• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia Tech, Clemson with convincing wins over nobody worth mentioning.

You can lump Florida State in there too. We'll see if we can talk conference shit or not after tomorrow night. Not expecting Virginia Tech to win, but should be a good game.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can lump Florida State in there too. We'll see if we can talk conference shit or not after tomorrow night. Not expecting Virginia Tech to win, but should be a good game.

As a fan of a team in the ACC, I can honestly say that I will be rooting for the B1G tomorrow night. Just point me to the game thread and I am going all HokieHi on it.:yes:

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan of a team in the ACC, I can honestly say that I will be rooting for the B1G tomorrow night. Just point me to the game thread and I am going all HokieHi on it.:yes:

I mainly like to think of SOS when rooting for our conference. And also, the more wins we all accumulate, the more revenue we bring in, which improves everyone.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mainly like to think of SOS when rooting for our conference. And also, the more wins we all accumulate, the more revenue we bring in, which improves everyone.
I tend to think this way. I know alot of sec Homers that do the same.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mainly think of how much I hate some rival schools and just can't bring myself to root for them. That and I do root for the Buckeyes when they are not playing UVA.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mainly think of how much I hate some rival schools and just can't bring myself to root for them. That and I do root for the Buckeyes when they are not playing UVA.

I usually do for Michigan and WKU but I know that nobody around here cares too much about WKU since they are in CUSA.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if unc beats clemson they will still be left out of the cfb playoffs.....

lost to usc and 2 fcs wins on resume will trump any win on saturday :nod:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be so sure of that. They will have the best win of any team, all season long.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Clemson on an amazing season. With Watson and some playmakers back, you guys should be the favorites for the ACC, and an early favorite to make the playoffs. Looking ahead to 2016 ACC play:

1. Clemson - Watson back with Scott, Williams, and Renfrow. 3 starters on the O line back. This team is going to be tough for anybody in the country to slow down. I fully expect them to score over 30 PPG.

2. Florida State - Returning the most talent, along with the entire offense pretty much. Their game with Clemson is going to be a classic. Both of these teams should be top 10 teams next season.

3. Louisville - Lamar Jackson showed a lot of potential in their bowl win over Texas A&M. Returning 18 starters. This will be a dark horse team that could potentially be a top 20 team. The question would be depth.

4. North Carolina - The Coastal favorite to me despite losing the QB. I honestly think Williams was overrated and wasn't very consistent. He was a good talent, but couldn't consistently bring it on the field. They return their entire secondary along with Switzer, Hood, and 4 starters on the O line. Expectations are high in UNC.

5. Virginia Tech - I love Justin Fuente as a coach. I understand they have a big question mark at QB, but I think Fuente will make an immediate impact for them, and this will be a very competitive team. They return Ford and McMillian on offense would should be enough fire power to give them some offense.

6. Miami - With Mark Richt, expectations will definitely be high. They return most of their skill players, and Brad Kaaya is a legit NFL prospect at QB. These guys will be a tough out.

7. Georgia Tech - I know this may be a bit of a homer pick, but I refuse to believe that this team won't turn it around next season and win at least 6 games. Justin Thomas is back along with 5 running backs that were all out this season due to injury. Along with plenty of experienced backs that got to play this season. The offense will be back. The defense will be the question, as we will be rebuilding the secondary.

8. Pitt - These guys are solid and can compete. They lose Tyler Boyd who was their top playmaker on offense and will be rebuilding their D line, but I think it's safe to expect this team to be a bowl team.

9. Duke - These guys will still be a tough team to beat, but they lose their top linebackers in Cash and Norman. They will still be a solid offensive team, but the defense will look different. Honestly, there isn't much difference between the last 3 teams. Georgia Tech, Pitt, and Duke will be battling it out for 3rd or 4th place in the Coastal.

10. Virginia - They made an impressive hire with Bronco Mendenhall coming over from BYU, and I'm sure he'll bring UVA back to a respectable bowl team, but it won't be this season. Matt Johns and Smoke Mizzell return for them, so they will be a solid offensive team at least.

11. Boston College - There's no way their offense can be that bad again can it? Kind of hard to be that bad. We all know they have the defense even though they lose the DC and a few assistants. These guys know how to play D and will be in every game.

12. Syracuse - I really like Dino Babers. Seeing what he did at Bowling Green, this offense is going to be fun to watch. Who doesn't like to watch a spread offense? I see Syracuse improving greatly.

13. NC State - Losing Jacoby Brissett, and this team has underachieved. Nowhere to go but up though. Not expecting too much from this team. They have to prove it to us.

14. Wake Forest - Too many questions, and they just don't have the talent and depth to compete yet. They really need to move on from Dave Clawson and find somebody who can make a real impact.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Clemson on an amazing season. With Watson and some playmakers back, you guys should be the favorites for the ACC, and an early favorite to make the playoffs. Looking ahead to 2016 ACC play:

1. Clemson - Watson back with Scott, Williams, and Renfrow. 3 starters on the O line back. This team is going to be tough for anybody in the country to slow down. I fully expect them to score over 30 PPG.

Yep and Gillman announced today that he would be back too. Deon Cain will be back, if he gets his shit together, and Ray Ray McCloud will be a playmaker too. Our big TE, Legget, said he'd be back too. The offense will be absolutely STACKED!!

We are losing a lot on Defense though. Mckenzie Alexander, Jayrone Kearse, Shaq Lawson, Kevin Dodd, and TJ Greene are all declaring for the draft.
DT Carlos Watkins is still on the fence, but the word is that he is leaning toward staying and the same goes for CB Tankersly. Those two staying would be a nice start for building next years D.