absolutely nothing. Not even a glimpse of something to come.

Young will undoubtedly fair better going forward. Nowhere to go but up, basically. However, it hasn't looked good for him. That's my only point and you cannot possibly refute it.

I've said this about Mitch and Fields. The crutch of "his supporting cast/team sucks" isn't a total bail out for a QB. Mitch and JF whiffed on the fundamentals of the QB position, even on plays where the job around them was getting done. Young's rookie season was poor. It's that simple. It's not a death sentence. I'm just saying it hasn't been a good start and I don't see anything to support the idea of him turning into a franchise guy.

Peyton Manning had an awful team his rookie season. AWFUL! He made a lot of mistakes. He also made a lot of huge plays and impressive throws. That's the key here. Young showed zero flashes of any kind.

Im not reading all that.........again. >rolls eyes<

You can bring up anyone on thst offense,and theres nit one single brightside to it.....
The gm left a huge huge mess there eith a couple of years before theres a glimpse of hope to move on along last seasons trade.......

Not sure what part of that you dont understand,but hey it will be ok,I promise.......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's some food for thought:

I bring this up because it's in our best interests if a 4th QB does come into play with respect to the 8 picks prior to our selection (or trade back) at #9. If JJ McCarthy or Michael Penix Jr or whoever does sneak in there, this pushes one other positional player back, and pretty much anyone who gets bumped will be someone we could take. Personally, I'm gonna pull like hell for this to happen.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not reading all that.........again. >rolls eyes<

You can bring up anyone on thst offense,and theres nit one single brightside to it.....
The gm left a huge huge mess there eith a couple of years before theres a glimpse of hope to move on along last seasons trade.......

Not sure what part of that you dont understand,but hey it will be ok,I promise.......
Of course, you won't read it. Even though my text there is barely longer than your prior post.

Good lord. What an embarrassing showing this has been for you.

Hit the bricks. Take a fuckin lap. You're done.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's some food for thought:

I bring this up because it's in our best interests if a 4th QB does come into play with respect to the 8 picks prior to our selection (or trade back) at #9. If JJ McCarthy or Michael Penix Jr or whoever does sneak in there, this pushes one other positional player back, and pretty much anyone who gets bumped will be someone we could take. Personally, I'm gonna pull like hell for this to happen.
No sooner did I state the bolded line, then I spot this mock draft from USA Today, and sho nuff, they have 4 QBs going in the top 8:

Can you imagine Malik Nabers actually falling to 9? Wow. Another note of interest....not a single defensive player in the top 10. It might be hard for Poles to pass on Dallas Turner if he's there. Naturally, this is assuming who he signs in free agency, which could alter our pick. The one super oddball pick is Joe Alt taken 3rd by the Pats. Assuming they don't go with a QB, would they really pass on MHJ? Nothing against Alt, but to me only a madman would make this selection when MHJ is there for the taking.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, you won't read it. Even though my text there is barely longer than your prior post.

Good lord. What an embarrassing showing this has been for you.

Hit the bricks. Take a fuckin lap. You're done.

Ya,well,you were done the minute you brought up Thielenn,Chubba and Hurst.......

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tagged Jaylon...

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a combination free agency/draft scenario for our boyz:

We end up trading one pick up with the Falcons (#9 for #8, in which we grab Odunze), plus end up with the Falcons 2nd round/#43 pick. Sounds good if the trade includes Fields as suggested, but the problem is a whole lotta sites now have the Falcons getting ready to ink Kirk Cousins.

As for the free agent signings, I'm not sure why so many people keep pushing Miami center Connor Williams on us. The man suffered an ACL tear last December, and there's a strong possibility he won't be ready for the start of the '24 season. Then add the fact that there are a number of quality centers who will be on the open market, not to mention a decent selection of college centers who should still be on the board on days 2 & 3. I do like the idea tho of Miami's other key FA, DT Christian Wilkins.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaylon is signed.

4 years 76 Million...54.5 Million Guaranteed.

Seems good.
Yup, at $19 per year, that's slightly below where most thought. Great young signing.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaylon is signed.

4 years 76 Million...54.5 Million Guaranteed.

Seems good.
Sigh of relief for the sake of...

A) The deal getting done, in general
B) The numbers not being outrageous

He's a really, really good young player. Elite last year. Let's hope he stays healthy (it's been a a bumpy road with his hamstring - seems to be a constant issue) and that he doesn't take his foot off the gas after getting paid. I also liked the Eddie Jackson deal and I think we would all like to take that one back, unfortunately.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a combination free agency/draft scenario for our boyz:

We end up trading one pick up with the Falcons (#9 for #8, in which we grab Odunze), plus end up with the Falcons 2nd round/#43 pick. Sounds good if the trade includes Fields as suggested, but the problem is a whole lotta sites now have the Falcons getting ready to ink Kirk Cousins.

As for the free agent signings, I'm not sure why so many people keep pushing Miami center Connor Williams on us. The man suffered an ACL tear last December, and there's a strong possibility he won't be ready for the start of the '24 season. Then add the fact that there are a number of quality centers who will be on the open market, not to mention a decent selection of college centers who should still be on the board on days 2 & 3. I do like the idea tho of Miami's other key FA, DT Christian Wilkins.
Fields market really crashed, huh? Steelers eyeing Wilson now. If Cousins goes to ATL and Wilson to PIT. What are we looking at? NE's early 3rd round pick? Definitely not what we had hoped for.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh of relief for the sake of...

A) The deal getting done, in general
B) The numbers not being outrageous

He's a really, really good young player. Elite last year. Let's hope he stays healthy (it's been a a bumpy road with his hamstring - seems to be a constant issue) and that he doesn't take his foot off the gas after getting paid. I also liked the Eddie Jackson deal and I think we would all like to take that one back, unfortunately.
Players love to use maximum AAV as leverage in their negotations, but I think what really matters to them is the guaranteed portion of the contract.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players love to use maximum AAV as leverage in their negotations, but I think what really matters to them is the guaranteed portion of the contract.
Sho nuff:

Johnson's deal doesn't make him the highest-paid corner per annual average value or total guaranteed money. However, the $43.8 million that is fully guaranteed at signing is 57.5 percent of Johnson's contract, which is first among cornerbacks.

I'm guessing that was the final sticking point, the guaranteed portion of the contract. Definitely looks like the classic example of give-n-take in the negotiatons.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sho nuff:

Johnson's deal doesn't make him the highest-paid corner per annual average value or total guaranteed money. However, the $43.8 million that is fully guaranteed at signing is 57.5 percent of Johnson's contract, which is first among cornerbacks.

I'm guessing that was the final sticking point, the guaranteed portion of the contract. Definitely looks like the classic example of give-n-take in the negotiatons.
Hopefully he makes good on it and earns the total value of the contract. I don’t think JJ is the type that will take off now that he’s gotten paid, but I’m not sure.