• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Cavs have built a great basketball program in recent years and they are going to be hard to guard once again. How could any college basketball fan not love the ACC?
I just hope this year that we don't choke in the tournament.
Right now, it's like we're the college basketball version of how the Washington Capitals have been up until this past season. Damn good throughout the regular season but chokers in the playoffs. I'd much rather take a couple extra losses during the regular season if it meant going further in the tournament.
I do agree that I think top to bottom, the ACC is definitely the most fun conference to watch throughout the season.

That's significant news for them. I thought uva was going to have depth issues. This will help with that. Starting 5 looks really good now.
I just hope that Jack Salt can get more aggressive when it comes to rebounding. There was times that he looked afraid out there when he could've fought and possibly gotten some extra rebounds.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wish my team had your problems.... :dhd:

Duke had a Senior led team last season and lost five ACC games during the season. This season they don't have that luxury as they are all underclassmen.

Last season the end of year ACC standings were:

UVA- 17-1
Duke 13-5
NC State 11-7
UNC 11-7
Clemson 11-7
Miami 11-7

I don't see UVA going thru this conference with just one loss again as the whole conference is better top to bottom. But I see Duke having more ACC losses just because of their youth.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU starting #17 in the AP, #15 in Coach's Poll

I like it better when we start out as "others receiving votes", then work our way up.

If you want to distribute some of those "others receiving votes" my Wolfpack could use a few of them because we will definitely be trying to work our way up.

The Seminoles should be very good.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed!! Hopefully there point guards get healthy soon. Deep team then this year.

There is a lot to like about this SU team. But they need to get going. The woman's team is ranked higher.

And now the men's football team is ranked higher too. I can't remember when the last time that the woman's bball team and the men's football team were both ranked higher than JB's team.

And all three ranked? :noidea:

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot to like about this SU team. But they need to get going. The woman's team is ranked higher.

And now the men's football team is ranked higher too. I can't remember when the last time that the woman's bball team and the men's football team were both ranked higher than JB's team.

Congratulations because you have a lot to be happy about in the world of sports at Syracuse right now. I'm sure JB's team will make you happy too.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

as opposed to the women's football team?

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I met him at a clinic years and years ago, Geez he has to be in his 70's now

he's 72

he's going to be DM's top advisor from the sounds of it. saw him on the bench at the exhibition against Belmont Abbey on Friday night. he was engaged

he was Odom's top assistant. those were pretty good defensive teams. defensive hasn't been a strength for Wake under DM

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scores Opening Night

Clemson - 100
Citadel - 80

Duke - 118
Kentucky - 84