• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023 NFL draft for the Rams

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a continued review and watching a Kurt Warner analysis vid, the twins might have stolen several good to great players who will surprise the fans on this team. Snead did his part and McVay may have changed his strategy a bit allowing greater input on player selections from his assistant coaches than ever before. Case in point: Mr Irrelevant who is turning out to be quite the DE. Two other examples are Tomlinson and Taylor.

2 things stuck out to me while watching YouTube videos with Mcvay and Snead during/after the draft.

1) they talked with Aaron Donald a lot aparently and he told them to “go find players who really care”

2) Mcvay alluded to them drafting BPA within the “pool of players” when they picked, while trading back as well. Not reaching

That’s how you draft and it’s good to see them go back to the meat and potatoes of drafting

Problem now is… we may need another WR. So do we end up trading our first rounder next year to get a really good one or do we wait and see what happens/ who may get released. Mcvay likes his WRs

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew somebody outside the realm of the twins was contributing to the draft process and now that you mention that fact SJ, you can see AD fingerprints over a lot of the draft selections and signing of UDFAs. Good stuff dude!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, ALR and SJ. This draft was more of a group effort than ever before. Perhaps McVay is getting it that he can't do it alone. I hope this carries over into game prep and play-calling. After having a horrible season and three bad drafts in-a-row, maybe McVay will finally get it that he ain't so good at a lot of things and his coaching staff is. if that changes, that will def be a good change.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah SJ76. The more I read and watch analysis vids from Kurt Warner, the Rams stole Bennett who may be the QB of the Rams future and better than Bryce Young! Selecting his teammate McClendon at OT was a really good move as well. The more I study this draft the more I am seeing that we got a host of great players that were steals and cheap to boot. That only means helpings of crow down the road. LOL.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, EDGE, Andre Carter is still out there. The Rams should sign this guy!

Also, many are now saying that the Rams signing NC State Safety Ingle was a steal as an a UDFA signing.

The Rams have also added a host of UDFAs since the draft yesterday. Some are really good players.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many of the UDFAs are Secondary players. The Rams did not get enough Secondary players during the draft. They have a bunch now!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah SJ76. The more I read and watch analysis vids from Kurt Warner, the Rams stole Bennett who may be the QB of the Rams future and better than Bryce Young! Selecting his teammate McClendon at OT was a really good move as well. The more I study this draft the more I am seeing that we got a host of great players that were steals and cheap to boot. That only means helpings of crow down the road. LOL.

So many people really think this guy is trash or something. I don’t get it. He owns the record with Joe Burrow for TDs in a single college playoff game.

1) he’s the 1st QB Mcvay has ever drafted.
2) he’s going to sit and watch as long as Stafford is healthy.
3) he’s 25

I don’t think he’s a top 10 pick but he’s went toe to toe with many of the top QB picks in the draft. Good get in the 4th for sure

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the UDFA signings, it make sense for these guys signing with the Ram. Even with 14 drafted players, there are still roster spots open..

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only Aaron Donald, Cooper Kupp and Matthew Stafford should be penciled in as starters, it's a competition everywhere else.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, RB Zach Evans was initially listed as 5'8, 205 on several reports and I thought we selected Darrell Henderson 2.0. Wrong. The dude is actually 6.0, 218. He is indeed the big back we all wanted and as McShitfirBrains explained, compliments Akers and Williams quite well. Another good pick by the twins apparently.

Now this is a highlight

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams list of UDFAs signed

Los Angeles Rams

• Youngstown State C Mike McAllister (source)
  • Florida S Rashad Torrence II (source)
  • Wake Forest LB Ryam Smenda (source)
  • Eastern Carolina CB Cameron McCutcheon
  • Mississippi S Collin Duncan
  • OK State K Tanner Brown
  • Arizona State CB Timarcus Davis
  • Memphis S Quindell Johnson
  • Florida A&M WR Xavier Smith
  • Wake Forest OL Sean Maginn
  • Bowling Green TE Christian Sims
  • NC State S Tanner Ingle
  • Incarnate Word LB Kelechi Anayalebechi
  • Tulsa CB Tyon Davis
  • Louisville RB Tiyon Evans
  • NC State K Christopher Dunn
  • Rhode Island CB Jordan Jones
  • Boston College S/LB Jaiden Woodbey

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, RB Zach Evans was initially listed as 5'8, 205 on several reports and I thought we selected Darrell Henderson 2.0. Wrong. The dude is actually 6.0, 218. He is indeed the big back we all wanted and as McShitfirBrains explained, compliments Akers and Williams quite well. Another good pick by the twins apparently.

He was also a 5 star recruit in his class.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, EDGE, Andre Carter is still out there. The Rams should sign this guy!

Also, many are now saying that the Rams signing NC State Safety Ingle was a steal as an a UDFA signing.

The Rams have also added a host of UDFAs since the draft yesterday. Some are really good players.

Andre Carter signed elsewhere as a UDFA (Vikings). I was high on him initially too, but he a development curve ahead of him. UDFA or a late pick would've been OK, but they already took 3 edge players I guess?

All in all, I really like this draft, with only a few exceptions. It stings a bit that they left CB Corey Trice out there (including drafting a DII punter), finally getting picked by the Steelers in the mid 7th. I think they may have reached with Turner, but I understand if they had that 4th specifically targeted for Bennett (another pick I'm not quite on board with) and didn't think Turner would make it back to their 5th round picks. I didn't know much about Mathis, but as a TCU transfer with solid size and length, he's worth trying to develop.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every player the Rams selected have one thing in common. They are all football smart. Including Bennett. I like this draft for the Rams moving forward.