• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deacs headed to their first bowl game since 2011.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought the duke devil wore a mask and had a beard??

It does, but the logo on that helmet is a variation of the old Duke logo from the 1960s.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be pulling for the Devils this week. While VT controls their own destiny for the ACCCG, with what appears to be wins 'on paper' the last 2 (GT and UVA), both of those games have been very tight in previous years and I'd love a little breathing room.

We dominated UNC at their field, but the narrative for that game has been the hurricane conditions. I still think we would've won the game in good weather, but it would have likely been a lot closer. UNC has been playing really well and I don't see them losing again, but Duke has played better than their record indicates and could (hopefully) pull an upset Thursday night.

Both VT and UNC would be underdogs against Clemson, but both are also capable of beating them. So there's another question, would the ACC get a team into the playoffs if Clemson were to lose in the ACCCG? Could Louisville sneak into the playoffs without playing for a conference title or would the committee still take a one-loss Clemson team even if they lost in the conference title game?

I think Clemson does have to win out to make the playoffs and doubt Louisville would get in over a one-loss Clemson. However, just like with the BCS era, the last couple weeks always seemed to have unexpected losses that separated those vying for the top spots. Bama, Michigan, and Washington all have games that they could drop these last few weeks, so as a fan of a team with no chance of making the playoffs, I'd love to see carnage and uproar from others about why they should be in or why they were left out.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think both VT and UNC win out and the ACC CG will be Clemson/VT.

Wake's projected starting QB. Won the job during the Duke, but got hurt the very next game against Delaware. Provides Wake's offense with a look, that it completely lacks when John Wolford is the QB.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any delusions in thinking that Wake can actually beat Louisville. They can't, but I hope they do cover the spread. That big spread (30+ points) is a slap in the face to a team that has a halfway decent defense.

Maybe they deserve that disrespect after losing to Army, though. What a miserable game that was.

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russel Athletic was only sponsoring 4 Div 1 colleges last year. 3 of them have left. They're basically getting out of the business.

I'm looking forward to GT getting a nice FAT contract with...whoever.